Correcting In-Game Details and Info

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Correcting In-Game Details and Info

Post by Balthagor »

Regions don't get satellites to start, that's an engine limitation. Fixed missile silos were removed IIRC.

The Ramses II has been flagged for inclusion later on, not sure when we're adding new units next.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Post by Spetsnaz Gaming »

Thank you very much,what about the aircraft production?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If they haven't produced aircraft in more than 40 years, I don't think they should get an air fab. If you don't have the info, maybe another forum user does. Let's see if anyone else adds to this thread.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Umm but i just said they are producing K-8E advanced trainer jets+Gazelles and they have the license for the alpha jet so it kidna counts i suppouse.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ah. Missed that. Fair enough. Might not make it for the next update but will add it to the list of fixes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Ah! Thank you my man! What about already adding existing units to egypt and such other countries ? Such as the Ural,BTR-50s BTR-80s 60s and stuff actually imma save you a **** show and gonna give you a wiki link hold on
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment ... ptian_Army
only like 10-12 guys in that list exist in the game but not in egypt itself
Such as the M270,M110,The T-90S Varient *So far around 3 of them arrived* and of course the BTR-50,60 and so on and so on
I Could however give you a full list of the units that are in-game that belong to egypt irl but not in-game if you like
im going to warn you thou its gonna be a LoooooNg list
+Where u from?
+ Are you guys intend to change the manpower of half the nations? yeh know could be a cute one
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote: Thanks for the details on Eritrea. Interesting that it's been like that since SR2020 and no one has contested it. I tend to agree, will look at changing it for a future update.
I noticed..just never brought it up because I figured you guys did more research and knew something I didn't or had your own reasons for it. Those weren't the only ones but TBH i don't remember the other ones I noticed during the creation of the modern world mod. :lol:

Would have to go back and look but I changed a few in the MW mod and used the Criteria that Even if they call themselves a democracy to the outside world I changed any country who has had the same leader for over a decade or so from democracy to dictatorship or communism for Single party states. The thinking that even if they have a voting process if the leader has consolidated power to the point that he's elected for life it's not much of a democracy. Anything considered a Single party democracy i think i changed as well (maybe to communism I don't remember) considering we don't have that option and given the choices we do have dictatorship or communism fits better than democracy for those countries. Been awhile I'd have to go through and look.

Edit: [_]OT
Somewhat off topic but changing the name of communism to Single party democracy Or one party state etc.. whatever term you want to use would likely make it fit the criteria of countries in the historical and modern world better considering all the communist states are a single party system but not all single party states are communist. Would require a bit of work redoing all the scenarios and Likely is outside the scope of what you all have the time to do given various priorities but it's something that has bugged me since SR2020.. :wink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-party_state
Last edited by Fistalis on Nov 18 2017, edited 11 times in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Spetsnaz Gaming wrote:Ah! Thank you my man! What about already adding existing units to egypt and such other countries ? Such as the Ural,BTR-50s BTR-80s 60s and stuff actually imma save you a **** show and gonna give you a wiki link hold on
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment ... ptian_Army
only like 10-12 guys in that list exist in the game but not in egypt itself
Such as the M270,M110,The T-90S Varient *So far around 3 of them arrived* and of course the BTR-50,60 and so on and so on
I Could however give you a full list of the units that are in-game that belong to egypt irl but not in-game if you like
im going to warn you thou its gonna be a LoooooNg list
+Where u from?
+ Are you guys intend to change the manpower of half the nations? yeh know could be a cute one
That's too many at once. Like I said best to do one question at a time. IIRC Ural is a transport unit, decision was to exclude it.

The following historical BTR units are currently active in the equipment list;

ModelCode
BTR-40B
BTR-152
BTR-50P
BTR-50PK
BTR-60PB
BTR-40-II
BTR-70
BTR-80
BTR-90
BTR-94
BTR-3U
BTR-D
BTR-05
BTR-4
BTR-106
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

So you are going to add the BTR-60 and M270 to be added later in the list alongside other units that are in-game that belong to egypt irl but not in-game ?
+i hope my second question didn t get ignored
*where you from*?
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

I think that Spetsnaz wants all these units to be buildable by Egypt either by adding regional code or setting them as known unit designs in 2020 scenario.
And I don't think Egypt shoul'd be able to build all these BTRs since most of them are bought and not produced by Egypt.
Please teach AI everything!
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Balthagor wrote: The following historical BTR units are currently active in the equipment list;

ModelCode
BTR-40B
BTR-152
BTR-50P
BTR-50PK
BTR-60PB
BTR-40-II
BTR-70
BTR-80
BTR-90
BTR-94
BTR-3U
BTR-D
BTR-05
BTR-4
BTR-106
shorted the quote a little

i hijack this, cause this shows obviously the reason to have a larger (at least just the height) User Interface Box for less clicks on scroll elements - especially in those following subwindows:

-unit order list
-research techs/designs
-production of units
-especially list of deployed / reserve unit
-list of deployed / reserve unit to be divided into subtypes like the production menu (the amount of scrolling clicking is really bad here up to the point of uselessness for a large army - just hit deploy all and hope that the units you like get deployed with your limited manpower)
-facility build selection list from both the resources menu and the right click build menu (the height of this menu - makes me think this is a mobile port)

if it can be viewed and selected in an atlas-style own window with the (main) stats of the unit(includes facilities) would be also very good.

if you cant do it - maybe point me to some of the HAPS files with filenames , keywords and variable names then i would try for myself.

Thank you!
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Better unit management would pretty much be amazing. Personally I would like to add the ability to sort the already built units as managing say the US army in 2020 with their 1200 units is basically impossible.

Anyway on to the M270.

From what I can tell Egypts M270's where manufactured in the US and shipped in a completed state. Not sure Egypt should be able to build them.
They should also be the original variant which is ID 4506.

If given the design I would argue that Egypt specifically should be given the design in 2017/2020 starts. Region group Z is quite broad and giving it to Egypt will give it to everyone from Iran to Yemen and Pakistan.
The loss of say 1949 Egypt not getting the design automatically maybe 30+ years down the road would be acceptable to me in order to avoid Iran potentially building them in 2017 and 2020.

While at it region 606 Saudi Arabia should have a similar number of M270's as Egypt which would be roughly 3.

In a semi related note given that the M270 has been brought up.
Should GMLRS (M31 and M30) ammunition be represented in some way?
Currently the M270 and A1 (as well as HIMARS) variant appears to be represented as using the old M26 rocket. By 2020 this rocket will not even be in the US arsenal instead being replaced by the M31 rocket.

Even for 2017 the A1 variant should at least be represented as using these as the M26 is gradually being retired.

The range for the M30 and M31 is around 70km and according to Lockheed Marting the M31+ is going to add 50+km to that.
The M30 and M31 is guided so it is going to be fairly accurate even at extreme range.
The M31 is also used by a significant number of other countries including Germany, Japan and the UK.

Edit: Maybe this last part should go into the unit errata thread
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

one im not retarded
two i did not ask the license of these units to be in egypts arsenal i asked these units to added to egypts inventory
thats all
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Did anyone claim that you where?
Zuikaku might have misunderstood what you meant but that does not mean he claim you are retarded.
My reply was mainly towards that it would be incorrect to give Egypt the design but they should have around 3 M270 (ID 4506) units as should Saudi Arabia and if BG decides to add the designs (say for balance reasons) it should be on an sandbox by sandbox basis as that would prevent say Iran from researching them as again region group Z is very broad.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

@Spetsnaz - Be polite. That's the rule on these forums.

Myself and the rest of the development team are from Canada, the province of Ontario, not far from Toronto. If I miss a question, just do what you did and repeat the question.

I don't think Egypt should have the design for either the BTR-60 or the M270. For their orbat (inventory), looking back at our notes we believed the BTR-60s would be out of service by 2020. I don't have any notes on inventory of M270s. With Nerei supporting your info on those, I'll see about adding 3 of unit 4506 to each of Saudi Arabia and Egypt for modern maps.

@EVILDARI - Big changes to the UI aren't planned at this time. If you'd like to try and mod it, start a thread in the modding section and I'll try and leave notes about the related haps.

@Nerei - Don't we have something in the tech tree for GMLRS? Sounds familiar...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”