Correcting In-Game Details and Info

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Correcting In-Game Details and Info

Post by Balthagor »

This isn't about sources, it's about community feedback. There is no mathematical formula for X military industries = Y fabrication facilities, it's an attempt to create the proper gameplay balance.

EVILDARI is correct that if you don't like the balance we chose, you can fairly easily build the facilities in game or mod the game. We are not making changes just to suite your gameplay, we're evaluating changes to the game that impact everyone.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Post by Spetsnaz Gaming »

HAHAHAHAH
Ok how am i supposed to react to that?
Yeah sure in my save egypt has around 300 land productions which i literally conquered the whole old world
But you know starting fabrications would be pretty cool
+Im not criticizing that guy i just like how he said that we should build them and i said before that *starting fabrications*
you know im not gonna say what i really want to say but yeah sure rules matter
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Number of starting fabrications is relevant only if AI does not know to build new ones. Since both the player and AI know and build new fabrication facilities, I just don't see what the problem is. As a matter of fact, the only problem is that AI don't know when it is enough while building units and facilities.
Please teach AI everything!
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Omg
Im only saying more starting fabrictions could be more nifty
jeeeeez
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Personally I would say that if there are manufacturing facilities that are not included then sure they should be added. My abilities to specifically comment on the representation of the Egyptian arms industry however is limited as it is not something I have spend much time looking at.

If it is critical or not can always be debated and it generally might not be from a overall gameplay perspective but honestly you can say that about nearly all map changes. You can probably say it about most unit designs too.
Personally to me I would say having accurate starting dates is important and considering the overall design of the game I would say it at least appears to be a goal for BG too.

I will however say that as implementation time is always relevant it should ideally be presented more precise than "X should have Y more than Z". Basically where are the missing factories and what do they produce.

E.g. If I say that the Kawasaki Gifu works located at the JASDF Gifu airbase north of Nagoya (coordinates 1641x235) is the main Kawasaki heavy industries aircraft factory and is responsible for production of the P-1 maritime patrol aircraft and OH-1 scout helicopters amongst others are missing I am saying much more than if I say "Japan is missing an aircraft factory".

It should also make it far easier to both judge how a factory should be represented (e.g. some factories might be better represented as military goods factories than say aircraft factories) as well as where to add these factories. As mentioned if mr. Latour has to spend a few extra hours adding something it really does matter.

I assume as Spetznaz Gaming mentioned having some sources that getting more specific information is possible which would make it easier to make qualified comments.
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

No i just like the fact how im getting criticized and getting thrown in my face saying *Just build them dude lol*
what the hell is the problem ya all? if you don t like it you can keep saying it till ur thinking becomes narrower than ur passport
And yeah sure whatever nerei,i don t think anyone ll accept it especially mr.chris
Public opinion really matters ya know
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

So someone come arround trolling with a youtube name and all of sudden we whould give feedback to help Egypt in game? What about the rest of the 200 ignored regions for the past 10 years? Algeria military is even bigger in rl and weaker in this game as of right now.

MP personel should be changed tho and maybe a naval and air fab, yes they import the ships and planes mostly but this doesn't happen in game that much. So might as well rp that Russia build them in Egypt.

Thats just military tho, what about population, GDP, etc. We going into a pretty dark road i feel like.
Gameplay 1st
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I do not know what mr. Latour will accept but I will argue it is probably more likely that he will accept something if you give specific details.

With that in mind here is a suggestion for a shipyard in Egypt.
The Alexandria Shipyard is currently involved in the construction of the Gowind class corvette. These are 2500 tonne corvettes designed by DCNS (Large french shipbuilder). The first is being built abroad with the remaining 3 to be built in Alexandria.
The Alexandria shipyards would be most accurately located at 1018x261 which is in the city of Aliskandariyah.
It is not a particularly large shipyard so it would only count for a single facility.

Alexandria is also a major naval port for the Egyptian navy with drydock facilities so it is a good place for a port in any case.

alexyard.com.eg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gowind-class_corvette
31°10'20.3"N 29°52'02.6"E (enter this in google maps and it should focus on the shipyards)

I cannot find any other shipyards with slipways or drydocks long enough to matter.

As for other regions I think the best thing to do is to make specific suggestions. Personally my area of expertise (in order) is Japan, the ROK and as a distant 3rd the PRC. I am happy to write suggestions for updates for these.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Nerei wrote:I do not know what mr. Latour will accept but I will argue it is probably more likely that he will accept something if you give specific details.
Maybe he should check out my mod then. If you have any updates on Japan, S/N Korea i would like them and update them accordingly.
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

YoMomma wrote:...check out my mod...
This is a very imprecise and time consuming idea.
Nerei wrote:give specific details...
This is a precise and efficient idea.
Spetsnaz Gaming wrote:No i just like the fact how im getting criticized...
Just because that's what you feel doesn't mean that's what is happening. I've seen no one being more critical of you than you have been of others. Twice I have asked you for a suggested number of land/air/sea and you haven't provided it.

On discord you suggested 4/2/2/3, I assume that's land/air/sea/missile? Is that the number you'd like me to consider?

Nerei is correct, I'm going to see how that compares to the neighbouring regions and what sort of balance it creates as part of my decision process.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Balthagor wrote:
YoMomma wrote:...check out my mod...
This is a very imprecise and time consuming idea.
Not as time consuming as this. I give exact locations, tech numbers, etc.
Gameplay 1st
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Spetsnaz Gaming wrote:No i just like the fact how im getting criticized and getting thrown in my face saying *Just build them dude lol*
what the hell is the problem ya all? if you don t like it you can keep saying it till ur thinking becomes narrower than ur passport
And yeah sure whatever nerei,i don t think anyone ll accept it especially mr.chris
Public opinion really matters ya know
ok here is a mod that gives you a few fabrication facilities right at start - including the Airbase West-Cairo (north of M75 Crossroads)
Give it a day to update facility stats in the production screens and Atlas. You will have 4/2/2/4 Fabrication units.
Also added 3 medium military goods factories - for a whopping 22% increase in mil goods production.
It is ready to run - no need to recache - just unpack it in your games \Sandbox folder and in game select the Sandbox "2020 - GC easyEgypt"

Can we now close the thread so that the devs waste their time with something more useful like the code that cant be modded...
(or at least a change country color cheat)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

YoMomma wrote:
Nerei wrote:I do not know what mr. Latour will accept but I will argue it is probably more likely that he will accept something if you give specific details.
Maybe he should check out my mod then. If you have any updates on Japan, S/N Korea i would like them and update them accordingly.
I have a google document that contains most of my notes that where intended to be used for a mod that was to go with the JSDF models. Chances of that happening however is quite low. It does not have as extensive sourcing as could be wished for as english sources are either basically non-existant or very sparse to the point of being worthless.

It is an open document so I will send you the link in a private message instead of posting it here.
jln115
Sergeant

Post by jln115 »

First and foremost i would like to thank everybody at BG for producing excellent products throughout the years, I've purchased everyone of the Supreme Ruler series games, bar for SR:Great War, which i probably will in the coming days.

However like all things in life nothing will ever be perfect, thus i would just like to add a few suggestion regarding the In-Game details

As a South African most of my focus will(Obviously) be on South African unit details. Most of the changes are very minor. anyways here are few of my suggestions(2017/2020-period)

Artillery
- The G6-52(ID 4715) is currently only researchable when you start the Game as SA. The SANDF(South African National Defence Force) does not operate any G6/52s(Only the older G6) units, But South Africa has built and exported 78 units to the UAE, thus i would like to see the G6/52 be moved from researchable to having the option to build and possibly adding those units to the UAE

Infantry
- The RG41(ID 691) is only researchable after prereq techs have been researched, South Africa has produced the RG41 since 2010(Only a handful), thus i would like to see the RG41 being available to build from the start or at least researchable.

Anti-Tank
- The RatelZT3 (ID 3415) is only researchable, SA have operated the RatelZT3 since 1987 and around 50(42 currently in service) were built since then. thus i would like to see these units added to inventory as well as the option to build

Aircraft Multi-Role
- The Cheetah C (ID 9260) is only researchable, South Africa has produced, used, exported and even retired its Cheetah C fleet in favore of the JAS 39 Gripen back in 2008, thus i would like to see SA have the option to build the Cheetah C from the start.

Possible New units for coming updates:

Infantry
-Badger IFV, SA is currently producing 242 units of Badger IFVs, they will come in a quite a variety of variants, most notably an anti-tank variant: BadgerZT3A1

Air Defence
- South Africa is currently developing its GBADS (Ground based air defence system), units that could be added to the game with regards to GBADS is the GDF-007 35mm gun which is the most modern of the Oerlikon GDF variants and is also in service with a number of countries, South Africa will have 42 GDF-007 in service by the end of phase 2 of the GBADS project...So far only the older GDF-003(ID 5122) is currently in the game, also would like to see the Umkhonto ground based SAM added to SRU, it's basically the Umkhonto missile which is in service with various Navies around the world, launched from a 8x8 truck.

Missiles

.AIR
- A-Darter WVAAM currently being produced for SAs and Brazils Gripen fleets, it will replace the IRIS-T which is currently in service, it's arguably the most advance WVAAM currently in production in the world.

.LAND/NAVAL
- The Umkhonto Surface to air missile is currently in service with the South African, Algerian and Finish Navies serving on various Naval platforms, as well as part of South Africa's GBADS as mentioned above.

Anyway that's my 2cents, to all the BG developers and staff, keep up the good work and happy holidays.

Regards Jln115
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Thank you for your kind words.

Just to let you know, with so many threads from so many users, we need to deal with issues one item at a time. I'll address your first question. Once we've dealt with that, you may wish to repost your next question. You might also want to start separate threads for specific topics. This thread is starting to have too many topics.
jln115 wrote:The G6-52(ID 4715)...
If the UAE is buying them from SA, I disagree with giving them the design. If they want more, they should have to buy more.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”