Correcting In-Game Details and Info

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Correcting In-Game Details and Info

Post by Spetsnaz Gaming »

Well heres a start for you
Personal sources too btw
So,he and me just chats and weapons of massive destruction comes to the mind,he then says that
*Listen,this is a hot in case for us,we got an entire *department* which sucks the cash out of the budget ,these people are like cousins of einstein in war, these attacks in north yemen? they were pathetic,but what we got now? these are enough for genocide if you have contact with them.*
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Well modern Egypt is entirely capable of producing say Sarin or VX which is quite a bit better than the mustard gas and phosgene inherited from the British and used in the 1960's (yes the chemical weapons used in Yemen in the 1960's where most likely left behind in Egypt by the British).

There is very little conclusive on this topic but I will try and have something written down in a day or two. A lot of it is sources like Mossad said this, CIA said that, the US army thinks something and once upon a time Sadat said something so there is a bit of sorting. The problem is most of the sources are not exactly the ones you would rely upon to be 100% objective.
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Yes,You are right Except the fact on the british one
Only a small quantity were left behind by the british,the rest were locally manufactured
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The reason I say British chemical weapons is that I can find evidence of Britain storing significant stockpiles of chemical weapons in Egypt during the second world war. Finding evidence that Egypt deployed domestic produced chemical weapons is harder considering that according to Egypt there where no chemical weapons deployed at all.
The typical answer appears to be that it was "napalm strikes".

One interesting part though was the there where some attacks quite early in the conflict followed by a long period of no attacks and an increase towards the end. That might indeed point towards existing stockpiles being depleted early and later weapons being taken from another source possibly domestic produced. It also does not appear to be a last resort considering the outcome of the conflict.
As mentioned though finding hard evidence of the source of the weapons is hard and having used foreign manufactured weapons looks better than having a domestic chemical weapons program.

Anyway a possibly long answer in a not too extremely long post is that I cannot find any hard evidence of Egypt actively running a chemical or biological weapons program today.

Chemical weapons are somewhat uncertain but considering history Egypt might process something. The main issue to consider is that chemical weapons tends to either be stored as ready to mix chemicals or precursor chemicals. Precursor chemicals takes a bit of processing but can be quite easy to explain away. Chemicals such as trimethyl phosphate is a component in mustard gas but it can also be used in pesticides.

I cannot find any hard evidence that points towards Egypt storing chemicals with the specific goal of producing chemical weapons but really finding proof of any such intend is going to be quite hard as it is not something most sane people go about announcing.

A significant portion of the evidence for Egypt having a biological weapons program appears to be a statement by president Sadat in the early 1970's that Egypt had biological weapons in cold storage and would retaliate with biological weapons against any Israeli usage of such weapons.
How much of that is fact and how much is a bombastic statement to make himself appear strong is debatable.
Considering the circumstances under which he answered he had little other options and saying something to the effect of "Then we die a slow painful death while Golda Meir laughs" would probably not go down well.

There have regularly been reports from sources such as the Mossad that Egypt process both chemical and biological weapons and the US army late cold war assessment was that Egypt had biological weapons. Looking closer at these though it is hard to actually find hard evidence.

A 2014 US State department report concluded that there where no evidence of a biological weapons program.

One issue complicating things is that Egypt has a biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry as well as agriculture. Studying pathogens is part of that so having strains of vira and bacteria can be explained.

As for delivery Egypt processes an airforce, SCUD missiles and a navy with vessels carrying Exocet missiles. Together that is a force capable of delivering bombs or warheads to any of the mentioned areas.
For battlefield deployment rockets fired from vehicles such as the BM-21 or M270 are perfectly fine delivery vehicles as a shells from M109 and M110 HSP's. Iraq used both types of delivery to good effect in the Iraq-Iran war.

Personally I doubt Egypt has a biological weapons program. The main target for such weapons would be neighbouring Israel and the uncontrollable nature of such weapons makes them a nightmare scenario waiting to happen even without considering possible repercussions.

Chemical weapons are a more likely option and I could see Egypt having measures in place to turn stockpiles of precursor chemicals into actual chemical weapons. The Egyptian army has industrial facilities that can probably do this fairly rapidly and unlike a vat of Anthrax can be explained away.
Considering that Egypt has signed the biological weapons convention (though it yet has to ratify it) but refuse to sign the chemical weapons convention until Israel signs the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons treaty also points towards chemical weapons being the more likely option.

The utility of such weapons however is debatable. Against most foes where such weapons will be very usable the Egyptian conventional forces is probably more than enough. The chances of being caught in such a situation probably is not worth it considering the massive fallout it would produce.
Against a more dangerous enemy such as the IDF their utility will be limited as the IDF is fairly resistant towards CBRN attacks.
Israeli retaliatory measures if Egypt where to say douse Tel Aviv in Anthrax or VX would probably also be quite extreme and I would say Israel has the upper hand in WMD's so any such usage is probably not a good idea.
In general using such weapons would result in economic sanctions comparable to those against Iraq in the 1990's or the DRPK so it really would be a weapon of last resort and even just getting caught making them is quite risky.
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Mhm,Interesting
I also knew we had SCUDS,and exocet missiles but is that even an effective delivery anymore?
As for my real life source,hes pretty trustworthy,and if he did say that we have an entire department for both then he means that to the word
Other than that thats a pretty good assessment you did there,respect
Other than that i appericate the work,Maybe you can find something else? its very well known we tried to get france into selling us a military satelittle to complement the ones we lost,what was the outcome? considering its been almost a year now and no word out of the corps
Other than that maybe a diplomatic assesment as well? Was Egypt literally stolen from the US bloc by China and Russia? considering we signed a strategic alliance with china and the russian one is obvious.
or did it happen while the west was fully aware?
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Also a question related to the speedsheet
So i suppose *Ready* means that its well ready to be go but you need confirmation to do that or?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

(bringing the link up to the current page).

Ready means it's done on our side and will be part of the next update. Done means it's in a public build.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Oh yah wat bout the diplomatic ones?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Have not gotten to those yet, but I will eventually. Working on leader updates lately. The world keeps holding elections it seems...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Oh yah
Fun Fact only 1 guy ran against Sisi and he s probably a lost cause
Other than that i think you heard bout Operation Sinai 2018 no?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Spetsnaz Gaming wrote:Oh yah wat bout the diplomatic ones?
k, time to talk about this one. I've made some changes to the spreadsheet. If you're requesting relation changes, I'll ask for a bit more detail.

When we set relations, there are 3 values to consider for region A's opinion of region B - Civilian Relations, Diplomatic Relations and Causus Belli. CR is what the population of region A think of the population of region B (+1.00 to -1.00). DR is what the government of A thinks of the government of B(+1.00 to -1.00). CB is the justification A has to declare war on B (+1.00 to 0.00)

Relations between regions need to be set twice. First is A's opinions of B. Second is B's opinions of A. They are often similar but can at times be very different. For example North Korea has high Causus Belli towards South Korea but almost everyone in the world has high CB against North Korea.

So take a look at the spreadsheet again. I've converted line 22 (Egpyt-China relations) into lines 23 and 24 (Egypt opinion of China, China opinion of Egypt).

I've also used those as examples. The first line is an adjustment. I'll create a scripted event that will modify the values by what's shown there. If the base CR of Egypt to China was 0.03, after the event it would be 0.09 (0.03+0.06).

The second line is an override. The values should would be added to the .csv file used to make the cache and the value would be precisely that.

If you could please convert your relation suggestions to one of these formats. The override is always usually the best approach.

For CR and DR, 1.00 is the region loves them, -1.00 is the region hates them. Causus Belli is a percentage, lower is less CB.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Eh yah well heres 2 experiences which might boast the civilian opinion
Russia:
The Russians were very friendly with the engineers back at penza,but they don t really know much of it
Chinese:
If you pass anyone in Manchuria make sure to say hi,these guys are very friendly
Germans:
Some of the naval officers who went there got hostile reaction,most were friendly thou
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Other than Diplomacy i would suggest a Buff to Egypt in terms of Towns and Cities
Considering That the Sinai is larger than benelux,crimea and etc,and it only has 1 Town is tbh Non-sense
Al-Arish is not the only large town we have there
You got Rafah *yes the same rafah which israel has,the town got divided between both of us*
Tabaa,which kinda borders eilat
Sharm-el Sheikh,probably you heard about that one
I think adding 2 Civilian towns is enough
In terms of military installations i suggest a military Complex located next to Al Arish with a garrison and an airfield
And in the middle of Sinai there should be an Air Base,The Miles Air Base,same one which israel kinda despised the fact we decided to upgrade it
Other than that OUTSIDE of Sinai in 2017 we opened the largest military base in Africa and the Middle east *Please notice i said the Middle East and not the Arab World thx*
With all the information about that base i suggest that
It Should have a Radar Station,A Garrison,A Research Center,An Air Base,An Air Defense Site
Also in terms of the ADS Egypt should have the ADS Researched already,its nonsense
Sources:*Unfourently i could not find anything online for the MAF base but there sure is some stuff about the Mohammed Naguib military base,it should be Present in the 2020 Start but not in the 2017 Start
Sources: http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/30436
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/mi ... frica.html
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Did you add any of this to the spreadsheet?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Did Now,Added all Xs and Ys,Names,Populations
Other than that i added Cords and What should be added in Military Aspects

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”