Correcting In-Game Details and Info

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nerei
General
Human: Yes

Re: Correcting In-Game Details and Info

Post by Nerei »

Sorry I am a bit behind on this topic.

The best I can find is that the Egyptian-french satellite deal was finalised in mid May 2016.

I have made a few comments on the spreadsheet
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Post by Spetsnaz Gaming »

So Far these 17 pages technically changed the Game
Eriteria became accurate and is now a historical

Thats it Really.
Hopefully the next update will see alot more getting added
Oh Yah i forgot to say Sudan should kinda be a dictatorship since the military kinda holds power and the not-very-nice fact about darfur
Pretty much in my opinion sudan should have as high CB as North Korea.
Also,Libya is a...complicated Issue
So me myself i have no idea what guy is ruling *libya* today
But what i DO know is Libya shouldn t even be a single state.
You got the Libyan National Army to the east,Supported by Russia,Egypt,and sometimes by the UAE
And the Dawn Party in the former capital supported by Turkey,USA,some other western countries
Im not sure if the UN recognizes one as the true leader
But im going to have to ask BG to look into this.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The problem with Libya is that the engine is not very good at simulating civil wars. Just look at ISIL to see how many issues there really is. ISIL is to the game a nation just as much as France or Russia which alone is a massive problem. All Libyan factions will basically be fully fledged UN recognised nations.

Being nations on their own also means that you can in theory just declare war on one and the other(s) will largely ignore it.
Scripting to avoid this is messy. Imagine Russia allying with the Assad regime but when Russia declares war on the Kurds or ISIL suddenly Assad allies with them and attacks Russia. Imagine if Mongolia suddenly declares war on the Kurds and all factions in the Syrian civil war allies to fight off the impending attack from the Mongolian army 6000km away.
Ending something like the conflict in Syria and Iraq through scripting that restores borders without causing stupid situations in ahistorical scenarios can also be tricky. Imagine if say Turkey is at war with both the Assad regime and ISIL. Turkey annex ISIL and suddenly a script gives all the Syrian ISIL territory Turkey conquered to its enemy Syria.

I once tried to look at options for implementing the Chinese civil war in 1936 but my conclusion was that it was next to impossible to do without basically considering all possible outcomes in scripts or rigorously sticking to historical paths. Even doing that properly representing rebel factions would be extremely hard as the game as mentioned regards them as nations and not just rebels.
Also I doubt most people want to play a game with a manual next to them to avoid doing things wrong.
The exception might be Koei Tecmo strategy game fans as games like Nobunagas Ambition SOI basically requires you to follow history or the game really starts to break.
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

No no no you see
Libya is not a eh..its not a civil war
Fighting is pretty much over
So yeah technically they are 2 nations
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The CPC and Kuomintang did not really fight between December 1936 and mid 1945. It did not mean the Chinese Civil War was over. Far from it actually. Likewise is the Libyan civil war is still ongoing and technically will be until both sides reach an agreement.

There is quite a difference between one nation with 2 (or more) factions vying for power and separate internationally recognised nations. Libya is still officially a single nation and most involved want it to stay that way. Both the Tobruk and Tripoli governments see themselves as the Libyan government not the east or west Libyan government.

If say Italy declared war on Libya both Tripoli and Tobruk would see it as a declaration of war against them. Both would consider the Italian armed forces as legitimate targets. Italy though would probably only have send the declaration to Tripoli with it being the government it and the UN recognises as the official Libyan government.

In game though Italy could annex the Tripoli government and the Tobruk one would not really particularly care and likewise say Egypt could annex the Tobruk faction and Tripoli would not care. This is part of the problem of how such a setup fails to properly simulate the complexities of a civil war.

Note this is not a statement on how Libya should be represented just that the game engine has a hard time properly representing civil wars.
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Ok,you convinced me
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

anyway Guys i hope this update goes well.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Balthagor wrote: Jan 05 2018
bumping the link to the top.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”