Correcting In-Game Details and Info

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Correcting In-Game Details and Info

Post by number47 »

Zuikaku wrote:
But what woul'd be the point of downgraded export versions in the gameplay?
AI would not build them.

I doubt human player will build downgraded versions.
And the research path - original version shoul'd be prereq for export version. So, basically, you woul'd need to research better tank in order to be able to research downgraded export version. That is not similar to WW2 Shermans or Pz IVs.

Adding downgraded export versions is not the problem, but what is the point of it and is it worth it???
The downgraded unit should not have the original unit as a prereq...just the techs. For example, that would leave Poland and Czechoslovakia with option to "research" T-72M without needing to know T-72A since research in this case only represents an option what they historically built. Im talking 1949 start for example, not modern scenarios where they already know the design...

Further more, the downgraded export versions could be given to research lists of regions that bought that particular licence. The "parent" country doesn't even have to have it in their research list...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Post by Spetsnaz Gaming »

Yes Balthagor,They are Battalion sized units.
As for the Mig-35s Well i got 3 sources to be exact
My Brother
National News
And Wikepedia
my brother as i said who went to penza,russia went there for the sole reason to *in a nutshell* know how to maintenance the russian air stuff thats coming alongside and knowing how to yata and yata. *ka-52s and mig-35s*
Wikipedia says: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_MiG-35 ,the first patch arrived in was transferred to Egypt by April 2017,contract supposed to end in 2020
Also our mig-35s are more like a special type than the standard one,click the link and read
National news say what i just said.
*Note:Not even a single pod came,only the aircraft itself*
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Alsoooooo NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Egypt should have 1-2 ka-52s alligators and 1 mig-35 unit,like i said we already received patchs of them
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Spetsnaz Gaming wrote:Alsoooooo NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Egypt should have 1-2 ka-52s alligators and 1 mig-35 unit,like i said we already received patchs of them
None have said Egypt should not have the aircrafts in 2020. The final deliveries will equal around 1.9 units of Ka-52 and around 2.55-2.77 units of MiG-35 and should probably be available in 2020.

The 2017 start date however is January 20th and at that point there had been no deliveries of Ka-52 or MiG-35 to Egypt.
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

*Oh Come on m8 im sitting next to an OP country we need some starting equalizers or something*
WELL we received the mistrals in 2016 so theres got to be 2 mistrals in the 2017 start
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

ALRIGHTY
Balthagor after i spent mindlessly reading around 50-ish posts i have decided what should be done

Egypt 2017 Start
-Should have the License for the M109 Howitzer,Add Units like the BTR-60,80,152 etc but however they should be removed by 2020 as they re all retiring
-Should have Ramses the II *t-55 model with just the name and stats changed+License owned*
-Should have The Russian License for the T-90S
-Should have 2 Mistral CVs or Amphibious assault vessels
-Should have 1-2 Aircraft Production facilities with the license for the Alpha Jet
-Should have some OP russian AA units *s-300s arrived in 2016,dunno if its in-game* however i saw that syria has a S-300 Gumble or something like that so i suppouse it counts?
-Egyptian Navy should have a couple nice 4 star subs from Germany *make a simple google search*
-Relations Update: Relations with Qatar Should be Hostile,Relations with Russia should be Cordial/Friendly,Relations with saudi arabia should be cordial,Relations with Yemen should be Either Neutral or Cold
*OFF TOPIC* I think it will be VERY interesting if ISIL got land in yemen and libya and sinai could make the gameplay more interesting.
-Umm Battlegoats,you know that the border town of Rafah isnt all ssraeli right? the town got divided between us and them,with an egyptian side and a jew side so we should get a town like it right?
Also for the love of god and everything with dignity in its name STICK TO THE OSLO ACCORDS and add Palestine.
The Oslo Accords give Around 20% of ethnic Palestinian land to full under Palestinian rule With around another 20% under pale civil control but subject to jew armed force the rest being under control of israel
Egypt 2020 Start:
+Add whatever i said in the 2017 start
-*CONTROVERSIAL STUFF COMING UP* The Russian media claimed that Egypt and Russia were at talks with renovating an old soviet naval base that used to be here,while russia had no response egypt denied it
You also know whats funny? Russian transports been going there and out in that area longside industrial stuff
Base according to multiple russian media sources would be ready for russia by 2019 i myself think that this game should say screw you and you and just add the base to russia,could add a gaming experience
-Add what Nerei said,ka-52s and mig-35s And we should have around 6 T-90S in-game units,considering we are to get the total number of 500 tanks by 2020
----------------------------------------------END OF STORY-------------------------------------------------
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

That's way too much to process at once. And to be clear...
Spetsnaz Gaming wrote:...we need some starting equalizers or something...
The game design doesn't plan for equal, it plans for reasonably accurate. Many countries will always be at a disadvantage.
Spetsnaz Gaming wrote:-Should have the License for the M109 Howitzer,
Link that shows they can produce these? And I feel like there is more than one M109 in game. Maybe someone can help us get the exact ID.
Spetsnaz Gaming wrote:Add Units like the BTR-60,80,152 etc but however they should be removed by 2020 as they re all retiring
Please provide exact unit names you are suggesting we remove so I can find the IDs. Also provide quantity so I'm sure we're talking about the same thing.

I know you posted more, but I only process one or two things at a time.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

1-I Can Provide the Links and thats a pretty easy thing
All what i said can be found here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment ... my#Mortars
The Howzs are here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M109_howitzer
You Will find that egypt owns the license for it,with that keep in mind some stuff are modified SPH 122 are locally assembled howitzers based on M109A2 chassis, but instead of utilizing the 155 mm gun the 122 mm D-30 gun is fitted in instead.
Guess that counts huh?
For the BTR-60s we got around 200 of them left active
BTR-152s are assigned to border duties so i suppose that counts right? we got around 175 of them left.
I made a mistake,btr-80s were removed a long time ago
There are domestic plans that the BTR-60s and BTR-152s are to be off the grid by 2020
Aawish
Warrant Officer

Post by Aawish »

As per my knowledge, so far Egypt bought or going to buy:

1. 24 Rafale fighter jets (Received 11 already)

2. One FREMM Aquitaine-class frigate (Will probably buy 8 of them)

3. 2 French-made Mistral naval helicopter carriers

4. 46 Kamov Ka-52 attack helicopters

5. 762 MaxxPro MRAPs

6. 50 Mig-35/MiG-29M/M2 Fighter jets

7. 4 Type 209/1400-class submarine (Received 2 already)

8. 6 Gowind 2500 tonnes corvettes (Received 1 already)

9. 2 Airbus A400M air-lifters

10. 36 NH90 helicopters
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Umm sorry not trying to be a dick but
Half of these are not even in the game
And you just practically said what i just said
So ur post was abit useless
*just saying,we received the 2 mistrals 3 ka-52s already and already received 2 FREEMs*
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Getting a name for a unit is the first step towards checking if it is already in-game in some form. Searching for "Type 209" in the unit file is easier than first finding out what the submarine class is called through google and then doing it.
Also have the FREMM, Gowind, A400 and MRAP been brought up before? I do not remember and I am not going to bother checking the entire thread. In any case getting consolidated information is always practical.

Searching the unit list here is a few ID's.

Airbus A400M Airlifter is ID 14277. However default strength for a air transport unit is 12 so the question is how to represent 2 aircraft.
Type 209 mod 1400 submarine is ID 15367. Only one however was delivered by January 20th 2017 so only one should be available for the 2017 start.
Edit: South Africa is using the "S-357 Gur Type II 209/1400" (ID 15400) to represent their modified mod 1400 submarines so that might also be an option and probably a better fit as the base mod 1400 is a 85 design

The NH-90 NFH is ID 7221

We already have the ID's for the Mistral and Ka-52. These are:
LHA-9013 Mistral ID 16235
Ka-52 Alligator ID 7193

For the MiG 35 there is a choice of ID 11126 which is the MiG-29M Fulcrum M or ID 11145 which is the MiG-35 OVT Fulcrum. The second one is probably the more accurate.

There are 4 entries for a Rafale in the unit lists however the M variant is the version used by the French Navy so those we can exclude. That leaves two but of those one requires the tech future stealth fighters so we can probably exclude that.
That leaves the ACX Rafale C ACT which has ID 11130.

Yes Egypt is buying a mixture of B and C variants and that is only the C variant but for the sake of simplicity I suspect Egypt might only get one unit of Rafale. Also yes I know the Egyptian variants use a different letter designation but considering some of these aircraft where originally intended for the French airforce (which use the B and C variant) and I cannot find anything actually telling me there is any significant differences between the French and Egyptian variants I would say using the C variant might be acceptable.

For the FREMM it is a bit more complex. Searching for FREMM does not give anything but Aquitaine does. In-game we have the D-620 Acquitaine. Chances are this is the same as the D-650 Aquitaine in service with the French Navy as the only other ship from the French Navy with the name Acquitaine that Wikipedia lists is a ship from 1915.
Wikipedia also lists the Egyptian vessel as being formerly named Normandie and being built the same place as all of the French FREMM ships namely at DCNS Lorient.

Chances are that ID 17442 D-620 Aquitaine is a suitable match for the Egyptian FREMM. BG just needs to change the 620 to 650.

I cannot find anything related to the Gowind corvettes or the MRAP.

So I was able to find:

ID 7193 Ka-52 Alligator
ID 7221 NH-90 NFH
ID 11130 ACX Rafale C ACT
ID 11145 MiG-35 OVT Fulcrum
ID 14277 Airbus A400M
ID 15367 Type 209 mod 1400 submarine / ID 15400 S-357 Gur Type II 209/1400"
ID 16235 LHA-9013 Mistral
ID 17442 D-620 Aquitaine

I would say that is actually the majority of them that is in the game already in some form.
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Aight i simplified what the mods should do on the update to add that stuff,suppouse its someones else turn
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Nerei wrote:
For the FREMM it is a bit more complex. Searching for FREMM does not give anything but Aquitaine does. In-game we have the D-620 Acquitaine. Chances are this is the same as the D-650 Aquitaine in service with the French Navy as the only other ship from the French Navy with the name Acquitaine that Wikipedia lists is a ship from 1915.
Wikipedia also lists the Egyptian vessel as being formerly named Normandie and being built the same place as all of the French FREMM ships namely at DCNS Lorient.

Chances are that ID 17442 D-620 Aquitaine is a suitable match for the Egyptian FREMM. BG just needs to change the 620 to 650.
about FREMM ..my post in 2014
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... mm#p165788

in France known as Aquitaine Class
in Italy known as Bergamini Class with 2 variants (general purpose and anti-sub)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FREMM_mul ... se_frigate
Con forza ed ardimento
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

not to crash the party...

but if you (OP) think that starting with a few puny extra units will save you in the 2017 sandbox.. sorry that will not work.
Here a short AAR to put the unit count you are talking about in the right proportions:
Started Sandbox 2017 - Egypt - volatility medium, unpredictable stance, ranges and such not extended.

your initial "hard neighbors" are not that hard - the problem is some warmonger that knocks on your door in around 4-6 years.
Usually it is an empire that spans from western Europe to far east Asia.
(in my case it is Turkey - that defended against an aggressive France and won, and now it is quit peaceful only 7 countries at war in the world)
This empire has now 158 land production slots (rank 1) , US has 38 (rank 2) and Egypt has 23 (including those in former Israel - rank 4)
In case of War with this huge Turkey, Egypt's 600 units would last for maybe 2 Months (without abusing AI) , after that it is just mop up time for Turkey.

Your additional units would give Egypt maybe one more day for such a war.
If you have access to better designs you can add maybe another one or two days...

I think the time of the devs would be better invested to real improvements in the engine and usability of the UI.
Replacing those old Egypt units was a real chore.

Your changes can be made as an easy mod/scenario - with access to the mapeditor you can even change initial ownership and loyalty of map hexes.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Naw fam
Prop is when france literally takes over russia which took over china and all of asia
and me puny egypt who took over sudan libya and half of turkey
Pretty ******* terrible man
*+Desgins for the T-90S Save lotta cash*

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”