Correcting In-Game Details and Info

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Correcting In-Game Details and Info

Post by Balthagor »

Spetsnaz Gaming wrote:You Will find that egypt owns the license for it,with that keep in mind some stuff are modified SPH 122 are locally assembled howitzers based on M109A2 chassis, but instead of utilizing the 155 mm gun the 122 mm D-30 gun is fitted in instead.
Then this should probably be a new unit with the defense/move stats of the M109 and the attack values of the D-30.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nerei wrote:Type 209 mod 1400 submarine is ID 15367.
We had given them a U-13 based on speculation. Did they ever buy that?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Post by Spetsnaz Gaming »

Nope,we never had U-13s Most of our subs are romeos and the new subs acquired from germany
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Balthagor wrote:
Nerei wrote:Type 209 mod 1400 submarine is ID 15367.
We had given them a U-13 based on speculation. Did they ever buy that?
The Type 206 (of which U-13 is the lead ship) has apparently only been sold to Columbia and that is part of the retirement of these vessels from the German Navy.
It is also originally a Germany only vessel with the Type 209 being an export version.
Germany is also still set to have 7 U-13D vessels (ID 15441) but from what I understand all have been retired.

For the replacement vessel, the Type 212 it is the same story in that it is a vessel designed solely for the Germany navy while the Type 214 is an export version without sensitive technology.
Also Germany needs 2 more Type 212 vessels (ID 15392, named after lead ship U-31) in both 2017 and 2020.

For 2017 Egypt simply replace the Type 206 with either ID 15367 Type 209 mod 1400 submarine or ID 15400 S-357 Gur Type II 209/1400. Again in terms of stats ID 15400 is probably more accurate.
It might however be worth changing the name of the Gur to indicate that it is a general upgrade of the Type 209 mod 1400 submarine and not a specifically Turkish vessel if it ends up being used by several other regions to represent their modified Type 209 vessels.
Again for 2020 just add 3 more of these vessels.

Also you might need to take a look at the stats for these submarines as the stats are a bit less than logical.

For starters Turkey is replacing her S-347 Atilay (ID 15399) submarines with Type 214 vessels (ID 15395 which is representing a Greek vessel from 2004). In game terms that means the Turkish navy is actually retiring a submarine that in some ways are better than what they are getting.

The Atilay has better attack values than both the Type 212 and Type 214 which it definitely should not have. It also has an impressive range of 74000km. Extremely impressive for a diesel electric. Its tech level is also set at 104 which is about 30 too high.
The Gur is the same situation with a type 209 design beating the Type 212 and 214 in surface and submarine attack. The German AI will be building old Submarines exported to Turkey instead of their own fancy Type 212 submarines.

The Type 212 and Type 214 designs should be stronger than the Type 206/209 given that these are a new design and not based on an old one.

While we are on the Type 209 designs the ROK navy K-601 Type 209/1200 (ID 15346) is a vessel with a tech level of 74 and stats to match but the Chang Bogo-class submarine which I assume this is supposed to represent was built from the late 80's to early 2000's. Their stats really should reflect this.
There probably also needs to be some way to represent an upgraded version as the ROK has devoted some effort into upgrading her vessels and the Indonesian navy has so far bought 3 vessels of an upgraded design (all 3 of which should be available for 2020 but not 2017).
Also the ROK navy is 3 Chang Bogos short (total should be 9) and all should probably be considered improved vessels.
The ROK Navy also should have 5 Type 214 in 2017 and all 9 planned in 2020.

I should probably start a new Topic on this as I can type quite a bit about the changes needed for the ROK (and also Japan for that matter).
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

So Batlathagor
About the Elite/Special Forces
yo gonna add da design to egypt or wat?
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

OOOOOOOOOMGGGGGGGGGGGGG i just saw something mind blowing
So A Country like Uzbekistan has 2 aircraft production *But the status of their military is Kinda *bad-ish* according to global standards *no not from globalfireindex
So how could Uzbekistan have 2 air craft production but Egypt doesn't?

[edit by moderator - foul language not permitted]
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Spetsnaz Gaming wrote:So how could Uzbekistan have 2 air craft production but Egypt doesn't?
Uzbekistan built Russian aircraft under the old soviet union. That's how Kazakhstan got a cosmodrome.

For the Elite Forces, I'd like more community input. Maybe start a separate thread on just that topic and see if you can get a few other users to support the request. I always hesitate to make changes based on feedback from just one person. How we model this stuff is very much open to interpretation.

And you could always mod them in.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Spetsnaz Gaming wrote:So Batlathagor
About the Elite/Special Forces
yo gonna add da design to egypt or wat?
I'm sorry for hopping in here I know this question was not ment for me but...

problem with egyptean special forces is that Egypt does not have it's own regional code.
Adding egyptean special forces means that all countries with regional code Z will be able to produce special forces of Egypt.
Then special forces of all other regions shoul'd be added (why only egyptean and not syrian, saudi, Iraqi or iranian) and that woul'd result in total mess.
So in order to adding special forces of any country/region woul'd make any sense, that region must have its own regional code not shared with others.
I do not like "generic" units, but all regions are able to research special forces. You can name them as you like in the game, so it is not true that Egypt can not research or build special forces.
Please teach AI everything!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Pardon, but when did these forums become a street corner and terms like fags, vulgarity and general hostility accepted? This thread makes me wonder what happened to our adult/ pleasant posters with some modicum of decency we used to have.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I tend to agree with Zuikaku. Region group Z is extremely broad covering a vide variety of different countries.
Egyptian commandoes will be used by say Iran or Pakistan should the AI decide it is a better unit.
Likewise if the Egyptian AI decides say Iranian SNSF units are better it will totally go for them instead.

So on top of it being a mess it will also run counter to the idea of diversifying the commando units as everyone will probably research the same unit as all AI regions will probably agree on what is mathematically the best unit.

Could region group Z get a dedicated commando unit? I guess as long as it is generic enough that it does not stand out if say both Saudi Arabia and Iran are using it.

Then however we are back with the currently researchable "elite forces" unit probably covering the needs just fine.
If nothing else Egypt could probably have those set to be researched and be given a few units of them.

Out of curiosity is it possible to make un-researchable techs either by setting or research loops? If it is it might be possible to fake additional region groups by giving out tech that none else can research and having it as a unit research requirement. Naturally this might make things appear messy.

Also if you want something mindblowing in terms of production how about Germany having 3 times the shipbuilding facilities of the ROK? The ROK has a larger almost entirely domestic build navy and is one of the 3 largest commercial shipbuilders in the world (or one of the 3 really as the PRC, ROK and Japan together basically owns the market for large commercial shipbuilding).

Yes commercial shipping and warships are not the same but huge companies on that market such as Hyundai, STX and Hanjin are also some of the main contractors to the ROK Navy so they do have the experience and facilities that could be used for warship construction.

Feel free to add that Germany can match the PRC in warship construction.
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

*Sigh* i just Adore the fact that how everyone in this thread thinks that every unit i suggest is a MUST name *Egyptian etc*
Guys plz i am very well aware that the AI can be total crazy
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

You specifically said adding a design to Egypt. It is not a far stretch to assume that indicates you want a specific Egyptian unit given that the generic special forces ID 465 "Elite forces" are already available to every member of region group Z.

None is saying you want to name it "Egyptian special forces". What we are saying is that everyone from Morocco to Pakistan will have access so adding say specific Pakistani, Iranian or Egyptian special forces even if they are not named that will make them available to everyone in region group Z which as mentioned is quite large. If done for one it could be argued it should be done for quite a few of them which will quickly lead to region group Z having a large number of special forces units.

The issue with the AI is not it being "total crazy". It is about the AI using an equation to pick what it considers to be the objectively best unit. The AI is not going to consider if it is playing Pakistan so it has to use Pakistani commando units. If something else happens to be better according to this equation then it will pick these as will Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria etc.
Adding several different commando units will only really work for humans roleplaying a given nation. The AI will just pick what it considers best.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Add unit "Special Forces" or "Elite Forces" (both exist but I don't know ID now) to known designs for Egypt...problem solved :roll:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

"Elite forces" is ID 465 and I agree setting it as researched and giving Egypt some of them should solve it. I actually have already suggested this as an option ^_-
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nerei wrote:"Elite forces" is ID 465 and I agree setting it as researched and giving Egypt some of them should solve it. I actually have already suggested this as an option ^_-
Okay, noted and carried.
GIJoe597 wrote:Pardon, but when did these forums become a street corner and terms like fags, vulgarity and general hostility accepted? This thread makes me wonder what happened to our adult/ pleasant posters with some modicum of decency we used to have.
Thanks for pointing this out, I had missed it. I'll verify the settings.

@Spetsnaz - watch your language.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”