Just some random questions i always wanted to do about this game.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

NBC095
Corporal
Human: Yes

Just some random questions i always wanted to do about this game.

Post by NBC095 »

Hey there guys, how´s going? I purchased this game months ago and I created an account on here, but normally i tend to be a reader in forums rather than active user. I always wanted to do some questions to developers or veterans of the game, because i always played this game with some sort of subtlety, trying to do some "realpolitik" thing, economic warfare and so on, instead of just going on attacking countries and ruling the world by force.

So i just wanted to know if some movements i always did have any kind of consequences in game or not.

First of all, i would like to know if placing units close to other countries´s borders, moving fleets close to their seas, and stuff like that, make the other country feel threatened in any way, and if that can contribute to an escalation like IRL. Or building military bases, radars, supply depots etc close to borders.

Second place, i would like to know if in the 1936 scenario are all historical events actually placed like in the Cold War scenario, and also the historical start of WWII. I realized that if i put some World Tension in the game settings, the whole thing breaks out in an non-historical manner, and basically germany ends conquering the world in less than 2 years.

And the last and more important question: Proxy wars. I know that you can intervene in a conflict when one of your allies is in without directly declare war to the other country, but i would like to know if it´s possible to do something like Putin´s strategy in this game, trying to support the opposition in Ukraine and the Baltic States, and also funding insurgency with Russia. I would like to know if there´s an uprising event with rebels like sometimes happens when you occupy a country.

I think that´s all. Thanks in advance for the replies, and also i would like to give a big thank you to the modders and developers in general for making and enhancing this wonderful game :wink:
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Just some random questions i always wanted to do about this game.

Post by Kristijonas »

NBC095 wrote:First of all, i would like to know if placing units close to other countries´s borders, moving fleets close to their seas, and stuff like that, make the other country feel threatened in any way, and if that can contribute to an escalation like IRL. Or building military bases, radars, supply depots etc close to borders.
In my experience (and I think I read about it, too) - yes! But I haven't used this strategy for several years so maybe it changed.
Second place, i would like to know if in the 1936 scenario are all historical events actually placed like in the Cold War scenario, and also the historical start of WWII. I realized that if i put some World Tension in the game settings, the whole thing breaks out in an non-historical manner, and basically germany ends conquering the world in less than 2 years.
Yes, the game is scripted. Wars will happens automatically, Germany will annex Austria, Memel and parts of Chechoslovakia automatically.
However, every script has conditions. If you change those conditions so that they do not apply anymore - script is broken and event will not happen. So yes, if you set the world to very high volatility, it could be that some scripts will not play out and game will be a bit ahistorical.
And the last and more important question: Proxy wars. I know that you can intervene in a conflict when one of your allies is in without directly declare war to the other country, but i would like to know if it´s possible to do something like Putin´s strategy in this game, trying to support the opposition in Ukraine and the Baltic States, and also funding insurgency with Russia. I would like to know if there´s an uprising event with rebels like sometimes happens when you occupy a country.
Yes and no.
No, because you rebels will NOT happen in a country that has only territories loyal to it.
Yes, because if a country annexed a country, you can fund insurgents so they fight for independence. For example if you play as Russia, and Poland annexed Belarus, you can fund insurgents in Belarus and Poland so partisans appear and try to bring back Belarus.

NBC095 do you play on Multiplayer? Would you like to begin a long "realpolitik" type of game on multiplayer? :)
NBC095
Corporal

Post by NBC095 »

Kristijonas wrote:
NBC095 wrote:First of all, i would like to know if placing units close to other countries´s borders, moving fleets close to their seas, and stuff like that, make the other country feel threatened in any way, and if that can contribute to an escalation like IRL. Or building military bases, radars, supply depots etc close to borders.
In my experience (and I think I read about it, too) - yes! But I haven't used this strategy for several years so maybe it changed.
Yes, the game is scripted. Wars will happens automatically, Germany will annex Austria, Memel and parts of Chechoslovakia automatically.
However, every script has conditions. If you change those conditions so that they do not apply anymore - script is broken and event will not happen. So yes, if you set the world to very high volatility, it could be that some scripts will not play out and game will be a bit ahistorical.
Yes and no.
No, because you rebels will NOT happen in a country that has only territories loyal to it.
Yes, because if a country annexed a country, you can fund insurgents so they fight for independence. For example if you play as Russia, and Poland annexed Belarus, you can fund insurgents in Belarus and Poland so partisans appear and try to bring back Belarus.

NBC095 do you play on Multiplayer? Would you like to begin a long "realpolitik" type of game on multiplayer? :)
Yes, i would love to do it sometime. I´m still not a good player because i have gameplay flaws because of my ignorance in some things and mechanics, but i´m learning but i could decently i guess :D
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

NBC095 wrote: Yes, i would love to do it sometime. I´m still not a good player because i have gameplay flaws because of my ignorance in some things and mechanics, but i´m learning but i could decently i guess :D
Not a problem, I like to play the game as if it were a real world geopolitical simulator so I don't go on all-out world conquests (because it's unrealistic) so you have nothing to fear :)
Add on me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198140784388

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”