So a few suggestions regarding battlegroups

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Sooner535
Corporal
Human: Yes

So a few suggestions regarding battlegroups

Post by Sooner535 »

So I enjoy battlegroups a ton, I plan to make them my "combat units" by grouping then naming them based on need, however it is really hard to do so because unless I remember every unit that went into there it is hard to:

1. Pick new units to add
and
2. See the overall composition of the forces I set up

So I was thinking the following would be nice:

1. Have an option in the general options to remove units in a battlegroup from showing on the active or reserve list (so the only way to select them would be the battlegroup menu

2. Have an add to and remove from battlegroup button on each unit, I hate having to remove my BG and then having to reform them :/ can be quite annoying at times

3. Have a pie chart or some sort of overview of BG composition, I realize that when you mouse over a BG it shows a list of units, however when my BG gets to around 20 units I cannot see all of them, so I think either a pie chart based on role and/or a list based on role would help a ton in this department

Finally here is a few things I think would be awesome to add but would not be paramount (in my eyes anyways) to the greater enjoyment of BGs as a whole:

1. How about the battlegroups showing up somewhere on screen? That way we would not have to dig for the menu to pull up BGs, would be one simple click (I realize there may be hotkeys for this, but I would like to request this option nontheless)
2. A technical readout of the whole BG, I am talking supply carrying, experience level overall, move speed in total, etc. Would be a nice thing to see so I can plan future additions more carefully
3. How about a BG experience level seperate from units xp? This could improve things like: morale, the ability for support units not to kill infantry, etc. They should be extermely small (so people dont have to use BGs) but I think small increases on some stats would be nice
4. Would there be an option to set the overall BG formation? I think it would be nice to have the BG be multihex and I could assign units to rear positions while some units watched our flanks, I think this would also eleviate a ton of the micro management that annoyed me in previous titles.
5. I have not added planes to a ground based BG (or sea units to either or vice versa) as I dont know how it will affect the AI, if the above multi-hex system was used you could have air units use nearby landing platforms while sea units supported with arty fire from nearby hexes (this one is for sure on the bottom of my list, as I could create a plane and a sea BG and just move them with the ground BG, however I thought I would bring it up)

Thanks for reading, and thanks for this game.

I have another non BG question:

How do you resize the UI? I saw in some pictures the UI was in different places so I assume I can move it around and resize it?
Sooner535
Corporal

Re: So a few suggestions regarding battlegroups

Post by Sooner535 »

While we are on the topic, why does clicking my BG not select every soldier in it? It's like the game wants 2 of my BG units at home, while I dont want them there (minister controls are off)
Sooner535
Corporal

Post by Sooner535 »

Another Q, how do you restore democracy?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Another Q, how do you restore democracy?
You cant.

While we are on the topic, why does clicking my BG not select every soldier in it?
Under global rules of engagement, lock 'minister control' and 'accept changes'. You could also entrench some troops there which arent in BG's.

How do you resize the UI?
I dont know this one, i guess it is possible, i just learned to accept the UI. Keep in mind that most UI you see are different because of screen resolution i think.
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

UI size is based on screen resolution. It scales automatically.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”