The kind of thing you do after 2000 hours of SR

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

The kind of thing you do after 2000 hours of SR

Post by Cdiplayer »

So after 2000 hours of Supreme Ruler I needed to do something new. So, for a challenge I decided to recreate a historical empire in Supreme Ruler. I chose Oman in the 1936 scenario with the goal of reconstituting the Omani Empire. For those not aware, Oman starts off in 1936 with a dismal, undeveloped economy, and a single cavalry unit. It took me 30 years before I was able to conquer anything, but once I did my growth began accelerating rapidly. As you can see, I am now the world's wealthiest nation, and I have a fearsome military capable of taking on the USA. I am currently sending forces to the Americas to aid Argentina in their war against the USA, a war which they are winning quite decisively (they have pushed all the way up to Denver and are slowly moving east). I have also launched interventions around Africa over the past few years to spread the glorious monarchy form of government. I do not plan to end my game until I have put a man on Mars.
golden.pole
Captain

Re: The kind of thing you do after 2000 hours of SR

Post by golden.pole »

Impressive. Perhaps you can continue this in the AAR section. Also, if you want a challenge, pick a relatively small nation, don't expand borders and try to maintain world peace. If a nation gets conquered, liberate it. Deploy to defend other nations all over the globe. Use only technologies you develop yourself, don't buy unit designs etc. It's fun.
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
.... []......REPENT and BELIEVE the GOSPEL.
pumbaa22
Corporal

Post by pumbaa22 »

That is very impressive. A quick question, do you get new cities and towns as time goes on?
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

That's a very nice game! I love it when players stop expanding at sensical size and then just try to influence the world in ways they see fit instead. I find it to be a very realistic kind of gameplay. I did a similar game starting as Belarus 2020 and recreating the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth (annexing Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Moldova, Ukraine, half of Poland, parts of Russia (Petersburg, Kaliningrad and Crimea) and a little bit of Romania. After these conquests (that happened over 20 in-game years) I stopped expanding altogether.
golden.pole wrote:Impressive. Perhaps you can continue this in the AAR section. Also, if you want a challenge, pick a relatively small nation, don't expand borders and try to maintain world peace. If a nation gets conquered, liberate it. Deploy to defend other nations all over the globe. Use only technologies you develop yourself, don't buy unit designs etc. It's fun.
Very nice rules! I just wish there were any good unit designs for small countries. They are usually VERY neglected. I find it unfair, that no matter what you do, you can't get really good unit designs as a small country when big countries get the best. As if playing a small country wasnt hard enough!
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Kristijonas wrote: Very nice rules! I just wish there were any good unit designs for small countries. They are usually VERY neglected. I find it unfair, that no matter what you do, you can't get really good unit designs as a small country when big countries get the best. As if playing a small country wasnt hard enough!

I add different countries designs to the CVP file so I can be say the Falklands able to research USA and Russian designs at the same time its quite fun of course to dot hat i had to make the Falklands playable also.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

sparky282 wrote:
Kristijonas wrote: Very nice rules! I just wish there were any good unit designs for small countries. They are usually VERY neglected. I find it unfair, that no matter what you do, you can't get really good unit designs as a small country when big countries get the best. As if playing a small country wasnt hard enough!

I add different countries designs to the CVP file so I can be say the Falklands able to research USA and Russian designs at the same time its quite fun of course to dot hat i had to make the Falklands playable also.
Wow, mind telling me how you do that? :O Sounds like something I'd love to do.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Of course this can break your game and i'm not responsible.

here is a list of all the region codes

http://www.supremewiki.com/node/46

Open the W2020.CVP in the maps folder with notepad and find the country you want to edit

For example if I want to make the UK research USA designs find united kingdom in the list

scroll down to worldavail, armsavail I'll be honest i'm not sure of the difference so I change both to read the same

worldavail ME is UK and European designs so i'd add a U to worldavail, armsavail so it would be MEU then save that and re-cache the game

The us designs show in available research designs

hope that makes some kind of sense :lol:

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”