Quick questions on Japan, France, & Russia on 1936

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

medic911
Major

Quick questions on Japan, France, & Russia on 1936

Post by medic911 »

Played a Romania game on high volatility (should have done medium! Tons of war in 30 days), but i noticed the old problem of Germany conquering everything in almost no time & Japan being eaten by China occurred.

Japan kept sending amphib assaults--but 2-3 units at a time (Britain & the allies never made a push, even when they have Belgium there).

I am wondering:
1. Whats the best way to Help japan gain some traction (by using settings & picking start dates as well as direct aid).
2. Whats the best way do get someone to fight back against Germany?
3. How do we stop Russia from basically sitting there and taking it without a fight?

Was it just an odd play through, or is that happening more now (been over a year since I tried this scenario)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Quick questions on Japan, France, & Russia on 1936

Post by YoMomma »

Thats exactly why Thadwookie made a mod...

But yeah even then you prolly need to play on low volatility.
Gameplay 1st
GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Re: Quick questions on Japan, France, & Russia on 1936

Post by GIJoe597 »

Oddly enough, in almost all of my games in modern times, Japan or S Korea defeats China. In my WWII and 1949 time lines, Japan beats the crap out of China. I even started a game as China once, Japan nearly depleted my manpower with shore bombardments.

To see China take Japan would be a welcome change for me.

A far as helping another nation;

If I know I am going to be playing the type of game where I will be helping an underdog, I will ensure debt is off at game start with resources abundant and easy or very easy economy. No merchant marine for unit trades. No sense in giving them the ai a chance to suicide those nice new units you are giving the attacked country.

I suggest giving them your most advanced units and designs, as well as every tech which will increase military/civilian/production capabilities. Do not forget to give them money if needed, or in some cases, when the world market is short of a resource or commodity, give the the item directly.

Direct intervention, without declaring war. Sign a mutual defense treaty, station troops on their territory. This accomplishes a number of positive things. The first and most significant is possibly halting the enemy outright. The second, it gives your units experience and allows you test your military against a possible future opponent without declaring war. Third, If the nation you defending has a manpower issue, it is better for your manpower to take the brunt of manpower losses. This ensure the nation you are defending has enough manpower to make use of the new units you have given them. It also helps to wear down the invading country also. Station subs on the shoreline hexes to attack the invader as they arrive, in many cases, even if they do not sink the MM, the damage will make a difference if the unit lands. The icing on the cake? Since you do not need to declare war, your units can move around the globe freely without fear of being attacked until they arrive in the home territory of the nation you are defending.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”