1941, 1942, 2017, 2020 sandbox problem

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bob12333
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

1941, 1942, 2017, 2020 sandbox problem

Post by bob12333 »

Spain still has an hostile opinion of germany and italy and japan in 1941 and 1942 sand box. Also in 2017 and 2020 why no Nato ? Nato is still active now. Also why is no one at war with ISIS, or against Assad in Syria. I made a post (similar to this message) last time I messaged you and you asked me to, however I got no response. ITs been like i beleive 2-4 weeks roughly. Why also does trumpme cheat most of the time give negative money instead of positive? Who the hell would want to be in debt.
Buzzbrad
General

Re: 1941, 1942, 2017, 2020 sandbox problem

Post by Buzzbrad »

We try to address all the posts and messages the best we can, though of course due to time constraints some won't get addressed. Cheats are meant to be a fun addition to the game, not a core gameplay feature. The trumpme cheat actually has a 50/50 chance, so if you don't want to test your luck use "cheat georgew".
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Buzzbrad wrote:We try to address all the posts and messages the best we can, though of course due to time constraints some won't get addressed. Cheats are meant to be a fun addition to the game, not a core gameplay feature. The trumpme cheat actually has a 50/50 chance, so if you don't want to test your luck use "cheat georgew".
Oh okay sounds good. But THE ISSUES I'VE FOUND in the game, HAVEN'T BEEN FIXED YET. LIKE WITH SPAIN 1940-1942 SANDBOX, IRAN 1942 LEADERSHIP PROBLEM IN SANDBOX, COLD WAR PROBLEMS, 2017-2020 (TRUMP RISING AND THE REGULAR 2020 SANDBOX MODE), WITH NO COUNTRIES Being at war with iSIS, no nato, Iraq and Syria don't have claims on the land occupied by ISIS even though they should.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Don't shout. There is one rule on these forums, and that is "be polite". We actively enforce this rule.
bob12333 wrote:...no nato...
See you say "fix" when what you are asking for are changes. We don't necessarily agree with the changes you are proposing, you're lumping multiple requests into a single post and as the above example you're circling back to issues we have clearly indicated are not in our short term road map for inclusion in the game.

Break it down, ask one question at a time (politely), and we will provide answers.

I'll take Nato as your first question - there are no plans at this time to create a set of events to try and recreate NATO alliances. We are not satisfied that the treaty system that exists would model NATO effectively. There are no resources available for creating a new treaty system that would model it effectively.

Next question?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Balthagor wrote:Don't shout. There is one rule on these forums, and that is "be polite". We actively enforce this rule.
bob12333 wrote:...no nato...
See you say "fix" when what you are asking for are changes. We don't necessarily agree with the changes you are proposing, you're lumping multiple requests into a single post and as the above example you're circling back to issues we have clearly indicated are not in our short term road map for inclusion in the game.

Break it down, ask one question at a time (politely), and we will provide answers.

I'll take Nato as your first question - there are no plans at this time to create a set of events to try and recreate NATO alliances. We are not satisfied that the treaty system that exists would model NATO effectively. There are no resources available for creating a new treaty system that would model it effectively.

Next question?
Alright about how about this. Your right my bad. I just grouped them together because I didn't feel 1 or 2 sentences was worth a thread. Second question: What about Syria and Iraq have claims on the land occupied by ISIS as well as all countries having a hostile relations with ISIS? For when I've played as saudia Arabia I actually have friendly decent relations with ISIS as well as no one is at war with ISIS. This isn't the case.

Though to be fair on my requests you guys in your Supreme Ruler Ultimate Roadmap and FAQ thread you say "We are also working on other Sandbox maps that will be added in future updates."

As well as " While the early years of World War II and the buildup to hostilities are simulated with a great deal of accuracy, as the years go on (1942 and later) the game can be so out of sync with the historical realities that the AI is given a lot more flexibility in its decisions, and this means the game will play less historically as time goes on" (part of answer to question 15)"

So you do make it seem as though there will either be a 1943 or 1944 scenario and/ or a later cold war scenario. So if that's not the case, than you sort of mislead people.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

When that thread was started, the 1942 sandbox had not been released. That was the additional sandbox that was in development. We delivered on that.
bob12333 wrote:What about Syria and Iraq have claims on the land occupied by ISIS...
We don't have a land claim system in the game. Are you suggesting different loyalty for some of the ISIS owned areas?
bob12333 wrote:...as well as all countries having a hostile relations with ISIS? For when I've played as saudia Arabia I actually have friendly decent relations with ISIS as well as no one is at war with ISIS. This isn't the case.
Okay, I will flag relations between Saudi-ISIS for review.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Balthagor wrote:When that thread was started, the 1942 sandbox had not been released. That was the additional sandbox that was in development. We delivered on that.
Oh okay, i forgot about that. I assumed 1942 was already in there. Though it is also worhty to note the game goes severely A-wall after 1944 (compared to WWII historical wise). Like for example I've played as the USSR in Sandbox 1942, and I've tried to make it so that the Warsaw pact (which should eventually be formed however isn't) gets alot more members like Greece, Finland, Turkey (in my game turkey declares war on me), as well as Austria.
bob12333 wrote:What about Syria and Iraq have claims on the land occupied by ISIS...
We don't have a land claim system in the game. Are you suggesting different loyalty for some of the ISIS owned areas?
bob12333 wrote:...as well as all countries having a hostile relations with ISIS? For when I've played as saudia Arabia I actually have friendly decent relations with ISIS as well as no one is at war with ISIS. This isn't the case.
Okay, I will flag relations between Saudi-ISIS for review.
I guess what I mean is you know how germany had land claims (in sudentenland) in 1936 (well i guess it would be loyalty) in czechoslovakia. So i guess better way to describe it is Loyalty. Like you said. Or like how during korean war, if North korea or south korea wins, it becomes a United Korea.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you're suggesting that we make loyalty changes to the map, a map of the areas you're suggesting or a suggested source would be necessary. Or are you suggesting all Iraqi/Syrian territory be made Iraqi/Syrian loyal?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Balthagor wrote:If you're suggesting that we make loyalty changes to the map, a map of the areas you're suggesting or a suggested source would be necessary. Or are you suggesting all Iraqi/Syrian territory be made Iraqi/Syrian loyal?
I'm just talking about the area controlled by ISIS. Which Originally was part of Syria and Iraq.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

two last things need fixing/ updating/ requesting. Make every country at war with ISIS because that is true (well atleast European countries (germany, england, Turkey, France, Italy, Canada, U.S., Iraq, Saudia Arabia, Yemen, Qatar, Kuwait, United Arab emirates, Egypt), and middle eastern countries except israel, Lebanon, Iran)

Make a german reunification event, to unify germany from east and west germany. Or make it so if I'm west germany and I declare war on east germany and win the war it than gets an automatic reunifcation like with North Korea or South Korea winning the Korean war, the winner's country becomes officially known as Korea.
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

bob12333 wrote:Make a german reunification event, to unify germany from east and west germany. Or make it so if I'm west germany and I declare war on east germany and win the war it than gets an automatic reunifcation like with North Korea or South Korea winning the Korean war, the winner's country becomes officially known as Korea.
We do not have the resources and time to make this possible. Though you could mod this in yourself if you wanted to.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Buzzbrad wrote:
bob12333 wrote:Make a german reunification event, to unify germany from east and west germany. Or make it so if I'm west germany and I declare war on east germany and win the war it than gets an automatic reunifcation like with North Korea or South Korea winning the Korean war, the winner's country becomes officially known as Korea.
We do not have the resources and time to make this possible. Though you could mod this in yourself if you wanted to.
Oh okay. I can't though I would love to. I have a mac. I thought it would be possible with the release of the map editor however I have no idea how to use it number #1, and #2 the map editor doesn't work on mac! For I tried to use the map editor and it didn't work ( I didn't have any applications that could open it, according to it).

My last question is why are there no objectives in Cold War Campaign 1949- besides the usual victory objective?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

bob12333 wrote:My last question is why are there no objectives in Cold War Campaign 1949- besides the usual victory objective?
When Supreme Ruler Cold War was developed, the events/objectives system was not capable of as much as was added later on. The Cold War campaign was brought forward from the previous game pretty much as is. We did not have the resources to both update it for the engine and start adding a lot more to it. IIRC we did add about 400 additional event lines to the Cold War map but not objectives.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

bob12333 wrote:I thought it would be possible with the release of the map editor
It can be done by events, not with map editor.
adding Germany in Regionincl file too
Con forza ed ardimento
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Balthagor wrote:
bob12333 wrote:My last question is why are there no objectives in Cold War Campaign 1949- besides the usual victory objective?
When Supreme Ruler Cold War was developed, the events/objectives system was not capable of as much as was added later on. The Cold War campaign was brought forward from the previous game pretty much as is. We did not have the resources to both update it for the engine and start adding a lot more to it. IIRC we did add about 400 additional event lines to the Cold War map but not objectives.
Oh okay. You still didn't answer my previous question! I would love to be able to use the map editor! However, I tried and it wouldn't work on my mac! So how do I get it to work?

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”