Manning the Maginot line

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

JollyGoodBork
Captain
Human: Yes

Manning the Maginot line

Post by JollyGoodBork »

So this is technically a Map Errata but I believe this issue is far more important than most Map Erratas and deserves a thread of its own.
In the 1939 sandbox and in the Battle of France scenario, the nazi invasion of France plays out.

However, unlike in real life, the german troops walk straight through the Maginot line.
Nobody who knows anything about military tactics in world war 2 could release a game where this is what actually happens.

Thankfully, this could be very easily be fixed. Just put some french troops or garrisons in the gun emplacements on the German-French borders and the emplacements will actually be useful.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Manning the Maginot line

Post by Kristijonas »

Sadly, defensive capabilities of AI are VERY limited if any... And any garrisons set there would probably be released by the AI soon in the game.
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

However, from a historical accuracy POV . . . its not like the line was effective either.

And the game isnt supposed to just replay history. I've seen Italy conquer France from the south first before Germany got involved in one campaign i played
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

I'm not arguing the fact that it's not supposed to be entirely historically accurate. But I would like them to use logical defenses they have available rather than just let the enemy walk straight through them without even the slightest attempt to stop them. They have the defenses available, it's only logical to try to use them. Hopefully we see some improvements with the new game and the importance of entrenched positions.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”