Supreme Ruler Ultimate Update 9.1.23 Released

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

lacer1111
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Update 9.1.23 Released

Post by lacer1111 »

Gman wrote:I'm a huge fan of the game, but really disappointed with the update as it's making it unplayable. I have a couple questions before I list what is wrong (because you probably know already and I'd like to save you time)

1 I have it through steam, and on mac. Is there a way to re-download an earlier version so that I may play?

2 or, is there a way to uninstall the new version?

The issues I have been experiencing are the game runs in windows mode, regardless of setting choice; the mouse pointer does not line up with the graphics making it difficult to select units etc ; the game crashes when I am selecting multiple units and scrolling a long distance on the map;

Thank you for your attention and am hoping to be able to play again soon, as this is the ultimate war game

+1 It's totally unplayable because you cant build units. It's been a couple days can we please get an update?
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

There is a mac update in the works which will hopefully fix these issues.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Experimenting a bit with the mac version I also found that it several times locked the cursor sprite. The cursor still works but it sprite is stuck. Short of force quitting the game and restarting I could not find a solution.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

We've pushed an update to the Mac Version (9.1.24) that should hopefully resolve many of the framerate issues people are experiencing. We get decent performance on our 2012-era Mac here at the studio, but we only have one Mac system in-house to test with, so drop us a note back with further issues.

There are some known issues with the Mac version:
- "Clicking" on Music/Sounding
- When running below the desktop native resolution, the window generally cannot be dragged/moved
- There may be some issues in 9.1.24 in fully terminating the game when you quit, checking into this.

-- George.
Gman
Warrant Officer

Post by Gman »

Thank you for the revised update for mac It seems as though many of those issues have been resolved. A few remain, however.

I'm using a macOS Sierra 10.12.5 mid 2010

Unable to get rid of the window mode. The top menu bar isn't visually optimum. But, the bottom toolbar blocks the view of lower left and right toolboxes in the game which makes it tough to deal with.

Game doesn't close. After multiple tries to restart the game to experiment with different graphics settings, several times I was forced to force close the game as it would not end on its own.

Thank you for your attention , and again great game once we get these things resolved!
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

Gman wrote:Thank you for the revised update for mac It seems as though many of those issues have been resolved. A few remain, however.

I'm using a macOS Sierra 10.12.5 mid 2010

Unable to get rid of the window mode. The top menu bar isn't visually optimum. But, the bottom toolbar blocks the view of lower left and right toolboxes in the game which makes it tough to deal with.

Game doesn't close. After multiple tries to restart the game to experiment with different graphics settings, several times I was forced to force close the game as it would not end on its own.

Thank you for your attention , and again great game once we get these things resolved!
Are you setting your resolution to match your desktop resolution?
lacer1111
Sergeant

Post by lacer1111 »

I have a 2015 MacBook Pro with updates to macOS sierra 10.12.1. Same issues as mentioned in the post above me. I have windowed mode un clicked but unless I use higher resolutions it looks like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gman
Warrant Officer

Post by Gman »

It worked!

I changed the screen resolution to match the computers diplay resolution.
Never had to that before.

Thank you for the help
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

Gman wrote:It worked!

I changed the screen resolution to match the computers diplay resolution.
Never had to that before.

Thank you for the help
Glad to hear that fixed it!
lacer1111
Sergeant

Post by lacer1111 »

Screen resolution fixed the issue for me too. Glad to be able to play again. I noticed one issue though. The Brazilian president hasn't been updated to Michel Temer. Regards
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Buzzbrad wrote:
number47 wrote:
Buzzbrad wrote: All 112 of your models shipped with the update. Though only 36 are currently enabled in the game.
When can we expect the rest to be enabled in game? If you don't plan on it being any time soon, maybe you could just specify what needs to be done (edit picnums, units file, etc.) so maybe we can do it ourselves if we can't wait :D
Everything is already done for them, they have entries in the picnum database. You just need to change a Units picnum to match the model you want and it should work.
So basically what you are saying it won't take long for BG to "activate" them all? :D

I tried doing it by myself but while some of them were success, some of the units where missing in-game model (they were invisible) even though the new ugbits icon was present in-game :-(

I was using picnums provided by Nerei in his thread...could you provide a list of new picnums of corresponding units so I can be sure I'm using the right numbers?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

number47 wrote:So basically what you are saying it won't take long for BG to "activate" them all? :D

I tried doing it by myself but while some of them were success, some of the units where missing in-game model (they were invisible) even though the new ugbits icon was present in-game :-(

I was using picnums provided by Nerei in his thread...could you provide a list of new picnums of corresponding units so I can be sure I'm using the right numbers?
Have you tried rebuilding your cache? That could be why the models aren't showing.

The picnums that Nerei provided should be the same as the ones we use in our game. I have PMd you the picnums.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Yes, I re-cached...most of the units were fine but T-72 for example didn't have a model on the map (even though in all other places the new T-72 pic was visible). I'll try again in case I miss typed it but I don't think it's the case because if I did miss type the number, the small pic used in all the research/production panels would not changed to the new one...so maybe T-72 picnum isn't connected to a mesh? HUH
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

There is an error with the T-72 where I apparently forgot to update what model it refers to. It calls for model 3993 but should be 1752.
If there are any others let me know and I will see if I can figure out what the problem is.

As for adding them I think the main challenge is going to be figuring out where to use them. E.g J(D)S Ariake is a separate unit class in game however it is also the 8th Murasame class destroyer and should be represented as such. Also a few models such as the Type 10, Type 16, JS Izumo and the 2010 JS Akizuki is not in the game at all.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

I`m looking at the default.picnums lines that Nerei provided with his mod (I don`t have SRU :roll: ). His T-72 is 1752, but the line incorrectly refers to another model:
1752, 2, 1, 0, , -1, -1, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, -1, 0, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 14, 2, 2, , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3993, , , , , , 0.006,
Maybe this got carried over into the main game. Check to see if it`s like that and try changing it to 1752.

EDIT: ok, Nerei beat me to it....
Also a few models such as the Type 10, Type 16, JS Izumo and the 2010 JS Akizuki is not in the game at all.
Personally I`ve turned the 2483 J-09 into the Type 10 tank. Otherwise what could it represent?

Btw, the Mitsubishi Type 73 Light Truck is also missing from the game. Not to be confused with the Type 73 APC which in SR I think is 416 J-73 .
Last edited by MK4 on Jul 12 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”