Land Production Facilities

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

WretchedKing
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Land Production Facilities

Post by WretchedKing »

Hello guys. I have 4 Land production Facilities and I'm playing Brazil. I have que'd up 4 units but only 2 of the facilities are building. how do I get the other two facilities to produce? They are completely constructed and active. Thx!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Land Production Facilities

Post by GIJoe597 »

My guess.. Delete the two not producing, reorder them. They should start at top of next day.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Yeah, sometimes it's finicky when you place an order for a bunch of things all at once.

Basically to explain this, pending units aren't in a large queue where any idle production facility can just pull from. When you order one, you're placing it to a specific production facility even if that's not obvious. So when you placed an order for 4, either both of them received orders for 2 or 1 had an order for 1, and the other got an order for 3.

You can manually place orders at each specific production facility if you wanted, but that can be tedious. Or you can stagger it slightly. When placing them all at once, it pretty randomly chooses which ones to send the order to. But if 2 are already building and 2 are currently idle, placing a new order for 2 more will definitely send the order to the currently idle facilities.

So yeah, basically exactly like GIJoe597 says, just explaining why. Cancel the 2 pending order and reorder them, and they will be sent to the idle facilities. :)
MeatHammer 40k
Sergeant

Post by MeatHammer 40k »

Something I'll need to get used to myself. Are you able to manage each individual facilities queue?

2020 gold had good mechanics, not sure if the queue was one big pool and idle facilities just grabbed units or it would equally distribute units to the facilities queue
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

Yeah I do wish there was a big queue and that individual queues were the override instead. Especially because the game lags pretty hard if you have too many production slots (Trying to order more tanks with 42 land production as Britain in 1942 is not fun, nor is it higher than 3FPS).
My biggest gripe is being unable to queue many things at once though, which I guess comes back down to the lack of global queue. I already screwed my last mouse in its final days with SRU, and I'm probably knocking years off of the lifespan of my current mouse playing SRU again because of how many things need independently spam-clicked lol
MeatHammer 40k
Sergeant

Post by MeatHammer 40k »

Update:

Fooled around with it last night looks like each hex has its own queue and any idle facility in that hex will pull from that queue.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”