Question about History?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Saisio
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Question about History?

Post by Saisio »

I have now been running as Iran from the cold war start.
Where is the historical revolution event, according to historical fact i should happens between year, 1975 - 1979?
My current ingame year is 1981

Is the game going a-historical on me, in terms of playing Iran.

Sadam Hussain in ruling in Iraq though.

Cheers
Saisio
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Question about History?

Post by way2co0l »

To be honest, I'm not sure how many events are actually coded into the cold war scenario at this point. One of the problems this series has long struggled with was a lack of resources available in terms of money for coders to actually build the game and implement all of this stuff. It takes a lot of effort just to research leaders, census information for population distribution, resource extraction amounts per location, military unit availability and combat values, ect. They've always had an extremely small staff and the amount of time it takes just to do those things combined with the features they've wanted to add to the game make it extremely difficult for them to do everything they've wanted to do. They simply haven't had the money for it.

Mods are obviously are biggest hope in that regard, but modding in its current state is a little cumbersome which is why very few continue to take on the task. I know that's something they want to fix, and they have been working on an editor for awhile. But like I mentioned, money is an issue and when they only have 1 guy to work on it part time in addition to all of the other patch updates he's working on, progress hasn't been as fast as everyone would like.

I personally believe that's part of the reason why they decided to come back and announce a new game. The simple fact is that it takes money to make these things happen, and a new game will hopefully generate enough for them to be able to offer further enhancements to the game (they always try to update each of their previous games with many of the gameplay enhancements from their newer ones) and allow them to put enough work into finishing an editor that will make it much easier for modders to build new scenarios and such.

So yeah, long story short, I'm unsure if the Iranian revolution is actually represented in the game at this point. If things go well with the new game, then I'm hopeful that it will result in us getting the editor we've always wanted and that we'll see a bunch of new mod projects spring up that might correct a lot of the shortcomings that they've just never had the resources to make good on. The game really is awesome, and can be so much better. I'm looking forward to that part! :D
Saisio
Warrant Officer

Post by Saisio »

way2co0l wrote:To be honest, I'm not sure how many events are actually coded into the cold war scenario at this point. One of the problems this series has long struggled with was a lack of resources available in terms of money for coders to actually build the game and implement all of this stuff. It takes a lot of effort just to research leaders, census information for population distribution, resource extraction amounts per location, military unit availability and combat values, ect. They've always had an extremely small staff and the amount of time it takes just to do those things combined with the features they've wanted to add to the game make it extremely difficult for them to do everything they've wanted to do. They simply haven't had the money for it.

Mods are obviously are biggest hope in that regard, but modding in its current state is a little cumbersome which is why very few continue to take on the task. I know that's something they want to fix, and they have been working on an editor for awhile. But like I mentioned, money is an issue and when they only have 1 guy to work on it part time in addition to all of the other patch updates he's working on, progress hasn't been as fast as everyone would like.

I personally believe that's part of the reason why they decided to come back and announce a new game. The simple fact is that it takes money to make these things happen, and a new game will hopefully generate enough for them to be able to offer further enhancements to the game (they always try to update each of their previous games with many of the gameplay enhancements from their newer ones) and allow them to put enough work into finishing an editor that will make it much easier for modders to build new scenarios and such.

So yeah, long story short, I'm unsure if the Iranian revolution is actually represented in the game at this point. If things go well with the new game, then I'm hopeful that it will result in us getting the editor we've always wanted and that we'll see a bunch of new mod projects spring up that might correct a lot of the shortcomings that they've just never had the resources to make good on. The game really is awesome, and can be so much better. I'm looking forward to that part! :D
Aye same, looking forward myself to the new content. Sad to hear the part about the finances behind the project though, cause it is a well developed consept, but at the same time the game have rather harsh learning curve, that might scare away players. Either way, I am slowly getting my tool case well in hand to tackle the game.

Reason I but large ??? around the Iranian revulsion, is in my Brazil game it seems to happen.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Ah, well then I definitely don't know. haha. I'm sure it can be checked in the files somewhere, but I'm not sure how to go about finding it.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Some events dont' trigger if u play with that region so U can rewrite the history.

http://www.supremewiki.com/node/305

how u can see in the 11th column (eventbnotifhuman) u can set if an event occur or not when u play with it.

edit: add link
Con forza ed ardimento
Saisio
Warrant Officer

Post by Saisio »

dax1 wrote:Some events dont' trigger if u play with that region so U can rewrite the history.

how u can see in the 11th column (eventbnotifhuman) u can set if an event occur or not when u play with it.

Ty dax1, a lot of info there to comprehend.

Just have to ask this though, might the revolution not have triggered duo to I run my country with and healthy DAR?
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Saisio wrote:
dax1 wrote:Some events dont' trigger if u play with that region so U can rewrite the history.

Ty dax1, a lot of info there to comprehend.

Just have to ask this though, might the revolution not have triggered duo to I run my country with and healthy DAR?

I think DAR is not your problem....first of all You should check if the event is present in the event file
Con forza ed ardimento
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

ok...I'm gone to see ...
and I found it.
2123, 15396480, 0, 19, 723, 601, 889, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 339, 0, 0, 0, , , , , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, ,
I confirm...no revolution couse you play with Iran.
Con forza ed ardimento
Saisio
Warrant Officer

Post by Saisio »

dax1 wrote:ok...I'm gone to see ...
and I found it.
2123, 15396480, 0, 19, 723, 601, 889, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 339, 0, 0, 0, , , , , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, ,
I confirm...no revolution couse you play with Iran.
Sad Panda :/ and tywm for confirming it though :) Think I will have to delve into those numbers further ;P To get a grip on that.

Even though it would have been a nice feature, that the nation you pick follows up the real events in history, I presume some nations have it.
Playing A-historical isn't necessary a bad thing, but I would have been nice having a feature which allowed the player to toggle historical events for you nation in your play through.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

8)
I don't know what your expectations are...but in this case there is only a government change....
I wish u dont expect some civil-war.
If this event happened your game would be over.
Con forza ed ardimento

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”