SR Ultimate on Mac OS

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

hassansultan
Corporal
Human: Yes

SR Ultimate on Mac OS

Post by hassansultan »

Hello

Apologies if this has been posted before but I'm hoping someone can help answer my question. I have SR 2020 Global Crises on Windows. I have recently made the switch to Mac and was disappointed to find that SR 2020 GC is not supported on Mac (my fault I should have checked!). However as SR Ultimate is supported on Mac my question is if I were to purchase SR Ultimate on Mac will I still be able to play my saved game on SR 2020 GC (Windows) on SR Ultimate Mac?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: SR Ultimate on Mac OS

Post by Balthagor »

No, unfortunately the savegame file format is different between those versions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

You might be able to get SR2020 to run either through a virtual machine or wine.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

I previously used VMWare to play SR 2020 GC. Did fine.

Now, however, WIN10 is required on newer Mac's but should work fine with combination of WIN 10 & VMWare.

Anxious to see release of SR-Ultimate....soonest! Estimated release date available ?
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

geminif4ucorsair wrote:Anxious to see release of SR-Ultimate....soonest! Estimated release date available ?
Supreme Ruler Ultimate has a Mac version on Steam, and it is now updated to the latest version (9.1.23). In our testing, the latest version may have some clicking issues in music playback on some systems, and unfortunately the Mac version does not support Multiplayer.

-- George.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”