Unlikely Friendship- what comes after Soviet Union and United Kingdom 1942

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bob12333
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Unlikely Friendship- what comes after Soviet Union and United Kingdom 1942

Post by bob12333 »

i've played supreme ruler 1942 as the soviet union for along time. However, no matter what I do, the first even pops up and only the first event which is an unlikely friendship between United Kingdom and the Soviet Union. What are the triggers to the other events (what do I need to do/ what conditions need to be met for the other events to be triggered)?
Buzzbrad
General

Re: Unlikely Friendship- what comes after Soviet Union and United Kingdom 1942

Post by Buzzbrad »

bob12333 wrote:i've played supreme ruler 1942 as the soviet union for along time. However, no matter what I do, the first even pops up and only the first event which is an unlikely friendship between United Kingdom and the Soviet Union. What are the triggers to the other events (what do I need to do/ what conditions need to be met for the other events to be triggered)?

Welcome to the forum! We have dozens of condition checks before triggering events, so we would have to look them up and see.
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

@Buzzbrad, sorry to hijack this post but are you new to the Dev team? If so it's could they're hiring people and really getting the ball rolling again :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks for reminding me, I need to update his profile rank.

We have two new staff, Brad and Erik. You'll likely see Brad on the forums a fair amount and Erik is working on trailers for SRGW among other things.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Post by JollyGoodBork »

Can I just go off topic for a second to say how great it is to see the devs answering questions etc more often? I just wanted to say that every effort you put into supporting the community is appreciated!
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

JollyGoodBork wrote:Can I just go off topic for a second to say how great it is to see the devs answering questions etc more often? I just wanted to say that every effort you put into supporting the community is appreciated!
We are more then happy to support the great community around our games. As always we will continue to stay active and try our best to answer all questions. Thanks :)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

JollyGoodBork wrote:Can I just go off topic for a second to say how great it is to see the devs answering questions etc more often? I just wanted to say that every effort you put into supporting the community is appreciated!
I just want to say that I agree and not only that it also makes them appear to be alive and active. As outside observers we can only go by what we see and if we do not see anything assuming development has stopped is not that unlikely conclusion to reach. It might be completely wrong but lacking other evidence quite a few people will do that.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

How is this an answer to OP?

Support ruling party, sell troops, thats how you become friends.
Gameplay 1st
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

thats not what I mean/ what I'm looking for. I knew that already.
I can't attach the picture because it is too big. but this is what I mean (maybe I wasn't clear enough, if I wasn't my bad).
What event happens to the soviet union in sandbox 1942 after the event on May 5th happens called an unlikely friendship. The Axis Threat can't be ignored. Where a Roman Numerial 1 is on the right of the date/ in game speed. I've played the game continuously however I can't seem to get the other events to happen. What are the conditions/ triggers I need to have in order for the other events to happen?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I use postimage for most of my image hosting needs. It should allow for most realistic image resolutions.
If you have the image as say a .tga or .bmp try and save it as a .jpg or .png as that will also greatly reduce size (mostly saying this as I have no idea what image format windows screenshots uses as default).
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Nerei wrote:I use postimage for most of my image hosting needs. It should allow for most realistic image resolutions.
If you have the image as say a .tga or .bmp try and save it as a .jpg or .png as that will also greatly reduce size (mostly saying this as I have no idea what image format windows screenshots uses as default).
Okay so i don't think I need to get a picture now. the event series I'm talking about happens whenever (well should happen) I play either the United Kingdom or the Soviet Union in Sand box 1942 on April 16th (was wrong it didn't activate on July). It is called an unlikely friendship (title) - the axis threat cannot be ignored (sub-title). We have received an offer from the. They believe recent german actions clearly demonstration that for both our nations to survive we must act as one allied front. They are offering us a full alliance and mutual defense agreement. Shall we join with them to fight the Axis threat?

According to history I know I need to press accept instead of disagree (or no). However, whenever I have done either or, the next events in the series that should happen, actually don't happen for some reason. So what are the triggers/ conditions to the other events in the series. I hope this helps.
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

bob12333 wrote:
Nerei wrote:I use postimage for most of my image hosting needs. It should allow for most realistic image resolutions.
Okay so i don't think I need to get a picture now. the event series I'm talking about happens whenever (well should happen) I play either the United Kingdom or the Soviet Union in Sand box 1942 on April 16th (was wrong it didn't activate on July). It is called an unlikely friendship (title) - the axis threat cannot be ignored (sub-title). We have received an offer from the. They believe recent german actions clearly demonstration that for both our nations to survive we must act as one allied front. They are offering us a full alliance and mutual defense agreement. Shall we join with them to fight the Axis threat?

According to history I know I need to press accept instead of disagree (or no). However, whenever I have done either or, the next events in the series that should happen, actually don't happen for some reason. So what are the triggers/ conditions to the other events in the series. I hope this helps.
Thanks for the additional info. We will investigate the issue.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Buzzbrad wrote:
bob12333 wrote:

Thanks for the additional info. We will investigate the issue.
Since, I know there should be more than just that simple event especially since it has a roman numerical I, which indicates its the first event in a series of probably 3 or 4 events. So i guess what I'm also saying is the after the event fires the game gets so out of whack (or far from history) that the other events don't fire, which is a problem.

i think part of the problem with a few other things( i'm not sure about historical wise) is you have Reza Shah Pahlavi as leader of Iran in the 1942 sand box and in world war II he was over throne during eh anglo-soviet invasion of Iran- two years after the invasion there was the tehran conference in 1943.

Like also spain and germany have good relations despite spain never being part of the axis powers 'officially' the spanish helped tons of ***** escape, in 1940, 1941 and 1942 sandbox you have spain hostile to germany, italy and japan/ they are hostile to spain. Eventually in all of my sandboxes (Saved games of 1940, 1941 and 1942) Germany declares war on spain.

Furthermore on the research I've done, sure Montenegro and serbia were nations in 1942 sandbox and in real life, however from what I could look up, they weren't really considered nations they were considered occupied by the axis powers, so they should either exist and be colonies of germany or italy or at war with Soviet Union, United Kingdom and the U.S. Also Yugoslavia should still have claims to the region as well as czechoslovakia. I can't/ couldnt reform them after I declared war on them (sadly also got a lot of hate from U.s., and soviet union as well as other nations for it).

Also Yugoslavia should still have claims to the region as well as czechoslovakia. I can't/ couldnt reform them after I declared war on them (sadly also got a lot of hate from U.s., and soviet union as well as other nations for it).
the only reason why i demand perfection or almost because I want the cold war scenario to start where maybe the soviet union has a good chunk of europe or the U.S. and british forces have all of germany under their controll instead of splitting it up because it was sort of evenly split almost or what if spain joined teh axis powers (it was an option hitler made plans but spain refused to join) though spain did offer extreme help
to the germans ( to escape, money, and other things)

I understand if you can't because you don't have the funds to correct it, but maybe after the next game comes out you use some of those funds to go back and fix supreme ruler ultimate/ 1936.
Last edited by bob12333 on May 24 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

After looking into it, since you are playing a sandbox that is the only objective. It was made to give the player the choice to enter the alliance or not.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Buzzbrad wrote:After looking into it, since you are playing a sandbox that is the only objective. It was made to give the player the choice to enter the alliance or not.

Oh okay, but IRREGARDLESS, Shouldn't the other events than fire though? OR NOT AND I If I still need to meet the conditions, than what are the conditions for the other events? If it helps to know I would of played the campaign but I would want to play England during 1942, 1943 or soviet Union 1942 or 1943, unfortuantely you only have the Soviet Union in campaign playable in the 1949 (cold war and United Kingdom 1940).
Last edited by bob12333 on May 24 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”