Does ai constructing buildings ?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Madman
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Does ai constructing buildings ?

Post by Madman »

does the ai construct building like land fabrication, military and industrial goods factoris ? it seems to me aı does not expand its productions capabilities..
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Does ai constructing buildings ?

Post by Kristijonas »

It does, but I've mostly only noticed bigger countries do that. I wish smaller countries would be able to grow too.
Khanousch
Corporal

Post by Khanousch »

Just had a 1942 sandbox game where East Indies became independent from from Netherlands and by 1947 the have 2/12/0/0, started with no military complexes. Why they have so much air production, I don't know, considering they don't have the tech to build any aircraft designs :lol: .
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

This raises an interesting point too. What are reasonable number of fabs for the AI to try to build and maintain? Obviously it should be tied to financial strength, both in the number of fabs they produce but also in the types of fabs they produce. Land fabs are something most nations of any considerable strength need to have, but air fabs should be a luxury where only the richer and more powerful nations should consider building them in significant numbers. I'll put some thought into this and see if I can think up any suggestions.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

It is also very sad for me to see small countries with 0 units and 0 units fabrication facilities. It's unrealistic too. There are countries that are small but have large armies like Vietnam, Israel, North Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Armenia, Jordan, Singapore, Kuwait, Belarus (depending on scenario, most of them have a fabrication or two but it's too little to represent their countries actual military strength and capabilities). Then again, while they do build some of their equipment themselves, most of what they have is bought. I wish big countries would sell more units to small countries. I think something was done so this would be happening but I think it's not working. I think countries simply sell units to their best ally perhaps? Or to the country that has best domestic approval or country with best UN approval? Either way, it led to one of my games being so that while most countries in the world were rather empty, Netherlands had 10,000 units. They couldn't keep them all in the barracks and they were crammed up inside their country in full stacks :D Obviously those units were sent to them by their allies. I just wish unit trading SPREADTH was better, as in, for example, every ally of UK, Russia, USA etc would get their share instead of just their most likeable one...
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Kristijonas wrote:It is also very sad for me to see small countries with 0 units and 0 units fabrication facilities. It's unrealistic too. There are countries that are small but have large armies like Vietnam, Israel, North Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Armenia, Jordan, Singapore, Kuwait, Belarus (depending on scenario, most of them have a fabrication or two but it's too little to represent their countries actual military strength and capabilities). Then again, while they do build some of their equipment themselves, most of what they have is bought. I wish big countries would sell more units to small countries. I think something was done so this would be happening but I think it's not working. I think countries simply sell units to their best ally perhaps? Or to the country that has best domestic approval or country with best UN approval? Either way, it led to one of my games being so that while most countries in the world were rather empty, Netherlands had 10,000 units. They couldn't keep them all in the barracks and they were crammed up inside their country in full stacks :D Obviously those units were sent to them by their allies. I just wish unit trading SPREADTH was better, as in, for example, every ally of UK, Russia, USA etc would get their share instead of just their most likeable one...
Yeah, agreed with the need for spread. It wouldn't even necessarily be that bad to focus on one until that nation got to the point where it didn't want what their allies were selling anymore, in which point the selling nations could go next down the list. My suggestions from the other thread feel like the best to me. It would still take a few years for every nation to have a full army, and anything over that amount (even when most of them were reserved to save on costs) and they couldn't find a buyer then they'd scrap them which would ensure better distribution, while also avoiding cases such as your 10k unit Netherlands, simply because the economy needed to sustain that would be.... Incredible. lol. The AI should never try to do that. At that point the dutch should have been actively shopping those units to other people, or scrapping a whole bejesus of them. lol.

I still need to put some more thought into limitations for fab construction as well as types of fabs for construction, but I'm gonna take more time to think that part through.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Yeah it's weird the dutch didn't sell or scrap the surplus. I wish I had checked what military maintenance they were paying for those 10,000 units :D But too lazy to look for the savegame file, it's somewhere in my google drive maybe. Unless BG would like it if it could help to fix it for the future?
Texan214
Corporal

Post by Texan214 »

400 hours in and I've seen them build twice. They hardly ever seem to repair conquered territory either, even with no supply or loyalty penalty.

I wish they'd fix this.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”