Start dates for Sandbox mode during cold war

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Tibau
Corporal
Human: Yes

Start dates for Sandbox mode during cold war

Post by Tibau »

I believe I'm not the only one when it comes to wanting to start in another date that isnt 1949, so I was thinking why doesn't the team make a starting date every start of a decade or every 5 years during cold war, because for example I'd like playing as Videla or Saddam but I don't want to start in 1949 to get to that date
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Start dates for Sandbox mode during cold war

Post by Kristijonas »

I doubt that'll be done. It's a hard work to create a scenario and copy-paste the world of an era. You have to research it well first.
However there's this mod of 1989 you might be interested in:
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 22#p179222
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Kristijonas is correct, you're talking a good 6 months of work for each starting date.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
CrowKing
Warrant Officer

Post by CrowKing »

Balthagor wrote:Kristijonas is correct, you're talking a good 6 months of work for each starting date.
So yo can add only one for examle 1970 start will be perfect
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

CrowKing wrote:
Balthagor wrote:Kristijonas is correct, you're talking a good 6 months of work for each starting date.
So yo can add only one for examle 1970 start will be perfect
I think it's extremely unlikely to happen. They just don't have the resources to devout to that kind of commitment. The only chance we'd have for that would be to find enough to qualify for a proper cold war expansion to bring in the capital needed for them to do that, but with the GW in the works, there's no chance of that happening anytime soon. Honestly, I think our best hope lies with the eventual editor which should open up a ton of new options for moders. Unfortunately it seems to have been pushed back as the new game has become a priority with their limited time for development. I continue to want it and am more than willing to pay for it, but I still don't expect it to happen for at least another 6 months if not longer.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”