Forcing peace...

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aquila
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Forcing peace...

Post by Aquila »

I had a break from SR:U and I forgot one thing... I'm sure there is a way to force peace between countries, because I'm sure I did it in my last game. It had something to do with switching countries somehow - you send peace treaty offer, switch somehow to the enemy country, accept it and then return to your old country. I know it's possible because I did it somehow when I was at war with Russia. But... I have completely no idea how I did it. I just forgot. And I can't find anything about it on google. Does anyone here know how to do it?

Ah! I recalled how I did it - through multiplayer!
Anthropoid
Colonel

Re: Forcing peace...

Post by Anthropoid »

Aquila wrote:I had a break from SR:U and I forgot one thing... I'm sure there is a way to force peace between countries, because I'm sure I did it in my last game. It had something to do with switching countries somehow - you send peace treaty offer, switch somehow to the enemy country, accept it and then return to your old country. I know it's possible because I did it somehow when I was at war with Russia. But... I have completely no idea how I did it. I just forgot. And I can't find anything about it on google. Does anyone here know how to do it?

Ah! I recalled how I did it - through multiplayer!
So . . . you load a singleplayer save game in multiplayer, make the changes you want/need, run forward in time a bit so that the changes kick in . . . save the game, reload in singleplayer?

If that actually works, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to figure out how to do it. But the process should be summarized and put in a Sticky Post:

"How To Solve Almost ANY Problem in an SRU Game" !!
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

:lol: Yup that's the way. It's alot of fun to roleplay anyway in multiplayer on your own.
Gameplay 1st
Aquila
Sergeant

Post by Aquila »

Anthropoid wrote:So . . . you load a singleplayer save game in multiplayer, make the changes you want/need, run forward in time a bit so that the changes kick in . . . save the game, reload in singleplayer?

If that actually works, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to figure out how to do it. But the process should be summarized and put in a Sticky Post:

"How To Solve Almost ANY Problem in an SRU Game" !!
When a neighbour declared war on me I just saved the game, moved the save to the multiplayer folder, loaded it in multiplayer, chose the attacker country as my own, loaded the save, immediately sent a peace offer to my original country (it was marked as red, "no way of accepting" but it doesn't matter ;) ), saved again and then quit. Then I created new multiplayer game, loaded the new save, chose my original country (the one I was playing from the beginning and which was attacked) and... accepted the peace offer I've just sent ;) And that's it! You made peace. I saved again, quit, moved the save to the singleplayer folder, loaded it again this time as singleplayer and continue playing. But it has one flaw - signing peace alone is not enough because after some time (sometimes it was just few days or weeks later) attacker DOWed me again. Maybe next time I'll also send the non aggression treaty the same way I sent a peace treaty and sign it with myself ;)
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Cool! I fiddled with it last night without success, but probably just navigating through the UI and making one wrong turn or something . . .

Aquila, at only 10 posts? I coulda swore I remembered an Aquila who was a long- long-time member on this board, no?
Aquila
Sergeant

Post by Aquila »

I registered this may, so I'm not a long time member ;) I'm also quite new to SR series, not only to this forum.
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Aquila wrote:I registered this may, so I'm not a long time member ;) I'm also quite new to SR series, not only to this forum.
Welcome! :P

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”