Trump Ideology Tech

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

samuel_1991
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Trump Ideology Tech

Post by samuel_1991 »

It is just my 2 cents.

Such that Trump Tower has long existed in the 70s, 80s, and thus Trump Ideology the tech itself is quite redundant.

It will be more interesting if researching Trump Ideology means a promotion of Cultural Points due to his nationalistic view as well as Law Enforcement due to his desire to keep illegals out during the campaign.

Given that majority of the West people do agree that Trump is authoritarian type, thus Trump Ideology should be done in a way that can is favorable for those dictatorship or communist countries, and even to some extent on those hybrid regimes.

Instead, I propose that there can be a tech that is meant for the leaders to understand the benefits of Capitalism (Thus some Africa countries, Middle East and certainly North Korea can research at the cost of decreased military approval rating) which can be used to improve economy.

This tech should be a prerequisite to build Business Sector, and certainly all countries should be able to build their own Tourism Attraction as well.

In both case, BG can consider the other factors (World Market Approval Rate, Education, Health, Infrastructure, Cultural, Law Enforcement, Supply Levels, Population Levels, Environmental) to determine whether these building works as expected or not.

For Example, North Korea did tried to have Special Economic Zone which is likely an idea from China in the 1978.
http://38north.org/2015/11/sez112315/

And North Korea did tried to boost Tourism:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/desti ... -tourists/

But obviously, due to low World Market Approval Rate right now, these efforts does not produce significant fruits.

But my point is BG should allow players to build their own economic and tourism zone.

For example, a tourism zone can be based on Environmental uniqueness (Maldives), or Cultural (Mecca, and many other places in the world where travelling is to broaden cultural knowledge), or Metropolis (New York City, Seoul, Tokyo, London, Paris etc.)

And a Business Sector would largely depend on Law Enforcement, Tax Rate, Education, World Market Approval Rating.

These are my suggestions though, hope it will materialize someday.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Trump Ideology Tech

Post by way2co0l »

I agree being able to build them would be nice, but it's kinda tough to think of a way to implement it in a reasonable way that wouldn't be terribly unbalanced and OP. For one, if they do make them buildable, there's almost no chance that the AI will be given the option so it will be a player only thing. And then what should the limitations be to prevent them from being too strong? I mean, I do agree it'd be nice and there are examples of nationalistic efforts to develop them but I just don't see how it can be reasonably balanced at this point considering it would be little more than a flavor improvement. As the player country you're able to improve your economy in a way that the AI can't match, and you can adjust spending in order to bring in massive immigration and tourism numbers so you can really just imagine that these things are being done in the background without having them displayed on the map. The player already has an advantage over the AI as it is. I'm not sure we need more OP buildings that they can't use to make us even stronger.
samuel_1991
Lieutenant

Re: Trump Ideology Tech

Post by samuel_1991 »

True. But yep, AI must be able to build these facilities as well using their free spot. I remember it was mentioned that AI being able to select a hex to build stuff was too complicated to implement. But I think it can be done by deciding the various factors (Oil, Uranium and Coal are strategic reserves), so AI will not build military complex in these hexes.

They would try to find a moderate supply level (50%) or above as a military complex so that units do not get stuck.

If possible, AI and Player should be allowed to reclaim their land as well, except those with sea oil.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”