Version 9.0.75 Update in BETA

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Version 9.0.75 Update in BETA

Post by George Geczy »

Happy Holidays!

Here's a present for our players - a new version of Supreme Ruler Ultimate... This release is currently in the "BETA" mode (to select BETA releases, right click on the game in your Steam Library and select Properties / BETAS, and opt in to "beta"; no code required).

A full change log will be posted shortly, but the major changes are:

- Resolving some crash situations caused by faulty game event files (some of these were in save games originally from older versions of SRU, and some were caused by a glitch in the Shattered World sandbox).

- Work on the relationship between World Volatility setting and Casus Belli. (In version 9.0.73 we used Volatility to effect CB when Volatility was set above "none", however that change has been minimized, especially at Volatility levels Medium or less. At above Medium, the effect on CB is also more complex and volatile now.)

- Some minor internal changes, and some support added for modding more additional units into the equipment file.

There are no content changes in this update, those will come soon (Hilary Clinton remains in 2020 for a limited time!) However, the "Trump" Sandboxes, including the 2017 start game, are now included in the core game. (The DLC is still needed to get the Trump Campaign.)

Please report any thoughts/issues you have with this update.

-- George / BattleGoat.
Anthropoid
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Version 9.0.75 Update in BETA

Post by Anthropoid »

So do you guys consider the unit pathing for merchant marines to be fully functional, working as designed and working as intended?

Limited time back with the game (didn't play it for a year or more), but my observations are: merchant marine units still do stupid stuff.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 45#p178260
Anthropoid wrote:Sept 1936. SRU 9.0.73 playing Germany 1936 campaign. No mods. No wars. I start hearing this gunfire . . . realize the Poles are sending ships (one ship at a time) up the Swina estuary, thence up the Oder past Stettin. They may have been doing this all along, I don't know (I only took some of my military out of reserve fairly recently and they started shooting at the interlopers) . . . nor do I have any idea why ( guess they are heading for Gliwice)
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

There were no changes to merchant marine with this version, although there were a lot of changes in the 9.0.73 version from August which made a number of improvements. However there are still a few more things to improve in this area, so I wouldn't say we're finished. 99% of the time things path very nicely. It's that 1% that gets a lot of notice.

-- George.
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

George Geczy wrote:There were no changes to merchant marine with this version, although there were a lot of changes in the 9.0.73 version from August which made a number of improvements. However there are still a few more things to improve in this area, so I wouldn't say we're finished. 99% of the time things path very nicely. It's that 1% that gets a lot of notice.

-- George.
Awesome, thanks!
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

are savegames affected by the update?
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Kristijonas wrote:are savegames affected by the update?
I launched a 73 save with the 75 update and didn't notice any immediate problems. One or two hours of play also revealed no problems.
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Apparently I have observed an issue I should report: excessive computer-opponent aggressiveness in Germany 1936 campaign.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 45#p178300

That post and the 3 or 4 following it provide details
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Kristijonas wrote:are savegames affected by the update?
Savegames should be fine - some of the changes (ie correcting for a bad setting in some Shattered World map data regarding the Turkish Straits) are automatically applied to save games when they get loaded.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Anthropoid wrote:Apparently I have observed an issue I should report: excessive computer-opponent aggressiveness in Germany 1936 campaign.
I posted the details in the other thread, but yes the Campaign defaults to "Medium" volatility, and that can cause a number of non-historical actions. Thinking about it now we probably should have reduced that to "Low" when we changed the volatility features last summer. The setting can still be adjusted in the .scenario files under the "relationseffect:" setting.

-- George.
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

George Geczy wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:Apparently I have observed an issue I should report: excessive computer-opponent aggressiveness in Germany 1936 campaign.
I posted the details in the other thread, but yes the Campaign defaults to "Medium" volatility, and that can cause a number of non-historical actions. Thinking about it now we probably should have reduced that to "Low" when we changed the volatility features last summer. The setting can still be adjusted in the .scenario files under the "relationseffect:" setting.

-- George.
Ah thanks! I'll reset that and get to play Campaign instead of sandbox :)

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”