Partisans should be fixed

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Alfamemnon
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Partisans should be fixed

Post by Alfamemnon »

Are new patches still being made for SR Ultimate? If they are, then I wish that the issue of partisans being a major annoyance forever to players who choose to annex, will be fixed someday or in an upcoming game for example with feature that owning some areas for several years will eventually make their population loyal to your country. Even in real life, it is realistic to assume no partisans/resistance fighters/guerrillas of most kind will be able to continue their struggle several tens of years without major agitation and support. For example, right after defeating Nazi Germany, Soviet Union suffered due to anti-communist partisan activity in certain republics but the last of them were defeated or gave up their battle in the fifties. I don't think they got any substantial support from anywhere. Exceptions: 1) Vietcong continued for two decades but they received major support and were a bit....fanatical. 2) Shining Path was established in 1960's but has no longer been very active since 1994.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Partisans should be fixed

Post by YoMomma »

Yes they still updating.

Partisans are no issue tho. Just need law enforcement 90%

Loyalty change is possible already i think. Just need very good social policies.
Gameplay 1st
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

YoMomma wrote: Partisans are no issue tho. Just need law enforcement 90%
We need more guerillas, more hard to destroy guerillas and ability for foreign powers to support them.
YoMomma wrote: Loyalty change is possible already i think. Just need very good social policies.
sadly, this is not true.
Please teach AI everything!
Alfamemnon
Warrant Officer

Post by Alfamemnon »

Zuikaku wrote:
YoMomma wrote: Partisans are no issue tho. Just need law enforcement 90%
We need more guerillas, more hard to destroy guerillas and ability for foreign powers to support them.
YoMomma wrote: Loyalty change is possible already i think. Just need very good social policies.
sadly, this is not true.
I agree with many of the comments here. Ability for countries to support partisans in another country should be added. It should impact on the partisans possibilities to operate and cause harm and also adversely affect the relations of countries if another country gets caught supporting the partisans. In some cases your reputation could suffer internationally if you get caught supporting those who are considered terrorists (in the same way than using nukes but maybe a bit less severely). If you choose to bolster partisans, there should be notifications that partisans are asking for more funding or more military goods etc. They could be helped by the usual way of having transport aircraft fly over them (airlift by paradrops).

Besides letting lots of time pass with either a repressive government or good social policies, another way to make people loyal to owners country could be to expel foreign populations but you would need a heavy cause for that if you wish to avoid deterioration of international relations....such as nobody blamed the Czechs for kicking out Sudetengermans in 1945.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

The biggest problem with Partisan mechanics is that sometimes the details that affect it are hard to remember or see (for example, the law enforcement setting, also the funding of regions to the opposition, etc). Maybe more messages could be helpful ("our intelligence service has determined that other countries are funding insurgents in our region"), but messages are always taken with some caution because they become spammy.

A combination of Law Enforcement and deploying garrisons to cities will "combat" your Partisan problem, so we decided against any game options to turn it off.
Alfamemnon
Warrant Officer

Post by Alfamemnon »

George Geczy wrote:The biggest problem with Partisan mechanics is that sometimes the details that affect it are hard to remember or see (for example, the law enforcement setting, also the funding of regions to the opposition, etc). Maybe more messages could be helpful ("our intelligence service has determined that other countries are funding insurgents in our region"), but messages are always taken with some caution because they become spammy.

A combination of Law Enforcement and deploying garrisons to cities will "combat" your Partisan problem, so we decided against any game options to turn it off.
Thank you, George, for your reply and for the tip of garrisons and law enforcement. I also endorse your suggestion that there could be messages notifying player about other countries supporting insurgents and the possibility of intelligence services exposing those countries supporting partisans and other enemies.

However there is still something that caught my attention. Some partisan conflicts, such as Malayan Emergency should probably be looked at by developers. Even as British, I detected no sign of trouble of any kind in Malaya after the alert message about Malayan Emergency even if law enforcement was mediocre. I could safely withdraw 100% of British military units from Malaya to where they really are needed. Also, those playing either Cold War campaign or Ultimate sandbox as Soviets and hoping to sabotage British Empire for their own agenda, are only wasting their money by funding insurgency and providing modern equipment because it seems Malayan communists are not a factor. No partisan units, guerrillas nor saboteurs appearing anywhere in Malaya. As of Ultimate version 9.0.73 the whole message alerting us about the start of Malayan Emergency is still nothing but hot air from what I have so far experienced though I am sure that in real life, the British were not laughing at all when it became clear to them what were they facing in that colony. They only won because Malaya did not border on any communist great power such as Soviet Union or China....and because they handled the crisis more wisely than Americans handled Vietnam War.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Does AI support insurgencies or opposition or it is unable to do that?
Please teach AI everything!
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Zuikaku wrote:Does AI support insurgencies or opposition or it is unable to do that?
My recollection is that the AI does do this.

-- George.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”