I've just lost my homeland, help me plan my next move

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

I've just lost my homeland, help me plan my next move

Post by Cdiplayer »

So here's the situation, I am playing the Divided States scenario as Colorado. At the height of my power I controlled the entire midwest and had just declared war on Mexico. Things were going well when suddenly, Texas attacked me and Mexico. Even though I had a bigger army, for some reason my troops completely melted away and Texas took Mexico and my capital in no time flat. I was only able to avoid total defeat by releasing some states to provide a buffer area between me and Texas and retreating with the remnants of my army to Milwaukee.
Here is the current situation. I am the blob that controls the northern states from Montana to Wisconsin.
My current plan is to ally with Canada and then fortify my position as much as possible while I build research facilities to offset all those that I lost to Texas.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: I've just lost my homeland, help me plan my next move

Post by GIJoe597 »

"Don't mess with Texas"
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Trading land for time is a good idea.

I'd make any allies I could (doubtful) and go on a massive tech trading spree. Even if I was getting the worst of the deals, there are a lot of states to trade with. Once you have amassed a giant pile of blueprints to trade, I'd start going with agreements up to unit line of sight - once you have that, you can buy already made units. Then trade all that tech and blueprints for an army to counter attack with.

Bonus is you make your neighbors weaker by buying all their units, so you can take them over easier later on.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Leafgreen wrote:Trading land for time is a good idea.

I'd make any allies I could (doubtful) and go on a massive tech trading spree. Even if I was getting the worst of the deals, there are a lot of states to trade with. Once you have amassed a giant pile of blueprints to trade, I'd start going with agreements up to unit line of sight - once you have that, you can buy already made units. Then trade all that tech and blueprints for an army to counter attack with.

Bonus is you make your neighbors weaker by buying all their units, so you can take them over easier later on.
So here's an update. Texas has conquered all of Central America and is now offering me peace. Do you guys think I should take that peace offer? My current plan is to build up, fortify, and wait for Texas to attack Argentina (which has united South America). Once they attack Argentina then I can swoop in and regain my homeland. I also don't have to worry about Argentina attacking me since they are my one and only ally right now.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

If making peace allows you time to become stronger, then yes. Consider it a "Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact".
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Well here's another update. I took the peace offer and then promptly reoccupied Wyoming, Nebraska, and Kansas. I then invaded and colonized Arkansas and Louisiana to gain an outlet to the sea so my ally Argentina could send troops. I also signed defense agreements with Illinois, Michigan, Washington, and Canada. Then, on February 28th 2031 Texas declared war on Argentina. One day later Trump lost an election in Texas and a new government took over that is friendly to me. One day later Tennessee declared war on Texas and offered me a formal alliance. I signed the alliance and am now mobilizing my forces to prepare to invade Texas. My current plan is to declare war in about a week, once most of the Texan army is in South America fighting Argentina.
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

I would still be trading all land blueprints I could for techs and other land units. Then the more lucrative air blueprints. Blueprints are what makes the shattered US go 'round. Need to bribe a state into a non aggression pact? 10 land or 2 plane blueprints. Want that tech that gives your infantry +5% defense and no cash? Trade blueprints. Tired of using M-60 tanks and somebody else has M1a4? Trade blueprints.

If you can get a sight treaty you can even trade for units from their reserve. Buy an army. =)

Argentina is a long way from Texas. Lot of merchant marines that might want to turn around and head home, right into a meatgrinder if you can grab the right land.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Leafgreen wrote:I would still be trading all land blueprints I could for techs and other land units. Then the more lucrative air blueprints. Blueprints are what makes the shattered US go 'round. Need to bribe a state into a non aggression pact? 10 land or 2 plane blueprints. Want that tech that gives your infantry +5% defense and no cash? Trade blueprints. Tired of using M-60 tanks and somebody else has M1a4? Trade blueprints.

If you can get a sight treaty you can even trade for units from their reserve. Buy an army. =)

Argentina is a long way from Texas. Lot of merchant marines that might want to turn around and head home, right into a meatgrinder if you can grab the right land.
Actually Argentina controls all of South America and Texas controls all of Central America so the war is basically going to be decided in Panama.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”