Economy help

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Terran1969
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Economy help

Post by Terran1969 »

Hi all in my current game i am UK its october 2032 and there are 3 major nations left USA which has all of the America's minus Greenland UK some UK overseas teratrys in the Carrabian and the Falklands amd some carribian islands.

Uk has everything from Greenland down to South Africa and from the Atlantic central Aisia with Japan the having all of Aisia up to the UK border Indonesia had most of ociana.

Anyway i am now having trouble with my economy and it dose not mater what i cut my deficit keeps rising but so dose my trade basically UK is Self surfisiant. What can i do about this iv cut as much as i can but can not cut anymore if i want to defend against Japan currently my economy is propped up by trade id like to get my deficit back to a surplus how do i do that currently because of the state of play in my game i have to maintain selfsurfisiancy and i dont want my approval rating to slop any more so spending needs to be maintained also any ideas out there?
Leafgreen
Colonel

Re: Economy help

Post by Leafgreen »

Cut back on the research, instead of researching everything just research a couple techs that you reallllly want?

Reduce military salaries if you have enough reserves already.

Reduce military production, or stop producing some of the very expensive items.

Stop some construction underway.

All bases and industries need upkeep. If you are building a lot of air defense, fortifications, those all demand upkeep.

Kill fusion/dark matter/ anti-matter power plants and replace with cheap cheap coal power plants. Upgrade consumer/military/industrial good factories to Advanced Goods factories.

Increase domestic prices for energy, consumer goods, etc.

Reduce social services. Just move the slider down to what you can spend, then raise infrastructure/law enforcement back up a little.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

Leafgreen wrote:.... Kill fusion/dark matter/ anti-matter power plants and replace with cheap cheap coal power plants. ....
in my view, coal power plants are 1 of the most expensive

greets
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Coal is definitely the cheapest, even when you add in coal mine cost. But some swear by Other, some by Cold Fusion, some by hamsters in wheels. Coal does produce a lot of pollution though.

Look at the annual upkeep cost vs electricity generated. And coal are the least expensive/fastest to build. The more high tech you get with power plants, the more expensive per megawatt and harder to build (using more goods/money/time).

Try this thread for a breakdown.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 033#p82446

or this wiki page

http://www.supremewiki.com/node/118
Last edited by Leafgreen on Oct 09 2016, edited 1 time in total.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

ok ... the calculation is based on Formula, (Output/Maint cost)? :roll: :lol: :D sorry

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 78&t=25497
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng
lorddrakenwode
Warrant Officer

Post by lorddrakenwode »

Look for areas with disproportionately high costs. I recall playing one game in SR2020 with the United States in which I played for several years, and while everything ran smoothly for awhile, suddenly my daily treasury gains took an abrupt dip, and I went from consistently over $10,000 M positive daily, to on the order of $10,000 M negative, in the space of a few months.

I went digging in my income screen, and found nothing out of the ordinary. I switched to my expenses screen, and my Research expenses had suddenly ballooned massively. Time to take a close look at those scientists! When I looked at the Research screen, I found that my DAILY tech level cost had gone to over $20,000 M, which I figured out appeared to be because my current tech level was decades ahead of the current date.

Though SRUltimate doesn't seem to have a tech level mechanism the same way SR2020 had, the theory holds: If you've seen a dramatic swing in your bottom line, there is highly likely to be something sticking out, either in dropping income, or rising expenses, that should jump off the page at you. If there's not, then your best bet is to just examine what you're getting, what you're spending, and what you're getting from your spending, and trimming costs in areas where you're not getting value for your expenditures. Common areas have already been cited - Military maintenance should be set to zero whenever possible, and salaries as well, if you have enough reserves. Look at converting your power grid to better power plants, because that cascades into so many other areas. Perhaps your research projects are costing too much? If so, reduce the number of research centers you're running, so you have fewer projects going at once. Cut Social Assistance spending.

There are many possibilities.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”