SRU Update and "Trump Rising" DLC

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: SRU Update and "Trump Rising" DLC

Post by Cdiplayer »

George Geczy wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:You guys should add Rojava! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rojava By the way, super excited for the DLC!
The modern maps now have Kurdistan as an independent region, and that includes both Syrian and Iraqi Kurd regions combined into one.
But Rojava is a completely separate entity that has sort of complex and at times adversarial relations with Iraqi Kurdistan. It would be more accurate I think to include them as a separate country.
xwerswoodx
Lieutenant

Post by xwerswoodx »

Here is a bug;

You can see here, social icons not working.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

xwerswoodx wrote:Here is a bug;

You can see here, social icons not working.
Whoah, I don't know what happened there. We didn't even work on that section ;) We'll get that fixed up shortly. Thanks for the report.
1. is Transnistria presently included in SRU?
We've looked at that in the past, though we didn't take another look this time around, so no it is not included. I'll keep it on our list to consider.
have you enabled the "refit to" option for units?
Unit Refits are not available.
Is merchant marine path issue fixed ?
Hope so. We fixed a number of merchant marine pathing issues.

-- George.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Just some feedback on the 2017 scenario:

-Kurdistan should be at war with Isil, imho they were the only ones kicking Isil ass before Russia helped Syria.

-Kurdistan has the lowest provocation against Isil from the whole world, besides Yemen and Iran.

-Units from Syria escape from Al Raqa barracks at start of game (while playing Isil), doesn't seem to be right, but maybe it is :) Guess nothing is wrong till 2017 huh?
I think an event got messed up tho, when i play as Netherlands i see the same units go to Isil and some transfer to Angola and Ethiopia i think.

-Isil should have some modern equipment, not that much but well they captured American equipment from Iraq. Syrian air force seem to be to strong. Some counter is needed i would say. On the other hand it is 2017.

-Isil start with 0 militairy personel and few weeks later 50k. I do not think this represents the threat of Isil. Kurdistan also starts with 0 personel. Strange thing in atlas it shows Isil and Kurdistan having no land fabricaction at start of the game, so i think some events are messed up.

-no starting wars when starting as Netherlands, so no middle east conflict.

-Isil kinda likes Netherlands, but guess relations are still in alpha..

-Syrian army is too strong. Way too many units. Maybe this could be represented with transfering some units to the free Syrian army and maybe Isil. This would mean another region tho, so yeah.

Oh yeah and if anyone, Netherlands should be orange :)

nvm i figured out why this mod came out, all applies to other scenario's.
Gameplay 1st
Aawish
Warrant Officer

Post by Aawish »

Plz fix some problems relating to Pakistan: Pakistan
1. No coal reserves in the country. Whereas there are huge reserves in Thar region (Sindh). Provide at least some coal hexes.
2. There are some oil reserves in the Khyber Pakhtun Khwa province. Actually it is the biggest oil producing province after Sindh.
3. Pakistan has some 90+ F16’s block A/B, C/D but in the game there are a few. Also it actually has 3 squadrons of JF-17’s but the game has only a few.
4. Make Imran Khan as the PM of Pakistan in 2020 scenarios.
5. RELATIONSHIPS: China ally (Green), Turkey ally (Green), Russia moderate (Yellow), India, Afghanistan, Bangldesh Enemies (Red). KSA,UAE,Qatar (Light Green),
6. Freedom struggle in Kashmir should be brought in the game.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

YoMomma wrote: guess relations are still in alpha..
Unfortunately country relations were ALWAYS off in SR series :( You would think it wouldn't be hard to at least get SOME reason into it, but most often it is just counter-intuitive.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =732955108

Too bad no fix yet for blonde Hillary :) Poor US soldiers. It's a game i guess haha. No wars but there will be no military left if she gets re elected :P
Gameplay 1st
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Please be so kind as to post the cease and desist letter when it arrives. :D
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

Is merchant marine path issue fixed ?
Hope so. We fixed a number of merchant marine pathing issues.

-- George.[/quote]

Hello George

Unfortunately France and UK is still sending merchant marines through USSR in cold war sandbox mode. I have not checked GC and 2020 scenarios. Do you think i should delete and re-install again ?
kkania
Lieutenant

Post by kkania »

I'm very happy to see development ongoing, and hope deeply that the free DLC is perhaps an indication that future updates might be sustained by that revenue stream. I'm still hoping for tools aiding large army and naval management and would happily pay for that. Thanks George/Goats!
samuel_1991
Lieutenant

Post by samuel_1991 »

Aawish wrote:Plz fix some problems relating to Pakistan: Pakistan
1. No coal reserves in the country. Whereas there are huge reserves in Thar region (Sindh). Provide at least some coal hexes.
2. There are some oil reserves in the Khyber Pakhtun Khwa province. Actually it is the biggest oil producing province after Sindh.
3. Pakistan has some 90+ F16’s block A/B, C/D but in the game there are a few. Also it actually has 3 squadrons of JF-17’s but the game has only a few.
4. Make Imran Khan as the PM of Pakistan in 2020 scenarios.
5. RELATIONSHIPS: China ally (Green), Turkey ally (Green), Russia moderate (Yellow), India, Afghanistan, Bangldesh Enemies (Red). KSA,UAE,Qatar (Light Green),
6. Freedom struggle in Kashmir should be brought in the game.
I think North Korea should be Yellow or Light Green due to how North Korea is crucial to help Pakistan's missile programs at first in the 1990s.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

This new dlc is great to see and very welcome

but what I think would be really good is some sand boxes starting after 1950 but before 2020 its such a big gap a 2000 or 1980 and 1990 start date would be alot of fun I think!
Danieldarnell95
Warrant Officer

Post by Danieldarnell95 »

what exactly is the trump tower supposed to do in the new dlc?
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

The Trump Wall is a defensive structure that can be garrisoned with troops. (additional protection)

The Trump Tower is a form of Business Center that can be built by the player - the long term benefit is to increase the GDP of region.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”