With apologies to Turks and Caicos

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

With apologies to Turks and Caicos

Post by George Geczy »

As we were doing QA for the update going out next week, I noticed an issue with the Turks and Caicos Islands, part of the Caribbean. Specifically, they appear to be missing.

Not sure how we lost them, and not sure why they're missing, but these islands (which should be about as large as some of the Bahamas to their west) are completely gone from the Supreme Ruler maps, and have been missing since the first release of Supreme Ruler 2020 eight years ago.

Interestingly, nobody has ever mentioned it that I can see. Possibly the 33,098 people living there are too polite to say anything. Or maybe they prefer to play Europa Universalis instead.

The islands do appear in our regional data files (the CVP file for the modders out there), but they have no on-map presence.

Also interesting is that at times we would make Turks and Caicos jokes in the studio, since a few years back a Canadian politician had actually suggested that Canada annex the islands so that Canada would have a warm place to go in the winter. (Yes, true story.)

It is too low on our priority list for us to put them back at this stage, so they will remain mysteriously missing.

-- George.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: With apologies to Turks and Caicos

Post by Kristijonas »

Haha thanks for sharing this, I've never actually even heard of these islands! So I guess that exaplains why I had missed them. Also good decision for not including them - let them stay playing EU :roll: btw Wiki says there are over 50,000 people there but maybe you use a different website statistics.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

also I believe Ascension Island is missing from some maps?

Don't know if this is a over sight or done on purpose?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Asc ... 14.3559158
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

sparky282 wrote:also I believe Ascension Island is missing from some maps?

Ascension Island is generally too small for inclusion, sorry to inform that bustling metropolis of 880 people (plus or minus) that live there. Ascension is not even 15 km wide, compared to the missing Turks and Caicos which is over 70 km wide.

-- George.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

George Geczy wrote:
sparky282 wrote:also I believe Ascension Island is missing from some maps?

Ascension Island is generally too small for inclusion, sorry to inform that bustling metropolis of 880 people (plus or minus) that live there. Ascension is not even 15 km wide, compared to the missing Turks and Caicos which is over 70 km wide.

-- George.
i see your point shame though its got quite a high strategic value

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”