Finally saw the AI make peace with the AI...

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

medic911
Major

Finally saw the AI make peace with the AI...

Post by medic911 »

Ive been helping france fight in vietnam for several years as the ROK, holding a defensive line halfway between DMZ and the capitol... they failed to push the enemy back north and i refused to waste my men to do it for them. So after over a year of stalemate, france signed a ceasefire. i dont recall ever seeing this. happened 3 years almost before the real life french surrender. good to see this working in the game.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Finally saw the AI make peace with the AI...

Post by Uriens »

It happens all the time in other scenarios like Shattered World. I actually had to set some nations relations to very low values to avoid cheasefire agreements in those cases.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by YoMomma »

I figured it would have negative sides, like war declarations without anything happening.

Still feel devs should play few hundred hrs SR2020 and then play few hundred hrs SRU. CB/relations system is totally screwed up.
Gameplay 1st
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

I saw an example where it actually worked out pretty realistically in the 2020 scenario. Iran declared war on Pakistan and pushed them out of Baluchistan. Then the Pakistani's counterattacked and pushed the Iranians out. Then the war settled into a stalemate for about a year and so the two sides agreed on a ceasefire.
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Post by JollyGoodBork »

It'd be great to know more about the mechanics of the diplomacy of this game. It's hard to figure out why they are doing stuff.

And that's not because they do things randomly.

I'd love to see a system where the player could actually understand why the AI's do certain actions...
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

JollyGoodBork wrote:It'd be great to know more about the mechanics of the diplomacy of this game. It's hard to figure out why they are doing stuff.

And that's not because they do things randomly.

I'd love to see a system where the player could actually understand why the AI's do certain actions...

+1
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

I believe they will do a ceasefire if there has been little or no combat for a period of time.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”