1956 Severe slowdown

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

plpge84
Sergeant
Human: Yes

1956 Severe slowdown

Post by plpge84 »

Dear All,

I need your help. I am trying to play a long game in the sandbox.
I have reached 1956 (with Italy, allied with Germany, Japan and Hungary, in war with a quite aggressive USA - now an aggregate of USA, Canada, Mexico and Guatemala - and a plenty of former British colonies, no mods) and suddenly everything became very very slow. I have read that Zuikaku solved the slowdown by giving away money, but in my game all the regions are financially stable (even more than "stable" sometimes).
Any idea?

Pietro
plpge84
Sergeant

Re: 1956 Severe slowdown

Post by plpge84 »

I forgot to include in the post my computer's specs:

CPU: Intel i7 860
RAM: 12 gb ddr3 (1333 mhz, if I remember well)
GPU: Geforce GTX 960 4gb.

...and probably these posts should be moved to the "troubles/issues" sector (sorry).
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Too much units i think. You should have killed more countries by now. Also USA prolly using alot of MM that takes up computer resources.

But i dont know. Your specs seem to be very good. I dont get further then 1-2 years before the games becomes unplayable with my specs.

Game just needs optimising. Sry.

what you could try is play my superpowers mod. Very fast and i can play much longer.
Gameplay 1st
plpge84
Sergeant

Post by plpge84 »

Actually there are a lot of units on the map (most of them "visible", as Germany and Japan are my allies and they have - together with me - annexed nearly all the Eurasia and the northern half of Africa as well as produced plenty of units).
I am however still wondering why the slowdown (so severe that it is actually impossible to play) occurred all of a sudden.
It is truly a pity!
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Sudden slowdowns often happen when AI goes for massive invasion overseas. In modern scenarios this often happens when South Korea tries to invade Japan for example. Lots of units, lots of complex pathfinding at once. If you keep playing it should eventually end although it's hard to tell when.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Yes, hes kinda right, i guess you could fix your issue by turning off fog of war, whatch the path of US MM, and just camp it with your fleet so you reduce number of units on the map. Not sure what this has to do with a game tho. Its just exploiting the dumb naval ai. For me its also not helping, in the end there are just too many confused aircraft on the map for me besides all the crappy units of the smaller nations.

You could also load your game in MP and delete units of other nations, again not sure what this has to do with a game, but i did this desperate move before.
Gameplay 1st
plpge84
Sergeant

Post by plpge84 »

Thank you. I will try (although it is quite difficult to do anything due to the slowdown) and let you know.
Aawish
Warrant Officer

Post by Aawish »

1.Disable fog of war.
2.Disable long ranges.
3.Lower graphics.
4.Disable 3D view.
5.Sent as many useless units as possible to reserves.
6.Try to eliminate a country with many active units.
7.Enable the option, Units eliminated when a country falls.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”