A few things I've noticed. HELP

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

JollyGoodBork
Captain
Human: Yes

A few things I've noticed. HELP

Post by JollyGoodBork »

Hello, I was a bit unsure about where to put this, so I put it here. It's a bit of an AAR, but more something that I want to discuss here.
You can read and watch the screenshots below.
http://pho.to/A2qbb

So I recently bought this game. I tested playing as Greece, in the Italy vs Greece scenario.
I though that, since I was new to this game, medium military difficulity was enough. Especially since I was facing Italy and Germany.
I pushed off the Italian forces just like in the real timeline. Except a lot faster. It was easy, really. Germany didn't declare war on me, but constantly entered my airspace with bombers. Those bombers were actually a pain in the ass, but I didn't declare war, because Germany. Duh.

Soon, all italian forces grouped in one hex, a military base next to Tirana.
Only a few units stepped out of the hex, to assault some of my mounted infantry who were racing by (although often having to stop due to lack of supply).

There was still heavy bombing from Italy but mainly Germany. Italy did NOT send in any reinforcements over the sea. At all.
They did not send their fleet to assist their colony. They did not even defend their sea, or ports. I could happily bomb their cities with my capital ships.
When I had killed all the units in albania, and caopured all military bases and cities, Albania surrendered. Not until then.

I allied myself with Yugoslavia. Which actually brings me to one problem with this game.
[_]OT Yugoslavia is a nation that will ally anyone. That is, unlike most other states. That won't ally you at all. No matter if you've already got all other treaties, great relations and are in the same sphere. Britain doesn't even want to ally France or Poland. The AI's don't ally each other. They might have mutual defence treaties, but there's no way to know that. At all. Doesn't really matter, since they won't join your wars at high volatility anyways. Regardlesss of how much CB you have, how much the hate the enemy etc. Annoying. They don't think strategically, and they do not realize who their enemies are. Ireland shouldn't just take an alliance offer from Luxembourg, that's uselesss for Ireland since they cannot even reach each other. Britain should definately ally France, that's even what they did in reality. It's the same thing with wars. So far, in every game I've played, Germany declares war on lithuania and Finland. Why? Because they dislike each other. That's the only reasons why wars are declared in this game. They don't attack countries that are useful. Like, small countries on their border. Or countries that are rich, or strategically important (like Norway). They should make friends with countries that either A) can help to defend them from their enemies or B) that are threatened by their enemies. But right now it's "HUR DUR FINLAN I ATAK U" and then comes nothing, no naval invasion or anything like that. "What, you declare wars on nations you want to fite". How about the AI moves it's forces to the borders of a nation before they declare war?

So anyways, I am allied with Yugoslavia. Using that, I tell those mounted infantry units I mentioned before, and send them to attack the italian port of Zara. They randomly stop here and there, but why I do not understand. Is there a symbol to show lack of supply?

I find that this is were all the german airplanes operate from, and my single mounted infantry unit forces them all to flee.
I then start to advance into italy. My lonely mounted infantry unit goes in. Captures two cities and run out of supply/fuel? No response. A second mounted infantry unit arrives. I take another city, and I fight off a completely lonely artillery unit. Then Italy surrenders.

And on that, the now independent italian colonies all still have the colony government type. Why?
Why cannot I turn the non-italian territories into colonies? I don't want to accept the loyalty penalties in the croatian french and slovenian territories that I have captured.
And on the topic of loyalty... why does czechoslovakia get a penalty in the czech areas? The territory that is loyal to "Bohemia-Moravia" (a german puppet state) is just as loyal to Czechoslovakia as to france or Germany. This results in that czechoslovakia is useless, because in all czech/slovak parts of the country, you get the same penalties as with any otherloyalty. You produce nothing, have low supply and you cannot recruit more than one garrison in most cities...

I have the save file and I can send it to you if you respond. The game is now great for Greece. I can now take the rightfully Greek dodacanese islands, and capture some oilrich former italian colonies. I have a lot of CB against Germany. But doesn't feel that fun. It feels as if the ai player was just a 3 year old that didn't know how to play and then gave up just because. I mean, almost ALL of Italy proper was under their control. I'm very curious to know what the AI considers when it surrenders.

Note though that I liked the way the division of Italy looked. But I've got an idea, maybe germany would take over the north, like in the real ww2. We could have a mechanism there where allies take over territory of fallen allies, if they border the ally/have the allies units in them, or are by sea separated from the invaders

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”