Unexpected Surrender

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

greekdim
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Unexpected Surrender

Post by greekdim »

Sandbox game, 1936 scenario, VH military, high volatility, no spheres of influence. I play as USSR. Germany has annexed France, Yugoslavia, Italy, Bulgaria, Poland and almost Denmark while is still in war with GB. I decided to declare war (100% casus belli). After some tough battles I managed to reach and occupy Berlin and suddenly they surrendered! With almost half Europe still in their possession! I have also a save just before I occupy Berlin and every time I repeat Berlin's occupation leads to surrender. Manchuoko changed 3 times its capital before they finally surrendered (I am also in war with japan with China allied). Why did they give up so easily? They still had a good number of units and a good MAR and DAR. Any possible explanation? Thank you.
Last edited by greekdim on Dec 20 2015, edited 1 time in total.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Re: Unexpected Surrender

Post by mattpilot »

Probably to fun-killing scripted events.

death to events!
greekdim
Warrant Officer

Post by greekdim »

Yeah I thought of that too. I tried to find out which event could be, looking at SR1936.csv file, without any luck. Does anyone know where this event could be so on the fall of Berlin Germany surrenders?
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Agreed, this is a fun-killer.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

I don't think this is an event thing... there are a lot of factors taken into account in an AI's surrender decision, and loss of capital is a big factor, though not the only factor.

if you'd like us to take a closer look, send a save game just before the surrender to support@battlegoat.com and I'll take a peek.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

I have noticed some countries surrender very quick while others only surrender when you take the last of their cities. The latter is usually with smaller, 10-20 city countries.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

I have noticed that countries often decide to surrender if their morale (military approval) drops too low. You will know what it reaches such point when enemy units start to surrender almost as soon as you engage them. It seems that AI determines it has no chance to defeat you with it's current state of the military and simply decides to surrender.
I'm mostly playing Shattered World scenario with custom settings to increase volatility and get wars all over the globe within year - yeah and a half. I've seen AI do some interesting things with DOW's as well. Like doing surprise attack on a country that is heavily engaged in fighting with another country(s) on the other side and then storm for their capital. Ever since I bought this ultimate edition I had quite a number of surprises by AI. One of the biggest is that AI actually can sign cheasefire. :-)
greekdim
Warrant Officer

Post by greekdim »

Sorry for my absence, I was unavailable during Christmas holidays.I sent the save as George suggested. I also believe that the reason is not just a triggering event but I also believe that one of the parameters that determine the surrender is erroneously "overpowered" or these parameters doesn't take in consideration the actual status , in my case, of Germany (new country area, new military capacity etc) .

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”