Supreme Ruler Ultimate Version 9.0.50 Beta on Steam

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Supreme Ruler Ultimate Version 9.0.50 Beta on Steam

Post by George Geczy »

This update should be available shortly on Steam as a Beta Update.

To enable Steam to push the Beta versions to your system, right click on the "Supreme Ruler Ultimate" listing in your Steam Library, click "Properties", and click on the BETAS tab. Select "Beta - Public Beta" to opt in to, and Steam will push this version.

The highlights of this version are significant changes to the AI diplomacy code and the economic model code, especially for long-term games. A great deal of improvements have been made for games that play from 1936 into the 1950's, and for AI actions when the maps are set to High Volatility, as well as AI code that handles alliances and "endless wars".

Changes in this version:

Version 9.0.50
  • In High volatility, more use of variability in AI decisions on alliances, wars
  • In increased volatility, more chance of AI attacks against protected (sphere ally) regions
  • Volatility increases movement of diplomatic relations and belli over time
  • Idle wars will improve relations and reduce belli over time
  • treatyintegrity and externalintegrity will gradually increase (dip difficulty related, civ appr too)
  • Belli is gained against largest army / largest build cap (2020 style, reduced)
  • wmapproval and subsidyrate gradually rise over time, based on civ approval
  • AI consider idle war in peace offers (prevent endless wars)
  • Ruler AI - "nosphere" game option expanded to more alliances / war calculations
  • Improvements to some random factors
  • Petrol, Electricity, and Finished goods production & use multipliers will gradually increase from SR1936 to SRCW/2020 values (10x and 20x) over 10 years
  • Node production will slowly increase/decrease if less/greater than world demand (not U)
  • Fixed bug preventing regions selling colony stocks to market (ie rubber) causing hoarding
  • Increased AI frequency of trade offers for goods with incoming trade source (ie colony)
  • AI regions will offer los/transit/mutualdef first before an alliance offer
  • More possibility for AI regions with smaller armies to declare war in "gang up" situation
  • Greater emphasis to ally / war with bordering regions
  • greater use of aistance (.scenario file) and playeraistance (.cvp file) for decisions
  • Clean up AI thread random number functions to new standard
  • Belli no longer has gradual decline on maps with AI stance above normal
  • If govt falls in AI region that is not part of superpower alliance, then major policy and relations shift (except if volatility is lowest)
  • Reported region-fall crash fixed, somehow. Original cause unknown.
  • AI regions-not-at-war issue with not researching units resolved
  • Minor UI fixes related to UN territory
  • Games will begin with a wider range of election dates starting 2 years out
  • US Election dates now progress when leader doesn't change
  • State Department democracy ETT now shows polls of inspected region properly
  • Considerable refactor/fixing of AI Region Enemy/Offer Peace code
  • Fixed issue where AI Regions would negotiate with colonies instead of parents

-- George.
Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Version 9.0.50 Beta on Steam

Post by Zuikaku »

This sounds great! :-)
Thank you!

P.S. Any unit database changes? So I know if I can use my old file with toned down engineers :D
Please teach AI everything!
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Anyone ever figure out why the USA (played by a human) will suddenly turn on full AI on/about 24 May 1944?
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Aragos wrote:Anyone ever figure out why the USA (played by a human) will suddenly turn on full AI on/about 24 May 1944?
I found your original bug report on that, but I don't think it's been tested specifically... sounds like it could be an event issue, I've marked it for further investigation when we fix up some events in the next update.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Thanks George. It was pretty predictable--nothing I could do from stop it from happening. That alone makes me think it is some hidden event somewhere in the code.
BlackSoulReaper
Warrant Officer

Post by BlackSoulReaper »

Looks like this beta is fixing a lot of issues that I had. Can't wait to try it later this evening.
Clean up AI thread random number functions to new standard
Does this mean that the game will use more processing threads for an overall faster game? General problem is the game will slow down when too many units are on... But even though the game is slowing down processor tends to be only at 30% Capacity. SO the game isn't using the processor to it's fullest potential (From what I can tell).
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Is this a very small update or am I missing something?! I have started the game and it was already updated to 9.0.50. It usually takes a few moments to update but now it started instantly...
BlackSoulReaper
Warrant Officer

Post by BlackSoulReaper »

Zuikaku wrote:Is this a very small update or am I missing something?! I have started the game and it was already updated to 9.0.50. It usually takes a few moments to update but now it started instantly...

Yeah I think it's pretty small, probably just txt alterations so the size won't be big but carries a large impact.
Last edited by BlackSoulReaper on Nov 02 2015, edited 1 time in total.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

BlackSoulReaper wrote:
Zuikaku wrote:Is this a very small update or am I missing something?! I have started the game and it was already updated to 9.0.50. It usually takes a few moments to update but now it started instantly...

Yeah I think it's pretty small, probably just txt alterations so they size won't be big but carries a big impact.

I do not have to edit unit database file again :D
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

"More possibility for AI regions with smaller armies to declare war in "gang up" situation"
Hehehe love it. Always wanted to see something like this!
xwerswoodx
Lieutenant

Post by xwerswoodx »

is it compatible for saved games?

Because there is "Petrol, Electricity, and Finished goods production & use multipliers will gradually increase from SR1936 to SRCW/2020 values (10x and 20x) over 10 years" factor, so I am not sure, I am at 1958 and is it ticked or not.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

BlackSoulReaper wrote:Does this mean that the game will use more processing threads for an overall faster game?
Not much in the way of performance improvements in this particular update, though there will be future work in this area.
Is this a very small update or am I missing something?!
This update was pretty much only code changes, so only the new EXE file. No database or event or cache changes as part of this update, which made it very very small.
is it compatible for saved games? Because there is "Petrol, Electricity, and Finished goods production & use multipliers will gradually increase from SR1936 to SRCW/2020 values (10x and 20x) over 10 years" factor, so I am not sure, I am at 1958 and is it ticked or not.
It is compatible for saved games, but some of the stuff like the multiplier increase and economy balancing happens while the game is running ... so, for example, if you've played a 1936 game to 1958, the adjustments will start to slowly happen going forward, but this will give you a much different 1958 economy than if you play a new game from 1936 onwards.

-- George.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

George Geczy wrote: [*] AI consider idle war in peace offers (prevent endless wars)
it run
[*] AI regions-not-at-war issue with not researching units resolved
-- George.
maybe not run
Con forza ed ardimento

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”