Update 9.0.50 changes...

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Update 9.0.50 changes...

Post by George Geczy »

The next update is currently going through some final checks, and will shortly be loaded up to the Beta build section on Steam.

As a preview, here are the significant areas of change:

- Greater use of "High Volatility" game setting to cause more unpredictable AI actions and relation drifts
- AI's will analyze for "endless wars" and will be more likely to offer/accept peace treaties to end them
- treaty integrity and other World values will gradually increase over time (barring other factors)
- Significant long-term economy improvements from 1936 games (Petrol, Electricity, and Finished goods production & use multipliers will gradually increase from SR1936 to SRCW/2020 values over 10 years)
- Resource production output will slowly increase/decrease if less/greater than world demand to better balance economies
- Fixed bug with regions not selling colony stocks to market (ie rubber) causing hoarding
- Increased AI frequency of trade offers for goods with incoming trade source (ie colony stocks)

There's still a few more things that are hoped for, but we would like to get this out soon.

-- George.
Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: Update 9.0.50 changes...

Post by Zuikaku »

Finally diplomac fixes!! :D [_]B

Any chance AI will also liberate and colonize instead of only annexing defeated regions?

Thanks for ending endless wars that is a major thing! :-)
Please teach AI everything!
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Awesome!!
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
xwerswoodx
Lieutenant

Post by xwerswoodx »

Did you add colonize button for annexed region?
Did you add connecting colonized countries as an one region?

Also there is a bug, when the computer losing war, they should give us money and peace treaty but they want money from us ??? :)

Also if we war with france, and when colony release (after france drop), colonized countries want to peace with us but want from us 1000m, 600m :)) But when they release they should love us because we help them for freedom.

I guess you can add colonize button for annexed region (for example Kurdistan in Turkey) and connecting regions as one country (Like, when italy colonize ethiopia, somaliland, eritrea and connect them as East Africa)

And maybe you can add change name section for colonized region too.

First two updates are important for me :) I don't think I want too hard things. Because when I annex yugoslavia, I can't colonize regions and when my economy goes worse, I have to liberate them and declare war to them to colonize it.

Also sometimes happen, when we win war against region and open annexing menu, region seems us and ask us What do you want for <our country name> and when we colonize there without reading, we colonize ourselves and change our name for example Turkish Turkey :)) And we can't colonize them because after annexing there is no section to colonize :)
BlackSoulReaper
Warrant Officer

Post by BlackSoulReaper »

All good changes. I wonder if any of it helps game stability/speed the longer you play it?

No need to release the patch if you are hoping for more stuff. I'm sure we will be willing to wait.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

George and I spoke yesterday and the "liberate as colony" was discussed. Timing doesn't seem right for this update, but will be high on my "ask" list for the next update.

:claps for George's hard efforts:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

To Georgie boy....

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

So in one of the QA tests I started running today I started a Global Crisis sandbox and put myself in Sweden doing nothing - I come back to it and it's three years later, and Pakistan has annexed India, and Poland has conquered Russia.

I'm not sure whether to be impressed or scared :o
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

George Geczy wrote:So in one of the QA tests I started running today I started a Global Crisis sandbox and put myself in Sweden doing nothing - I come back to it and it's three years later, and Pakistan has annexed India, and Poland has conquered Russia.

I'm not sure whether to be impressed or scared :o
Poland stronk! :D [_]B
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

ZEvans96 wrote:Poland stronk! :D [_]B
But as yet, not into space...
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Please fix the issue with amphibious units "dropping out" of merchant marines onto islands with no port.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

what about AI sends its merchant marines through USSR/RUSSIA or any other region ,where it does not have access right, instead of international borders?

Regards,

Burak
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

And what about AI still not researching units :evil:
Please teach AI everything!
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

burock82 wrote:what about AI sends its merchant marines through USSR/RUSSIA or any other region ,where it does not have access right, instead of international borders?
For this update there are not any changes to the merchant marine pathing, though that is a high priority for the next update.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Zuikaku wrote:And what about AI still not researching units :evil:
This too has been fixed. I think I blame it on a rogue random number routine. That happens more often than one would expect :-?

Now the question is whether they will research units TOO much. I think we'll need to leave that to community testing to decide.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”