SRU under Linux

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hullu Hevonen
General

SRU under Linux

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Hey!

I got a craving for some Supreme Ruler again, though one problem, I'm a Linux user now days. So I installed Wine and PlayOnLinux, installed windows version of steam. Finally downloaded the game. The game runs fairly well on Linux 'out of the box'-ish and I wanted to say Kudos to the devs for that! :)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
pirren
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: SRU under Linux

Post by pirren »

That's good news!
From Cuba with Love.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:I got a craving for some Supreme Ruler again, though one problem, I'm a Linux user now days. So I installed Wine and PlayOnLinux, installed windows version of steam. Finally downloaded the game. The game runs fairly well on Linux 'out of the box'-ish and I wanted to say Kudos to the devs for that! :)
Interesting.... are there any issues that you've noticed under linux, anything that's not working? Is Multiplayer working?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I tested the multiplayer last time in SR2020 when it didn't work. Both Wine and SR has come a long way since then. Single player is for me personally almost on par with Windows, though with a clock lag, meaning it jumps forwards instead of going smootly, with the overall speed being good and UI responisve. Everything else within single player seems to work, haven't gotten any crashes or graphics glitches. I tested sr2020 once on my then mini laptop under wine + linux where it actually had performed better than on it's windows os (forum thread probably somewhere in the archives).

For example while testing SR2020 back in the day I had to tweak the some graphics settings in wine etc. where as now it worked out of the box. Needs to be tested my imo :)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... ilit=Linux
Happy Linux user!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I couldn't get multiplayer to work, but Video driver fix option in the settings are are critical to get the SP to work :)
Happy Linux user!

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”