Some questions by a newbie

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

blackmamba
Corporal
Human: Yes

Some questions by a newbie

Post by blackmamba »

Hi!

First I would like to say to developers what an amazing game this is, the only one of this kind what I know.
Is it a guide somewhere or some useful post on how develop your country to have good economy?
And units deploying after I sent them to reserve, have I missed something there maybe :o

Thanks!
nicholas70
Lieutenant

Re: Some questions by a newbie

Post by nicholas70 »

There are several guides on the forums that address economy but no one guide will apply to all situations/countries. Generally you need to keep your economy balanced which can be somewhat involved. You need to have a good idea of what's making you money and why and what's costing you the most and why. Most countries in game rely most on trade income, so you'll need to find a way to maximize this source of income without allowing your GDP to rise relative to the rest of the worlds GDP. This isn't to say your GDP position in the world can't rise, but I generally wouldn't allow mine to go up more then 1 or 2 places per year on average. This also means that in same cases you actually need to allow your GDP to fall, and I've found at the start of some games this is required for the first few years of play. You also need to redefine your global ROE to disable the AIs control of your military.
blackmamba
Corporal

Post by blackmamba »

I have five warships stuck due end of fuel, how can I solve this?
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Send a transport to the same square where your warships are, this should refuel the warships. You can check the fuel status of you warships by selecting them and on LOWER LEFT corner of the screen, howering your mouse on them.
blackmamba
Corporal

Post by blackmamba »

Why I cant build "Oil - Gas Field" at petroleum locations in north Russia??
rangers456
Sergeant

Post by rangers456 »

blackmamba wrote:Why I cant build "Oil - Gas Field" at petroleum locations in north Russia??
You cannot do this because there is no supply in that area. try building roads and supply depots there.
"Do you know what a soldier is? He's the chap who makes it possible for civilized folk to despise war.”
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

rangers456 wrote:
blackmamba wrote:Why I cant build "Oil - Gas Field" at petroleum locations in north Russia??
You cannot do this because there is no supply in that area. try building roads and supply depots there.
Yep. You might want to start with an air field first. Some supply will start coming in, but you'll also be able to fly aircraft, etc. as needed too. Then build a bunch of supply depots.

DONT build a barracks--it absorbs supply.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”