Declaring war on every country and winning?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Declaring war on every country and winning?

Post by Cdiplayer »

Has anyone every tried this? I think it would be an interesting and very difficult challenge to pick a country, declare war on every nation in the world on day one, and then emerge victorious without ever agreeing to peace with anyone.
number47
General

Re: Declaring war on every country and winning?

Post by number47 »

Cdiplayer wrote:Has anyone every tried this? I think it would be an interesting and very difficult challenge to pick a country, declare war on every nation in the world on day one, and then emerge victorious without ever agreeing to peace with anyone.
It probably wouldn't be so difficult with US, SAR, UK, Japan or Australia or maybe even Brazil...though, it would be challenging :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Pardon, SAR?
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
number47
General

Post by number47 »

GIJoe597 wrote:Pardon, SAR?
|O , RSA* is the correct abbrevation :D

(*Republic of South Africa, in my native language it is called South African Republic so I got confused :roll: )
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Rog.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer

Post by Clubfoot55 »

I'd like a scenario where every country defaults at war with every other country. Mayhem ensues.
Jack16
Captain

Post by Jack16 »

number47 wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:Has anyone every tried this? I think it would be an interesting and very difficult challenge to pick a country, declare war on every nation in the world on day one, and then emerge victorious without ever agreeing to peace with anyone.
It probably wouldn't be so difficult with US, SAR, UK, Japan or Australia or maybe even Brazil...though, it would be challenging :D
What would be interesting would be to see how the AI would respond as the nation being at war against the whole world. Must try this out right now!
Clubfoot55 wrote:I'd like a scenario where every country defaults at war with every other country. Mayhem ensues.
This is actually something that I have tried before. I started a game in multiplayer, took pause immediately, declared war against all nations etc, then I restarted the save as a different nation and followed the path. I only did this with the major nations like China, Soviet, Germany, US, UK, France, Italy etc, I just did not have time to do the same thing with every nation (I think I did this in 1949 scenario). If a scenario could be placed in the world and you could play as any nation, but start right off at war against everyone, that would be very cool to see. Especially to see what the AI would come up with.

Now the only problem with such a scenario is lack of industrial and military goods, which would get empty for most nations after a few months, and the bigger nations a few years into the war. After that point there will be lack of progress and pretty much boring. Now if you implement the system that I changed in the files (unlimited industrial and military goods) then every nation can fight for unlimited time, and maybe even invest in building many military bases.

These kind of scenarios could be really cool, and with different options like only superpowers making war against everyone, or making teams like every blue versus red etc would really offer much more to the game. A different, but epic approach to a world of chaos.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

would be fairly easy to mod. Just have to change the file with the treaties, et al, in it.
Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer

Post by Clubfoot55 »

Jack16 wrote:
number47 wrote:
What would be interesting would be to see how the AI would respond as the nation being at war against the whole world. Must try this out right now!
Clubfoot55 wrote:I'd like a scenario where every country defaults at war with every other country. Mayhem ensues.
This is actually something that I have tried before. I started a game in multiplayer, took pause immediately, declared war against all nations etc, then I restarted the save as a different nation and followed the path. I only did this with the major nations like China, Soviet, Germany, US, UK, France, Italy etc, I just did not have time to do the same thing with every nation (I think I did this in 1949 scenario). If a scenario could be placed in the world and you could play as any nation, but start right off at war against everyone, that would be very cool to see. Especially to see what the AI would come up with.

Now the only problem with such a scenario is lack of industrial and military goods, which would get empty for most nations after a few months, and the bigger nations a few years into the war. After that point there will be lack of progress and pretty much boring. Now if you implement the system that I changed in the files (unlimited industrial and military goods) then every nation can fight for unlimited time, and maybe even invest in building many military bases.

These kind of scenarios could be really cool, and with different options like only superpowers making war against everyone, or making teams like every blue versus red etc would really offer much more to the game. A different, but epic approach to a world of chaos.
I did that on 2020 as the USA and ran short on supplies after a longer time than I expected. I had taken Europe, the Americas, and most of Asia before I started to run low on oil.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”