Aggressive AI and other musings

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Aggressive AI and other musings

Post by YoMomma »

this issue was abt MM, ill post it there.

Another issue is MG. I play in MP solo.. Some AI regions sell MG till they have arround 20k-35k stock. I read about AI needing big MG stock for war, so this doesnt help.

Example in my mod FEB2 2022:
China 35k MG
Russia 473K
Brazil 90k
Venezuela 60k
EU 428K
Israel 11K
Arab League 89K
African Union 66K
India 2k
Japan 119k
Australia 124K
US 15M

Everyone can produce more then they need but sells to WM and US it seems. No wars right now, some countries without debt but US have 1.6 trillion. Started without debt. In green bars of MG stock.. US half the green bar and rest 0-3 green bars.
Gameplay 1st
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

George <3 Thanks for taking a look into this
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

Infamousjoe wrote:.... Conceptually this is my favorite game of all time but unfortunately 30+ hours of play can leave you with a somewhat empty feeling as the AI does not seem to act in a way that causes you to become immersed in the world.

Therefore here are a few recommendations which I believe would drastically improve game play.
1. More action - Cause the AI to gang up on the player or any nation which is starting wars with a low Treaty Integrity (which should be caused by DOW w/lack of CB). The real world does not tolerate mad men as can be seen throughout history, though in some cases the madman is powerful enough to cause some to hesitate.
2. End endless wars- Cause DAR to decrease with every passing year of an ongoing war (both Player and AI) and cause the AI to have a min DAR before it begins to seek peace and a lower level where the AI aggressively seeks peace. This would emulate real life where long wars begin to lose public support. There are not many modern wars which have lasted more than 10+ years.
3. More Espionage Options - Add the ability for your spy sabotage mission to frame another nation causing CB between those nations if successful. This would allow you instigate proxy wars you want to fight in. Lots of real world examples.
4. Open Proxy Wars- Add a diplomatic option were you can request a country to DOW another country in exchange for money, materials or treaties with perhaps a min CB requirement . This would allow you to start proxy wars. Lots of real world examples
5. More Chaos – Make increased hot relations increase the negative relations while having no effect on the positive relations.
Though there other changes I would love to see these are the top. I freely admit I have no programing experience and therefore have no idea the difficulty involved. ....

+1
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

ricey wrote:
Juergen wrote:A more challenging AI is,in principle, a good idea.
Having the AI "ganging up" up on a human player because hes human is a bit of a hack of course. But the goal is of course to have an enjoyable and challenging game. Being allowed to turtle forever without any competition isnt very intersting.

And unless Im overlooking a different option taking land away from the players is the only direct way to offer competition :-? .
Any plans to bring embargos back ?
Can the AI use spys, fund insurgencies effectively ?

Different levels of aggressiveness would be ideal:
Level 1 ) Being uncooperative, but neutral
2 ) Supporting the players enemies (selling vehicles, tech)
3) Actively defending the players enemies AKA "proxy wars"
4) Directly fighting the player with conventional means
5) Assisting said attacks with occasional nuke strikes
6) The big red button (especially now that everyone has it)

What I dont quite understand yet in how far this aggressive behaviour is "worked into the map" or a lobby option.
If it can be simple switched off completely there is no argument against it.
+1
+1
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

Cdiplayer wrote:I would say that AI should be changed for Global Crisis and Shattered World. Bring back the whole "gang up on the human player" thing and make the AI more focused on world domination, that way the player has some competition. I think the World 2020 map and the other historical maps should largely be left as is though, for players who want a more realistic experience.

+1
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

Zuikaku wrote:Endless wars are serious issue. I see some of the players prefers it that way. some even try to explain that if wars are not endless and Ai is more prone of making peace, that could be exploited by players. I have the problem to take "hey, that can be exploited" as a valid argument. Just in case you didn't noticed - everything can be exploited by the player, so maybe we better all uninstall the game to avoid this :roll: And endless wars can be exploited too. Look at the shape of the AI regions that are fighting endless wars. Stripped of units, stripped of resources, stripped of cash - an easy prey for any player who want to exploit the situation and even easy prey for other AI rulers. There is no single historical or gameplay argument not to correct AI obsession with endless wars in this game! Endless wars are game killers!

possible solutions:

- AI should refrain itself from declaring wars on non-neighbouring regions or overseas regions.

- AI should refrain itself from declaring "stupid wars" (Chile declares war on Italy)

- AI should be less prone to make multiple and conflicting alliances (alllied with Germany, UK, France and USSR at the same time), but it should be more prone to honour alliances it make.

- at any time there should be a random chance that AI regions will make peace. these random checks should be done every month.

- AI regions should more often offer peace, especially when losing territory badly, when low in units, low in cash or low in resources.

- low DAR should increase AIs willingness to offer or accept peace.

- AI ruler without allies should be more prone to make peace

- small AI regions or AI regions fighting multiple regions or more powerfull regions should offer peace more often and bee more interested in making peace.
+++1

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”