Supreme Ruler Ultimate Version 9.0.39 BETA Release

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mrevilpb
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Version 9.0.39 BETA Release

Post by mrevilpb »

Nice features!
Good job :-)
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

Hello Devs

I drank a little bit whiskey so first please tell me i dont see any dream :) because in one of my dreams , it happened in one of the days that i played SRU for entire day, you were updating all the points that i wanted :D

anyway my question is that what about neutral pathing problem? will AI stop send the units through the places where it does not have access right? For example France and UK through USSR in cold war scenario, Syria through Turkey in 2020 scenarios etc.

Spacial thanks for these changes.

Thanks and regards,

Burak
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

burock82 wrote:anyway my question is that what about neutral pathing problem? will AI stop send the units through the places where it does not have access right? For example France and UK through USSR in cold war scenario, Syria through Turkey in 2020 scenarios etc.
k
This usually only happens with Merchant Marine in specific situations, and occasionally with air units. Do you have an example save game where it is a serious issue with the AI regions?
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

George, and what with hundreds of units that tend to stuck in no supply hexes forever? AI is really having problem with this, especially Italian AI in Africa and German in USSR. And immense number of stucked units is virtually depleting AI resources.

Do you need a save?
Please teach AI everything!
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

George Geczy wrote:
burock82 wrote:anyway my question is that what about neutral pathing problem? will AI stop send the units through the places where it does not have access right? For example France and UK through USSR in cold war scenario, Syria through Turkey in 2020 scenarios etc.
k
This usually only happens with Merchant Marine in specific situations, and occasionally with air units. Do you have an example save game where it is a serious issue with the AI regions?

Hello George

I will check the save files but in one game i selected the USSR in cold war sandbox mode and France , UK was trying to send troops to Vietnam through USSR and Ships were destroyed by submarines when they entered to USSR sea zone. It has been the same even if i choose the Turkey or other country. In 2020 GC I am playing as Turkey and Greece sends units through Turkey sea zones again and Diplomatic merchant marine is not checked. where can i send this 2020 file ?
IHateThinkingUpNames
Warrant Officer

Post by IHateThinkingUpNames »

burock82 wrote:I will check the save files but in one game i selected the USSR in cold war sandbox mode and France , UK was trying to send troops to Vietnam through USSR and Ships were destroyed by submarines when they entered to USSR sea zone. It has been the same even if i choose the Turkey or other country. In 2020 GC I am playing as Turkey and Greece sends units through Turkey sea zones again and Diplomatic merchant marine is not checked. where can i send this 2020 file ?
It would be great if this (Allies trying to path through USSR) was to be fixed!

They seem to attempt to reach Vietnam via Russia (travelling down a series of rivers) before eventually turning back around and presumably going to correct way.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

I don't have a save to confirm though I believe burock82 does and I can corroborate it. For the Vietnam war for sure, (though I presume other scenarios are possible), Britain and France send their forces through Leningrad pretty deep along those chains of rivers and while most will either be destroyed, out of those that survive most will either turn back, but a very few will emerge into the Black Sea on their way into the Mediterranean and beyond. They take one hell of a beating when attempting this route and severely impacts their ability to fight in Vietnam.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

way2co0l wrote:I don't have a save to confirm though I believe burock82 does and I can corroborate it. For the Vietnam war for sure, (though I presume other scenarios are possible), Britain and France send their forces through Leningrad pretty deep along those chains of rivers and while most will either be destroyed, out of those that survive most will either turn back, but a very few will emerge into the Black Sea on their way into the Mediterranean and beyond. They take one hell of a beating when attempting this route and severely impacts their ability to fight in Vietnam.
Ah yes, there are often issues with the AI finding the right path to merchant marine to Vietnam. There have been fixes in that area, but sometimes the AI still gets confused, apparently. (At least it's not nearly as often as it used to be!)

So the issue here isn't exactly one of Neutral pathing as such, it's more one of lost units. Correctly pathed, they wouldn't put themselves into that situation. (There are some exceptions, such as being at war with Suez or Panama or Singapore, they may path through those straits anyways, but there's a war condition involved there.)
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Yeah. In my last cold war game when I played Russia (which admittedly several months ago) I ended up tracking the route they were trying to take and moving all my forces away from that path in order to let them go through uncontested. Even still less than half of them actually went all the way through with the other half turning back about half way through most of the time. It could be very annoying when looking for cold war immersion. I never really considered it a big deal though as I never really saw it again once the Vietnam war ended. The bigger concern to me was that if North Vietnam won, France would continue to send its forces to get slaughtered forever as they were incapable of making peace with the victorious North which resulted in a problem that continued much further into my game and weakened Europe as a whole.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

George Geczy wrote:
way2co0l wrote:I don't have a save to confirm though I believe burock82 does and I can corroborate it. For the Vietnam war for sure, (though I presume other scenarios are possible), Britain and France send their forces through Leningrad pretty deep along those chains of rivers and while most will either be destroyed, out of those that survive most will either turn back, but a very few will emerge into the Black Sea on their way into the Mediterranean and beyond. They take one hell of a beating when attempting this route and severely impacts their ability to fight in Vietnam.
Ah yes, there are often issues with the AI finding the right path to merchant marine to Vietnam. There have been fixes in that area, but sometimes the AI still gets confused, apparently. (At least it's not nearly as often as it used to be!)

So the issue here isn't exactly one of Neutral pathing as such, it's more one of lost units. Correctly pathed, they wouldn't put themselves into that situation. (There are some exceptions, such as being at war with Suez or Panama or Singapore, they may path through those straits anyways, but there's a war condition involved there.)
I just made a test run with new update and France is still sending units through Russia. :( I have save file i can send it if you want.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

burock82 wrote:I just made a test run with new update and France is still sending units through Russia. :( I have save file i can send it if you want.
Wouldn't hurt, if you could email it to support@battlegoat.com

Thanks

-- George.
SirBacon
Corporal

Post by SirBacon »

Why does it say "The cold war has gone hot" when i fire nukes in a WW2 game or a Modern game ? is this a bug since basically because all games are together?
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

SirBacon wrote:Why does it say "The cold war has gone hot" when i fire nukes in a WW2 game or a Modern game ? is this a bug since basically because all games are together?
I find it a nice touch even in modern wars. Arguably all hot wars happen after cold wars. Hot wars don't 'just happen' without previous cold animosity.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

George Geczy wrote:
burock82 wrote:I just made a test run with new update and France is still sending units through Russia. :( I have save file i can send it if you want.

Thanks

-- George.
Hello George

I sent the save file have you had chance to check ?

Regards,

Burak
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

burock82 wrote:
George Geczy wrote:

Thanks

-- George.
Hello George

I sent the save file have you had chance to check ?

Regards,

Burak

Still no news?

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”