Please explain eras

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Please explain eras

Post by mfisher12 »

I've been gone for a while, doing other things, and came back to try out the latest update for SRULtimate.

Naturally, I was puzzled when my pre-1936 research as the US got to a certain point and just stopped. So I went researching and discovered this concept of "era techs".

Ok, I get it. I would disagree that it was the best way to handle the question but it's not going to change now. So I need more information on the definition of eras, whether they're marked by specific, fixed dates and whether they are the same for all countries in a game.

In one post, I found a reference to "era 4", hinting that it was in the future (2020ish?), which raised another question - how many eras are there?

I did use search, both here and in Google. I found a few things that gave hints but no very specific information. Does anyone know exactly how many eras there are and what their start/end dates are?
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Please explain eras

Post by Fistalis »

AfAIK eras are just divisions in the tech tree, One must research the Needed Era Tech in order to progress to the next era. As far as how many "eras" there are.. if your speaking of the tech system its likely many due to many era techs. However as far as cities changing looks etc i think there are 3 or 4.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

Thanks for the reply, Fistalis.

What are the approximate divisions, date-wise? I started a 1936 game as the US, and after I researched the starting techs I didn't see any more available by the time I got to 1938 and decided to switch to a different game in 1949. I was expecting to see the next era break at about 1940 or 1941 but I didn't get that far before I got impatient :)
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Automated Assembly Lines is an Era tech, iirc. The first one you hit in the 36 campaign.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”