GUI Too Big

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

KesslerK09
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

GUI Too Big

Post by KesslerK09 »

I purchased the ultimate addition the day it came out, but haven't played it yet because I like to wait for games to be all patched up. The problem I'm having is only a cosmetic issue. The GUI elements are far too big for my liking. In Cold war every thing was nice and small. In the Supreme version I feel like the GUI elements take up half my screen. Is there a way to make them smaller(besides minimizing each box)? If not, has anyone made a GUI mod for this game yet?

I know this is a small complaint, but it has been turning me off from playing the newer version for quite some time now.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: GUI Too Big

Post by way2co0l »

What resolution are you playing on?
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Post by KesslerK09 »

1920x1080
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

KesslerK09 wrote:1920x1080
4K m8
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Post by KesslerK09 »

I'm not really a big fan of 4k monitors. I really whish there was an option to change the size of these menus. It wouldn't even necessarily be a problem if they didn't overload the left side of the screen with all the GUI elements.
Undecided
Warrant Officer

Post by Undecided »

Yeah, I've noticed too that the GUI is pretty inefficient... there are lots of decorative excess that doesn't really need to be there, like the screws, vents, speaker holes, earphone and microphone plugs, hinges, etc. I think you could reduce the panel sizes by a good 10-20% just by cutting away the decorative excess, without even touching font styles or re-arranging stuff for efficient density. I'd love to see an alternative GUI that's more minimalistic, but I'm no good at working with graphics.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We evaluated the screen size based on the most populated panel in each area based on the updated fonts. Previous titles users complained that the UI being to small which simply proves we'll never please everyone. Also, without the extra bits (called widgets) users complain that the UI isn't graphically pleasing enough.

The UI was optimized for 1080P.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Post by KesslerK09 »

I guess I will just have to bite the bullet on this one and hope that some day, someone will make a gui mod.

@Balthagor: Perhaps the next game you release have an option to select for a more simplistic GUI like you had in Cold War. I understand people wanting a graphically pleasing game, but I don't believe this game hinges on the graphics. I play this game because it is hands down the best geo-political game I have ever played.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Glad you enjoy it, suggestion noted.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”