new market for the game/ expanchion

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

crackshot519
Corporal
Human: Yes

new market for the game/ expanchion

Post by crackshot519 »

world 2050, with updated population like India with 1.6 plus billion people and 2 modes same 2020maps with less oil and coal resources bigger deserts/ arid areas and of coarse getting into climate change, china said this or last month (april 2015) that their ghg will level off in 2030 so china using usa level of power consumption and all dams that could be dammed have been dammed same as india bring back water and if a thermal PowerStation is built on sea side then it can desalinate water very high unemployment because everything from lawyers to farmers, truck drivers, society will have to change even people repairing robots will be computer mechanics it would have to be planned economy everything will be done for you
artificial intelligence is not hard all you need to figure out is how to identify (google identifying pictures a big part of it) then open an index of ways to solve the identified problem and pick the most efficient and economic way to solve the problem with the tools at its disposal it all depends on programing a computer to identify to identify shapes by seeing in 2d witch can be done by color change and the lines by brightness and darkness/ shadows, and the grill or rim on a white wall or black tire focus for depth
crackshot519
Corporal

Re: new market for the game/ expanchion

Post by crackshot519 »

if you tell a computer to draw a picture from a list of shapes, colors and shades then it can identify it try to be like an artist an artist can't draw what he does not know looks like
Atraphoenix
Lieutenant

Post by Atraphoenix »

Why not WW I on 1910?
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

They aren't going to make a new one, but I like the idea of 2050. It opens up new possibilities because it allows scenarios like food shortages from over population and pollution, as well as water shortages if it were to be put back in.
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

While they've pretty much said "Ultimate" will be the last one ... I totally would be okay with a WW1 version of the game ... SR'1910 or something.

They can just keep making these ... going a little further back in time each version. (While making the long term experience of the game better and better)
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Rhaycen wrote:While they've pretty much said "Ultimate" will be the last one ... I totally would be okay with a WW1 version of the game ... SR'1910 or something.

They can just keep making these ... going a little further back in time each version. (While making the long term experience of the game better and better)
SR: Civil war

:o

that would make to SR:CWs
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Cutlass
Major

Post by Cutlass »

IMHO the way to go is Supreme Ruler: Galactic Conquest. :-) Why limit yourself to just one measly little planet when you could overrun an entire galaxy? You would face everything from a total cakewalk against a bunch of primitives armed with stone knives and spears to grueling battles against opposing star empires equipped with all the stuff a Trekkie would drool over. Conversely if you're a total glutton for punishment you could start as one of the primitive planets pitting your tribe with stone knives and spears against all the other tribes and nascent civilizations to conquer your planet and then go on to colonize the galaxy.
Proud member of the Spherical World Association. An organization dedicated to encouraging game designers to create state of the art strategy games in which the actual shape of the world is used.
Sigma
Sergeant

Post by Sigma »

They should make Ultimate into a solid, finished game first prior to making another game, there is still much to do with Ultimate. Performance optimization, and some bug fixes come to mind. It will probably take a while since there's only 2 or 3 people working on the game (I think?).

However after all that is done though an DLC-expansion that would add tech, units, and scenarios from 1900-1925 and 2050-2100 would complete the game. A WW1 and Interbellum and post-WW3 scenario would be great.

As for the future, I like the idea of a space themed Supreme Ruler. Rather than being interstellar to galactic scale and making it into a 4X game, a game based on SR's mechanics that takes place in just our Solar System would be nice.
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Sigma wrote:They should make Ultimate into a solid, finished game first prior to making another game, there is still much to do with Ultimate. Performance optimization, and some bug fixes come to mind. It will probably take a while since there's only 2 or 3 people working on the game (I think?).

However after all that is done though an DLC-expansion that would add tech, units, and scenarios from 1900-1925 and 2050-2100 would complete the game. A WW1 and Interbellum and post-WW3 scenario would be great.

As for the future, I like the idea of a space themed Supreme Ruler. Rather than being interstellar to galactic scale and making it into a 4X game, a game based on SR's mechanics that takes place in just our Solar System would be nice.
Doubt they will ever finish Ultimate, I don't think it will ever be complete until they add water as a resource, and they said they don't want to do that. :/
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
KirinFrost
Warrant Officer

Post by KirinFrost »

I really want the idea of water being added back like ater said :(

It just seems very weird without water, since you basically use it for everything, agriculture, consumer goods, rubber, etc.
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

KirinFrost wrote:I really want the idea of water being added back like ater said :(

It just seems very weird without water, since you basically use it for everything, agriculture, consumer goods, rubber, etc.
Yea, I feel like it would be a complete game with it. It is used in just about every facility, would be interesting as demand grows... If I remember, didn't they have water in 2020? Couldn't they just reuse the map and stuff for Ultimate(I don't know how modding or making a game works so I doubt this is possible or easy). Either way, I know that if they would put the time into it, the outcome would be great.
Last edited by Ater on Apr 19 2015, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

"finished" is a relative term. Achieving 100% satisfaction of 100% of users will never happen.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Balthagor, are there plans to release more modding tools at some point, so that the fans of the game can continue on improving it after the developer team had decided to stop supporting the game?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not sure, I haven't been in the office much lately.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Kristijonas wrote:Balthagor, are there plans to release more modding tools at some point, so that the fans of the game can continue on improving it after the developer team had decided to stop supporting the game?
This would be the most amazing thing you guys could do. Releasing modding tools would make me eternally grateful.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”