10 billion treasury treshhold, Do not pass it!

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

BlackEagle
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: 10 billion treasury treshhold, Do not pass it!

Post by BlackEagle »

Not even one developer answered anything in this topic... amazing!
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

just started a modern world map as korea with the beta patch in... by april, the difference between 8B adn 15B in treasury is between 50-75B in annual costs... the difference between 10.1 and 10.6 put my expenses from 336,300m to 339,000--three billion in annual expense for ever half billion above 10B!

my gdpc even slightly decreased and inflation/unemployment are both 4.4. what gives?
nicholas70
Lieutenant

Post by nicholas70 »

So the penalty is still present? Oh well, I'll just keep doing what I had been previously to deal with it which is use my colonies as money dumps.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

There are some treasury thresholds (some of which vary by the size of the economy, some of which don't) that affect certain minister actions. For example, with more money the minister may add to some of the social or other spending, increase military or research spending, pay down debts, etc. When treasury gets lower the opposite kicks in, certain minister actions take place to reduce expenses.

You may be able to reduce some of the effect you're seeing by using Minister priorities or locking the minister out of certain areas.

-- George.
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

I always lock the minister out of everything to do with $ except taking out loans, and the only debt paid off has been manually so far in this game.

the social services costs are the ones going up, but not because the AI moves the sliders or anything, it just randomly starts to balloon in cost, not reletive to GDP or anything, only the size of the treasury. instantly (next turn wise) upon spending to below that point, the costs return to normal.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

medic911 wrote:the social services costs are the ones going up, but not because the AI moves the sliders or anything, it just randomly starts to balloon in cost, not reletive to GDP or anything, only the size of the treasury. instantly (next turn wise) upon spending to below that point, the costs return to normal.
Thanks for the info, I've increased the priority to take a look at this for the next update.
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

no problem, thanks for looking into it.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

This appears to still be a thing. The moment you go over 10 billion treasury, social spending increases dramatically. This is annoying, because I'm trying to maintain a consistent amount of growth, but the moment I cross 10 billion my daily expenses increase by about 2 billion and GDP, Inflation, and unemployment are all effected as a result. I try to balance this by dumping money into one of my colonies, but it seems my economy is so large that the threshold that they consider low and just try to send the money right back to me is somewhere around 8 billion. So the moment it drops below 8 billion, they send me a ton of cash that puts me over the 10 billion limit and forces me to eat the additional 2 billion daily costs and stresses my employment more than I want it to be right now. You can likely imagine how tedious it is to have to manage constant trades with my colony to stay within the 8-10 billion limit to prevent this from happening. I have the ministers locked out of everything, though I do have a few minister priorities set because I believe colonies will use your ministers priorities for themselves and I'm trying to manipulate them into repairing the structures that were damaged when I conquered them. That's another issue entirely where I sent them over 5 million industrial goods and hundreds of billions of dollars and yet they still haven't repaired those damaged buildings which is annoying. I wish there was an option that you could force toggle on to order your colonies to resume construction/repairing since I have no ability to touch their buildings beyond the initial point of starting construction.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Any change this will get fixed after 1 yr so modern scenarios are playable??
Gameplay 1st
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

I have over $140Bn, I don't know of any time I have had an issue with this. Maybe it depends on the scenario? I'm playing the 1936 scenario as Italy, 1946 so maybe that's why.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

I have over $500bn in my '41 sandbox. it is '60 now. Even with maxed social spendings costs are in normal range. The only issue I can see is AI not conducting unit and tech research propeerly (have to do this by myself in multiplayer) and AI overbuilding land, air and naval fabrication capacities (US have over 150 land build capacity and map is geting overcrowded). Also AI extremely rarely builds missile fabrication capacities (so far only UK built one).
Please teach AI everything!
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Well, this is still a thing for the Cold War sandbox at least. The moment my treasury exceeds this completely arbitrary point, social expenses increase dramatically, inflation goes up and GDP skyrockets as a result. I'm attempting to play with house rules which require me to stay under certain limits but it means I have to keep my treasury under a certain amount in order to do this. I assume the point is to prevent stockpiling large amounts of cash, but the fact that this limit appears to be entirely arbitrary and acts in such a brute force fashion isn't something I personally like. :P I'd much rather prefer for it to be more dynamic based on the strength of your economy to determine what is actually a large treasury, and for it to scale more slowly. As it is, it doesn't seem to matter how strong my actual economy is. Once I cross the point somewhere around 10 billion, it will result in those fairly dramatic results up until the point you are under that amount once again.

I understand the desire to limit huge cash stockpiles, and it's not the biggest deal in the world for me at the moment because my economy is still small enough where I can stay under this threshold fairly easily right now. But that won't be the case forever. Eventually my economy will grow to the point where I'm once again in the situation I posted about in this thread before. Where my economy is so strong that the moment I send the cash to a colony or spend it on resources to keep myself under the limit, those same colonies will assume that my treasury is too low and send the money right back to me. And the increases in social spending are quite dramatic and make it extremely difficult for me to keep my growth at a level where I want it to be at, forcing me to spend substantial amounts of money on increased social spending I didn't choose to spend.

By the sounds of it, this isn't a problem in any of the other scenarios anymore, so I'm assuming you guys tweaked this stuff and perhaps forgot about it in the cold war scenario. If that's the case then maybe it'll be a relatively simply tweak to fix it? :) I'm hoping. :D
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

This was finally fixed for present scenario's in 9.0.73. I have a multiplayer game with US 8000B and rest 1000B cause i send them the cash from US.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”