Questions: Intelligence, Buildings, Independence

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Questions: Intelligence, Buildings, Independence

Post by Balthagor »

huh?

Are you saying that you believe that other points of the map should have either tourism or business sectors added? It's easily modded...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:huh?

Are you saying that you believe that other points of the map should have either tourism or business sectors added? It's easily modded...
Yes, we have been discussing this before. Many famous atractions are missing and I'm a very bad modder.
Please teach AI everything!
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Balthagor wrote:huh?

Can you post a link to wiki where this is explained in steps from a-z? If not several links? Must be me with years of experience in website building but i cant seem to learn modding. I think i have to start in SR2020 first.

Really Chris not to attack you, but i waited 4 months for you guys to fix economy.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

I'll just repeat myself :evil: :wink:

I really do not see any reason why Athens, St. Peterburg, Rome, Venice or London lack tourist atractions (and we have to agree these are the major ones).

And I'm talking only about Europe and human made attractions.
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Only from Netherlands im missing business sectors in:

Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Den Haag
Eindhoven

And then im only talking about that. You see why i dont come with new features?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote:I'll just repeat myself :evil: :wink:

I really do not see any reason why Athens, St. Peterburg, Rome, Venice or London lack tourist atractions (and we have to agree these are the major ones).

I just check Rome in the modern map and it has them. Haven't checked the '36 or Cold War era maps, you'll need to specify which one. Modern map Athens has tourism, not business, but with the condition of the economy I'm not sure I'd agree with putting one there.

Not also that each of these facilities represents a very large economic sector of a country. We would never design a map with a facility in all the various cities were there are big corporations. We abstract a region's capacity into a sort of cluster.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

MrRipper wrote:Can you post a link to wiki where this is explained in steps from a-z?
I'm fairly certain others have described some of this either on the forums or on the wiki. Search both, and if you don't find anything start a thread in the proper forum section. One of the modders can likely answer your questions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:
Zuikaku wrote:I'll just repeat myself :evil: :wink:

I just check Rome in the modern map and it has them. Haven't checked the '36 or Cold War era maps, you'll need to specify which one. Modern map Athens has tourism, not business, but with the condition of the economy I'm not sure I'd agree with putting one there.

Not also that each of these facilities represents a very large economic sector of a country. We would never design a map with a facility in all the various cities were there are big corporations. We abstract a region's capacity into a sort of cluster.
My mistake. I am talking about '36 . I really think London, Athens, Rome and Veice deserve atrractions even in '36.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I don't really have an opinion. Start a new thread, see what others think...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:I don't really have an opinion. Start a new thread, see what others think...
I consider "missing attractions" issue to be the minor one compared to the others, so I'll just pursue issues I consider more important than this.
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

The synthesis I come away with is:

1. If you are being pestered by the AI's spy missions: build another Security Bureau.

2. If you want more spies to use (an additional 50 per facility I presume) then build another Intelligence Academy.

I mean, I AM assuming here that the moderator values a Security Bureau applies to the calculations for counterintelligence STACK, but that seems rather strongly implied :P

So for example a Security Bureau gives a net +15% resistance to enemy espionage, then two of them give +30%?

Would it be possible to actually know the actual number that determines that moderator value? :P

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”