Few General Questions

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

raybaudi
Captain

Few General Questions

Post by raybaudi »

Hi, long time no see... finally decided to check in in SRU as of friday...

1) could you please add a hotkey to load/unload ? (Kinda like good ol' CTRL+SHIFT+R for repairing)

2) how do you transport your foot soldiers from one place to the other? In 1936 Italian campaign, luckily there are some supply trucks available in Eastern Africa but can't seem to build anymore except for those limited-payload early trucks....

Thought the supply trucks showed up after building a supply center.

Thank you again, Battlegoat, for releasing this game.
George Geczy
General

Re: Few General Questions

Post by George Geczy »

raybaudi wrote:Hi, long time no see... finally decided to check in in SRU as of friday...
Glad to hear!
1) could you please add a hotkey to load/unload ? (Kinda like good ol' CTRL+SHIFT+R for repairing)
CTRL+SHIFT+R does a repair command? :o I had entirely forgotten that. We'll take a look and see if there are more orders that are suitable for hotkey use.
2) how do you transport your foot soldiers from one place to the other? In 1936 Italian campaign, luckily there are some supply trucks available in Eastern Africa but can't seem to build anymore except for those limited-payload early trucks....
Higher capacity trucks need to be researched... I'm actually not sure of the research path to get them, I'll need to take a look. For destinations not far from the coast, sometimes sea transport is a way of getting around more quickly. Ideally train-transport would make sense, but we don't have that as a game element. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing some rail-transit features and hopefully it's something we can look at for an update.

Outside of that, it's walking.
Ater
Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by Ater »

George Geczy wrote: Higher capacity trucks need to be researched... I'm actually not sure of the research path to get them, I'll need to take a look. For destinations not far from the coast, sometimes sea transport is a way of getting around more quickly. Ideally train-transport would make sense, but we don't have that as a game element. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing some rail-transit features and hopefully it's something we can look at for an update.

Train transport would be really interesting!
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Ater wrote:
George Geczy wrote: Higher capacity trucks need to be researched... I'm actually not sure of the research path to get them, I'll need to take a look. For destinations not far from the coast, sometimes sea transport is a way of getting around more quickly. Ideally train-transport would make sense, but we don't have that as a game element. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing some rail-transit features and hopefully it's something we can look at for an update.

Train transport would be really interesting!
+1 :-)
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

WOW, how nice would it be to have infantry move at vehical speeds if on a hex that has rails. Even more if they would path to the nearest rail line if told to move cross country...
I use heli transport for all of my troops, so this would save me a ton of time, money and game speed. Instead of having helo's flying all over the country to pick my men up.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

D.B. Cooper wrote:WOW, how nice would it be to have infantry move at vehical speeds if on a hex that has rails. Even more if they would path to the nearest rail line if told to move cross country...
I use heli transport for all of my troops, so this would save me a ton of time, money and game speed. Instead of having helo's flying all over the country to pick my men up.
Or even just a 'Land Transport' command that would pick units up in supply trucks like the (albeit broken) air transport command does.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

George Geczy wrote:
raybaudi wrote:Hi, long time no see... finally decided to check in in SRU as of friday...
Glad to hear!
CTRL+SHIFT+R does a repair command? :o I had entirely forgotten that. We'll take a look and see if there are more orders that are suitable for hotkey use.
Higher capacity trucks need to be researched... I'm actually not sure of the research path to get them, I'll need to take a look. For destinations not far from the coast, sometimes sea transport is a way of getting around more quickly. Ideally train-transport would make sense, but we don't have that as a game element. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing some rail-transit features and hopefully it's something we can look at for an update.

Any chance of a list of hotkeys to refer to? The one in the manual has a lot missing.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”