BattleGoat Studios and future projects

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

xwerswoodx
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: BattleGoat Studios and future projects

Post by xwerswoodx »

Aragos wrote:
nick-bang wrote:
George Geczy wrote:A common question that comes up now that Supreme Ruler Ultimate has been released is "What's Next?" And thank you for all the positive comments and suggestions about where we could go with our game engine and future concepts.

As it turns out, however, Supreme Ruler Ultimate is (as it's name suggests :) ) the final BattleGoat "Supreme Ruler" game, at least for the time being. For the first time in 15 years, BattleGoat does not have a "next game" in our pipeline.

That's not to say we're shutting down and taking our toys and going home - we're still committed to support and updates for Supreme Ruler Ultimate, and in fact are working hard to get the next update out by late next week with more new content and fixes. Updates for Ultimate will continue into next year. We are also looking at improving our support for modding and releasing more modding tools early next year, to allow the community to take our game even further. We think that Supreme Ruler Ultimate is a great game with an absolutely huge amount of content, and a game engine that overcomes some significant technical challenges to allow a "whole world" real time simulation. We're very proud of the game, and we are very appreciative for the community that has supported us to allow us to bring these games to market.

It's been over thirty years since the first text-based Supreme Ruler game was released for the TRS-80, and almost exactly 15 years since we "rebooted" the franchise and started work on the PC versions. It's been a wild ride at times. Thank you to everyone that's joined us in that ride.

-- George.

NoooOOoooOO .... This cannot be the end ... The game still has so much potential !

Is this a matter of Money, if so then Ill be happy to start a crowdfunding?!

Just one aspect and huge potential of this game is to take it to the NeXT level

Namely to take the last step into an actual socialdemographic simulator. Its not far off - in fact when I studied Macroeconomics at university, then I sometimes tried some scenarios off in the game.
Also it has the potential to be the eminent strategic war simulator in the resurgent Cold war.
If the modding tools are released, it would keep the game alive for the players. If not, I figure it will sort of fade away after the next patch or two. Sad that BG isn't looking at expanding the game.
I agree with you, if they release map and modding tools for us we can improve it, but if not this means, anyway I don't think that result, so they need to release map, and gui tools for improve game and change map :) Also if they release any tools for Units, and Technology files, it can be easy for us.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The game was not built in unity, so there are no such files that will be released. We did not licence an engine, we built it ourselves.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

WhiteJP wrote:He was asking about Unit tools, not Unity tools :)

I had to read it twice to make sure myself, so, manly handshake?

James
Some of the our forum users made unit editor. It is excellent, especially compared to notepad.
Please teach AI everything!
xwerswoodx
Lieutenant

Post by xwerswoodx »

Yes I mean Unit editor but just said it as an example, I am looking for map and terrain editors because we can't open .mapx file and don't understand .terx file so we can't edit these two files.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

I'm looking for news on update and if it will finally include some AI diplomacy tuning.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ah, you are correct. Too much Unity at the new studio :)

I did speak to George who is determined to have an update this month, I'm not sure he'll manage all the things he talked about so the content will stay a mystery for now.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:Ah, you are correct. Too much Unity at the new studio :)

I did speak to George who is determined to have an update this month, I'm not sure he'll manage all the things he talked about so the content will stay a mystery for now.
Thanks ,but he talked too little so mystery remains :D Did he talked about diplomacy (sorry, gotta try)? :lol:
xwerswoodx
Lieutenant

Post by xwerswoodx »

And do you think add a colony section for region which is annexed by us. Like Azerbaijan annexed by Russia, I don't want to colonize them but if I want to do this, I have to liberate them and after that declare war and take back, and this decrease our treaty :)

Also is there any way to add changing colony name? And giving hex to colony, maybe connect our colonize like East Africa, as a 1 country :) For example there is a 3 Somaliland (SR1936) and I just want to connect them as a 1 Country :) Or when I colonize some small regions, there are many small regions so I want to connect them as a one country.

Also if it is possible to add, please add giving or taking hex from colonies. Because sometime when I colonize somewhere and after that I don't know how but sometime game not give their land to them (there is no military) and I hate to see it :) I will send a picture to show this I can't explain.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

xwerswoodx wrote:

And do you think add a colony section for region which is annexed by us. Like Azerbaijan annexed by Russia, I don't want to colonize them but if I want to do this, I have to liberate them and after that declare war and take back, and this decrease our treaty :)

Also is there any way to add changing colony name? And giving hex to colony, maybe connect our colonize like East Africa, as a 1 country :) For example there is a 3 Somaliland (SR1936) and I just want to connect them as a 1 Country :) Or when I colonize some small regions, there are many small regions so I want to connect them as a one country.

Also if it is possible to add, please add giving or taking hex from colonies. Because sometime when I colonize somewhere and after that I don't know how but sometime game not give their land to them (there is no military) and I hate to see it :) I will send a picture to show this I can't explain.
I agree
Con forza ed ardimento
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

xwerswoodx wrote:

Probably not possible with how the current engine works. Hexes are dedicated to one nationality/group or another, and are defined by the scenario file (e.g., in Shattered World, Texas is a country, but not in 1936 start scenario). Consequently, there is no system to ultimately gain/change loyalty in a hex either.
BlackSoulReaper
Warrant Officer

Post by BlackSoulReaper »

If this includes new features, if George needs more incentive tell him to set it up as a DLC and I will buy it. All I really hope for atm though is just more optimizations to game speed for long term play.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

BlackSoulReaper wrote: If this includes new features, if George needs more incentive tell him to set it up as a DLC and I will buy it.
+1
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Zuikaku wrote:I'm looking for news on update and if it will finally include some AI diplomacy tuning.
Balthagor wrote:...I did speak to George who is determined to have an update this month...
Balthagor wrote:...I'm not sure he'll manage all the things he talked about so the content will stay a mystery for now.

:D :D :D :D :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

We are still waiting and we love the game [_]B
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

If all goes as planned (hmmm... when does that ever happen?) there should be an update posted by the end of the week.

More details in a few days.

-- George.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”