BattleGoat Studios and future projects

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

BattleGoat Studios and future projects

Post by George Geczy »

A common question that comes up now that Supreme Ruler Ultimate has been released is "What's Next?" And thank you for all the positive comments and suggestions about where we could go with our game engine and future concepts.

As it turns out, however, Supreme Ruler Ultimate is (as it's name suggests :) ) the final BattleGoat "Supreme Ruler" game, at least for the time being. For the first time in 15 years, BattleGoat does not have a "next game" in our pipeline.

That's not to say we're shutting down and taking our toys and going home - we're still committed to support and updates for Supreme Ruler Ultimate, and in fact are working hard to get the next update out by late next week with more new content and fixes. Updates for Ultimate will continue into next year. We are also looking at improving our support for modding and releasing more modding tools early next year, to allow the community to take our game even further. We think that Supreme Ruler Ultimate is a great game with an absolutely huge amount of content, and a game engine that overcomes some significant technical challenges to allow a "whole world" real time simulation. We're very proud of the game, and we are very appreciative for the community that has supported us to allow us to bring these games to market.

It's been over thirty years since the first text-based Supreme Ruler game was released for the TRS-80, and almost exactly 15 years since we "rebooted" the franchise and started work on the PC versions. It's been a wild ride at times. Thank you to everyone that's joined us in that ride.

-- George.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: BattleGoat Studios and future projects

Post by Balthagor »

Just to let everyone know, my role with BattleGoat Studios is changing. With the release of Supreme Ruler Ultimate, BattleGoat is no longer developing another new Supreme Ruler title, and the studio work has shifted to support and updates of Ultimate over the next few months. For myself, I'm exploring new projects. I have already begun to work with some other development teams as well as some projects outside the video game industry. I'm still doing some work with David and George on certain aspects of the game, however the studio is not working on a new project at present. This also means that I won't be able to answer as many threads since I won't have as much opportunity to track all discussions. The work I'll still be involved in will include technical support, testing, map edits, events, content fixes and documentation improvements.

I'd like the thank everyone for their participation here and for the many discussions we've had. I'm very proud of what BattleGoat has accomplished and the roles I've had in these projects. I hope that I have added in some way to the game experience for you, the user, and that our community efforts have enhanced the Supreme Ruler games.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

This sounds a bit sad...

Hope you'l find another great project to work on.

Maybe we can help you with some ideas.

anyway, thank you guys for the great game, cooperating with comunity and all the patience.
Please teach AI everything!
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Sad as well, but wish you nothing but the best with new pursuits and the new updates for the existing game.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

That'll do goat.jpg

@ balt should let me know which projects so I can come harass you...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nothing I can talk about yet, still in various negotiations.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

I wish you all well. Just hope we continue to receive feedback and fixes/updates.

If i can drop an idea. Something like this game but then criminal oriented with economy would be cool. There are so few of these games.. Most go way back to the 90's. They need a revival.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

@Balth

So, who becomes the new you on the forums here for the next few months? You know, the person responsible for taking all the punches, freak requests, crazy desires and what not from us, your beloved customers and forum members, (while the development of Ultimate still lasts)... :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'm still here for a bit longer :P

And even once my contractual obligations are completed, I'm still part of the team so will be around for time to time.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Yes, the punches/freaks/crazies still go to @balthagor :lol:
mrevilpb
Warrant Officer

Post by mrevilpb »

That's a shame, I hope your new endeavors fair you well, always a bit sad when you lose a communal voice, good look Balthagor.
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

You guys should make a DLC much farther into the past... Like the USA fighting for independence. :-P I just thought that would be an interesting game.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

I'm just glad you guys didn't stop before the resurrection of countries was implemented :D I can say that alone lifted this game from an 8/10 to a 10/10 game in my book. Everything from here on out is just refining the perfection I think. I'm actually glad you guys are working on new ideas because there is no sense in continuing with the Supreme Ruler series. Outdoing SRU with a sequel would be impossible :D I would really really like to see modding tools released though. Heck, if it includes a map editor I'd even be willing to pay for it :wink:
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

How cool would a nice user friendly map editor and country/unit builder be. Civilization 3 comes to mind.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Well, damn good job fellows. It was a hell of a run.

Now, get to work doing a global RTS that starts in 2000 BC or so. ;)

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”