Soviet industry needs a boost

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Soviet industry needs a boost

Post by GreenGoblin »

In the game, the USSR has pitifully low unit production capacity and military goods production compared with Germany. This is completely the opposite of what was the case in reality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Fr ... ial_output

P.S. I think that the pre-war balance of military strength needs looking at in general. For example the USA was not a major land power before they started converting their civilian industry for war production.
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Re: Soviet industry needs a boost

Post by amynase »

Agreed. +1
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

+1
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

+1 :)
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Only US should have higher land unit building capacity than USSR.
Please teach AI everything!
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Germany's minor allies themselves can outproduce USSR in '41. With a Hungarian land building capacity at 3, Romanian at 3, Bulgarian at 2, slovakian at 1 and Croatian at 1 we are at 10 land build capacity and Soviets are at only 8 |O I really do not know why soviets are not boosted yet, but with such a tiny build capacity they can not last for very long time, especially in endless wars that last forever...
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

I think one of the issues is that the AI rarely adds build capacity; I think the AI parameters could probably be changed where it would rapidly build some production facilities and heavy industry either by scripted event with a declaration of war or just in general if a country falls under attack and has excess military hex space. That way countries like the USSR and Japan wouldn't loose quite so fast.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Chesehead wrote:I think one of the issues is that the AI rarely adds build capacity; I think the AI parameters could probably be changed where it would rapidly build some production facilities and heavy industry either by scripted event with a declaration of war or just in general if a country falls under attack and has excess military hex space. That way countries like the USSR and Japan wouldn't loose quite so fast.
That's the thing.. the AI has been capable of adding production capacity since SR2020... it's just always been overly cautious about spending the money to do so. So cautious about it that the majority of players believed the AI wasn't capable of it since they never saw it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

The problem is land build factories needs MGs which are in very short supply - especially during the wars. I see AI starting to build unit factories but it builds them for years due to MGs shortages.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Fistalis wrote:
Chesehead wrote:I think one of the issues is that the AI rarely adds build capacity; I think the AI parameters could probably be changed where it would rapidly build some production facilities and heavy industry either by scripted event with a declaration of war or just in general if a country falls under attack and has excess military hex space. That way countries like the USSR and Japan wouldn't loose quite so fast.
That's the thing.. the AI has been capable of adding production capacity since SR2020... it's just always been overly cautious about spending the money to do so. So cautious about it that the majority of players believed the AI wasn't capable of it since they never saw it.
The AI always throws tons of money at social spending, even when it is controlling a dictatorship nation anyway. Hence it never has enough money to "comfortably" invest in structures.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”