Next update?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Next update?

Post by Zuikaku »

Hi!

Is anything known about ETA of next update? Devs seems to be rather quiet lately. hope they are on vacation enjoying well deserved rest :-)

Any way, I'm hoping for some update and to see some further polishing of this great game!

Boy, are these everlastin AI vs. AI wars annoying! :D
Please teach AI everything!
hoddized
Colonel

Re: Next update?

Post by hoddized »

+1
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

And those 1936 battles without leg infantry.... :)

Edit: and those 1936 infantry with high tech AT capacity.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

hoddized wrote:And those 1936 battles without leg infantry.... :)

Edit: and those 1936 infantry with high tech AT capacity.
And those overpowered Bf-110s :D
and those empty AI carriers...
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

And those scattered fleets...
And those out of supply AI units that don't call for supply vehicles...
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

AND THE AI NOT RESEARCHING UNITS

:D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

This was asked and answered on the steam forum but didn't get brought up here yet. We're close to another update but the next update will be content focused. In the drive to complete features for release, there were a number of content related elements that got left till later and we're catching up on some of those. We also lost George to PAX Australia for a bit.

Soon though.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Again, thanks for quick answer :)
hedberg
Sergeant

Post by hedberg »

I hope they'd fix the alliance thing at last. Everybody can understand that if there would've been a war in Europe during the cold war, the Warsaw Pact and NATO would've helped each other. SR says no they wouldn't.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Air transport command needs fixing too.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

My biggest gripe is the way nations continue to produce goods despite them being unprofitable and flooding the world market. They need to learn to produce only for demand when it costs them more to produce then they can sell it for. The fact they continue to produce for export ensures that oil and other commodities gets their value driven into the ground. I'm really waiting for that to be fixed before playing again.
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

way2co0l wrote:My biggest gripe is the way nations continue to produce goods despite them being unprofitable and flooding the world market. They need to learn to produce only for demand when it costs them more to produce then they can sell it for. The fact they continue to produce for export ensures that oil and other commodities gets their value driven into the ground. I'm really waiting for that to be fixed before playing again.

I think GDP does not increase as fast a production does, so the demand for goods does not keep up with the output of goods.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Now if only there was a loyalty system in place to reduce overproduction of goods...
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

It's not the loyalty that causes it. It's that countries continue producing goods despite them being readily available on the world market, and at highly reduced rates. I don't think it would be so bad to produce up to demand for things such as rubber (which will almost always be cheaper to buy off the WM) rather than continually try to import it despite the WM supply running dry and watching your industry shut down because you don't have it.

If a country produces as much oil as it needs, even if it were available on the world market for a lower price, it probably wouldn't be such a big deal. The problem is that most of the major producers don't just produce for demand, they continue to produce for export, which floods the world market and drives an already low price even lower and amplifying the problem. This is what I see as being the problem.

Ideally, I'd like to see the computer maximize it's profit by importing cheaper goods when possible and only producing domestically when it's either profitable, or when goods can't be gained from the world market in sufficient quantities as is the case with rubber, which countries need to produce domestically, even at a loss, in order to remain in supply. I'd prefer not to watch countries spam the world market with goods it could very easily gain through cheaper means and not have the WM prices drop to impossibly low levels because of it.

This would have the result that as many countries export a good, driving it's WM price down, it will eventually become unprofitable for certain countries to continue exporting, diminishing the available supply until finally the price levels out. As world demand grows, the prices will rise again and nations that couldn't make a profit from it before will begin exporting again now that it's profitable and keeping the prices stable.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

GreenGoblin wrote:Now if only there was a loyalty system in place to reduce overproduction of goods...
Don't worry it was a troll post. :D

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”