Suggestion: Get Rid of Unit Production Capacity.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

amynase
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Suggestion: Get Rid of Unit Production Capacity.

Post by amynase »

I know this is a suggestion that is extremely unlikely to make it into the game.

However, I am still going to try and convince you to add an OPTION to get rid of it.
What I am basically asking for is for you to give us an option to give every country an infinite amount of Land, Sea and Air Production Capacity.

This would improve the game in several ways:

- Manpower would become far more important because it would limit the amount of land units you can have.
- If a country needs to quickly build up a massive force, it can now do so wheter or not it has the necessary amount of prod. cap.
- Japan with its superior economy and expecially military goods production would finally have an advantage against China and maybe this would stop it from losing its war all the time.
- USSR with its superior manpower would have a chance to beat Germany.
- Armies could reach full historical size.
- Countries could reproduce units as fast as they are lost.

The way I imagine this to be introduced:

- Add an Option in the main menu to give countries unlimited production capacity.
- If ticked, all unit production facilities are removed from the map.
- Countries can now freely build as many units as they want at any time.
All units spawn in the port, airport and barracks that are closest to the capital (I leave this open to discussion)
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Re: Suggestion: Get Rid of Unit Production Capacity.

Post by amynase »

Please tell me your opinion what you think about this :D
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

one question.

So, theoretically, Bulgaria coul'd producethe same numbers of artillery/tanks/airplanes as Germany in the same time?
If that is true, sorry for dissapointing you but I don't like the idea. :-(
Please teach AI everything!
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

Zuikaku wrote:one question.

So, theoretically, Bulgaria coul'd producethe same numbers of artillery/tanks/airplanes as Germany in the same time?
If that is true, sorry for dissapointing you but I don't like the idea. :-(
No!

Germany has more manpower, so they can use more units at the same time.
Germany produces more money and military materials, so they can build more equipment.

What this would do is remove the limitations of production for some ot the bigger countries like USSR, that has enough resources, money and manpower to support a big army, but does not have enought land production facilities to do so.

Small countries would of course still be weaker than big countries, but all countries could use their full potential of resources, money and manpower without limitations.

I hope this answers your question ? :)
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

amynase wrote:
What this would do is remove the limitations of production for some ot the bigger countries like USSR, that has enough resources, money and manpower to support a big army, but does not have enought land production facilities to do so.

Small countries would of course still be weaker than big countries, but all countries could use their full potential of resources, money and manpower without limitations.

But all they have to do now is to add 10 more land fabrications to USSR. And this way, you can bomb, spy, disable or capture unit producing plants. Is that possible in your system?

P.S. I'm very subjective since I'm too much interested in AI and diplomacy changes, so I'm maybe not the right person for this subject...
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

Zuikaku wrote:
amynase wrote:

But all they have to do now is to add 10 more land fabrications to USSR. And this way, you can bomb, spy, disable or capture unit producing plants. Is that possible in your system?
You can bomb, spy, disable or capture resource production. Ecpecially military goods production would seriously limit how many units a country can support. Also, I am not requesting they delete the old System, I just want them to add the option of using the new one
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

Also, I disagree that adding 10 land production to USSR would fix all problems, although it would be a major improvement. Still, Japan would be too weak, USA and Germany would get too strong too fast, and no country could build ships at something even close to how fast they were produced historically.
rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Post by rogerbacon »

Add the ability for cities to produce infantry only designs.
That would allow for bigger armies while still requiring specialized (Land, sea, air) production facilities for vehicles.
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

rogerbacon wrote:Add the ability for cities to produce infantry only designs.
That would allow for bigger armies while still requiring specialized (Land, sea, air) production facilities for vehicles.
It would however still not allow countries to build enough units to reach historical proportions. Also, countries without the necessary technology could still not build any planes, so you don't have to worry about everyone having a big airforce because of this. I also guess that countries with tons of manpower but little military goods production would build mostly infantry anyways. Turning this into a question, is the AI more likely to build infantry if it lacks money and resources but has enough manpower? If that is not the case, it should definitely be added. But thats a topic for another thread.
Okmangeez
Sergeant

Post by Okmangeez »

That might mean that countries like China, USSR, and The United States holding most of the power in the world. Countries with less manpower such as Canada, Southern Asia, and Western would be dominated and be at the mercy of the super powers. I would suggest that USSR have a few more production facilities and add a couple to Japan also. Try to make China less powerful, and less united. The U.S. should be able to assist the Allies early on so the Axis doesn't dominate Europe.

When life gives you lemon, eat it.
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

Okmangeez wrote:That might mean that countries like China, USSR, and The United States holding most of the power in the world. Countries with less manpower such as Canada, Southern Asia, and Western would be dominated and be at the mercy of the super powers. I would suggest that USSR have a few more production facilities and add a couple to Japan also. Try to make China less powerful, and less united. The U.S. should be able to assist the Allies early on so the Axis doesn't dominate Europe.

When life gives you lemon, eat it.
Well, but isn't it very realistic that those countries hold most of the power? In my opinion, it makes sense since they also were and are the dominant countries in the world :)
number47
General

Post by number47 »

This suggestion has no connection of any kind with reality and therefore, doesn't interest me or have my support. :P
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

There is a large problem with this suggestion, everybody can buy MG from everybody else, so countries with little or no MG production can mass produce aircraft, tanks, artillery etc. I tested tripling the production capacity for everybody and the results where Italy with thousands of tanks and aircraft. That's not right... and that's just tripling the existing capacity.

I think a better solution would be to exclude some units from the production capacity, like leg infantry and cavalry. You don't need large fabrication capacity to arm a large army of leg infantry if you have the MG necessary. I also think that MG's should only be traded via the diplomacy screen and you should have to have good relations with the seller.

The AI should try to keep up with the size of rival countries armies, but if the don't have the production capacity that would mean a lot cheap leg infantry.
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

number47 wrote:This suggestion has no connection of any kind with reality and therefore, doesn't interest me or have my support. :P
I agree, in reality countries cannot produce constantly. I doubt that this will be implemented in the game... Sorry but I don't want to give you my support. :-(
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

hoddized wrote:
The AI should try to keep up with the size of rival countries armies, but if the don't have the production capacity that would mean a lot cheap leg infantry.
And not annoying engineers |O

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”