Supreme Ruler Ultimate Version 9.0.12 Changelog

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Supreme Ruler Ultimate Version 9.0.12 Changelog

Post by George Geczy »

The changelog has been updated with the latest changes:

Version 9.0.12
  • Resolved memory issue with excessive diplomatic offers
  • AI regions will no longer make diplo offers to dead regions
  • Improved internal handling of dead region AI
  • New Mac Installs default to 16-bit Resolution to improve performance
  • Diplomatic trade of missiles now also allows reserve show for ally/mutdef/nonaggr
  • Graphic options level setting sets all levels high/low, not just satellite imagery
  • Further improvement to AI trading resource code (prevent over-trading)
  • Resolve Newsitems / Don't show AI list memory leak
  • Known Designs updated for Russia
  • Equipment file minor fixes
  • Fixed region data for France in 2020 era maps
  • Order of Battle fixes
  • Loyalty Penalties Game Option added to Scenario Settings
Those of you who are having poor video performance at some zoom levels may want to try the new "Low" Graphics Resolution setting - after changing the setting, quit (through the game menu) and restart, and this may help things. Overall the game visuals are very similar at the low resolution setting, so this may be a worthwhile thing to try to improve your framerate.

-- George / BattleGoat Studios.
UnionOfWar
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Version 9.0.12 Changelog

Post by UnionOfWar »

It would be really cool if you could release a fix for resolution under 1440x900. I can not use the espionage and a few other plays can not either because we can not see it. Thank you for the updates! They're pretty decent, but please consider supporting lower resolutions that will scale the screen better. Every other game supports the minimum of 800x600 and more, so I find it terrible that 1440x900 is the minimum.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Nice! Yesterday, adding the loyalty penalty option to the game settings was just planned. Today it is implemented. Lightning fast!
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Wow, a new update so quick, nice!
George Geczy wrote: Those of you who are having poor video performance at some zoom levels may want to try the new "Low" Graphics Resolution setting - after changing the setting, quit (through the game menu) and restart, and this may help things. Overall the game visuals are very similar at the low resolution setting, so this may be a worthwhile thing to try to improve your framerate.

-- George / BattleGoat Studios.
To users experiencing video lag I would also recommend disabling 3D terrains. No offense, to whomever made the 3D terrains, but I quite prefer the natural, realistic satellite map.
Personally, I do experience zoom-lag, even though I have a 7790 graphics card. I don't mind it.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

Diplomatic trade of missiles now also allows reserve show for ally/mutdef/nonaggr

Bug: When placing the missile stack in the trade window, it values it correctly at say 8000 million (i cant remember the number), and that is then the requested sum. But the AI is happy to take 200ish million for it. I assume it is because it is evaluating the trade on the basis of 1 missile, not the 80 in the stack.

To users experiencing video lag I would also recommend disabling 3D terrains. No offense, to whomever made the 3D terrains, but I quite prefer the natural, realistic satellite map.
Personally, I do experience zoom-lag, even though I have a 7790 graphics card. I don't mind it.

Agree .. turning off the 3d terrain is a huge performance boost - not only on my laptop, but also on my better desktop.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

mattpilot wrote:Bug: When placing the missile stack in the trade window, it values it correctly at say 8000 million (i cant remember the number), and that is then the requested sum. But the AI is happy to take 200ish million for it. I assume it is because it is evaluating the trade on the basis of 1 missile, not the 80 in the stack...
Are you buying or selling the missiles? The 8000M is the fixed value based on build price, the AI can ask/offer for more or less than that.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

Balthagor wrote:
mattpilot wrote:Bug: When placing the missile stack in the trade window, it values it correctly at say 8000 million (i cant remember the number), and that is then the requested sum. But the AI is happy to take 200ish million for it. I assume it is because it is evaluating the trade on the basis of 1 missile, not the 80 in the stack...
Are you buying or selling the missiles? The 8000M is the fixed value based on build price, the AI can ask/offer for more or less than that.
It appears its just a display error in diplomatic trade screen. The screen seems to evaluate the trade based on one missile, not the stack.

The green icon comes on when i auto-balance and offer 216mill ... while the requested value of 81 scud missiles is 8700 mill. However, after proposing the trade, a counter proposal for a requested 34000 mill comes back. This value-ratio is in line with all the other units the AI has for sale.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

noted.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

A fix was pushed this morning that adds a spinning rotor to some of the helicopters (rest coming soon).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
xeeks
Captain

Post by xeeks »

1936 Sandbox I can't play as Maldives... It's there in the map but can't select...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Confirmed. We'll fix that for the next update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

mattpilot wrote:...It appears its just a display error in diplomatic trade screen. The screen seems to evaluate the trade based on one missile, not the stack...
Coming back to this, I was not able to confirm this. Starting as Sweden, when I offer to trade on RBS-15 to Norway, it values it at 112M which is what it costs me to build it and Norway will buy it for 134M. Do you have more details?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”